“Walk Like an Egyptian” Flash Mob Fail.

Fellas! Listen to me! For the last time: First you slide your feet up the street, bend your back, shift your arm and then you pull it back!

COXWFMCU [Cute Overload Extreme Webbed Feet Mélée Close-Up]

Let’s go east. No. West, Ammar A.

Comments

1. Where is this magical place?

2. AuntieMame says:

Ay oh WAY oh, ay oh way ohhh!

3. no so much cute as it is different

4. Life is hard you know, oh way oh
    So strike a pose on a Cadillac
    If you want to find all the cops
    They’re hanging out in the donut shop
    They sing and dance, oh way oh
    Spin the clubs cruise down the block

5. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

Walk like a pack of terns?

6. Where’s Waldo?

7. All I can hear in my head is just a chorus of “mine? Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?”

8. Great photo, I can almost see them turning around and running away from the wave so as not to get their little footsies wet. :-)

9. flutterbye says:

What kind of ducklets be these? No…not duckies, terns mebe bebe?? Teh beaks/bills are strange!

10. swimmer love says:

i think its sooooo cute!!!!!! btw, i totally agree with Gigi!

11. 260Oakley says:

One good tern deserves another.

12. flutterbye says:

To Editor-peeps: Why are we subjected to these repulsive ads from Cats Against Clay? *CAC* pronounced caaaakk! the sound I make as I gag at the sight of a cat dropping a load in a toilet, this being situated in your banner?

13. fatgrammafinn says:

they look like a pack of kids running off to baskin robbins while their moms shop for back to school stuff

14. Ok my brain is on the fritz, seeing this brings me to mind a sitcom or movie where there was a large cast and in one part the group was in a group hug, then the phone rings and they all shuffle en masse over to the phone or something along those lines. Or is this an oft repeated sight gag? Now here’s where someone supplies the name of said sitcom/movie and more fully describes the scene, causing me to slap my head and go, “YEAH! It was SO obvious!!”
    My brain must know it is just a few days away from 40 and is putting in for some time off. Yeah, I’ll stick with that explanation.

15. Reminds me of many a meeting at work. In particular, notice the beaks pointing off in many different directions.

16. One thing’s for sure, if any of them move too quick, they’re definitely falling down like a domino.

Oh way oh.

17. @Metz– Mary Tyler Moore show

18. *obligatory head smack*
    OF COURSE! I knew as soon as someone told me I’d really remember it.
    THANK YOU! :-D

19. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Oy with the running with the beaks. It’s all fun and games til someone puts an eye out.

20. Martha in Washington says:

Hey Metz! My birthday is next week-the 25th. When’s yours? We should celebrate! And don’t worry about being 40-I’ve heard it’s the new 37. :)

21. Martha in Washington says:

@Argyle–then it’s a whole new game!

22. To everything (tern,tern, tern,)
    There is a season (tern, tern, tern, )
    and a time to every purpose under heaven

23. Anyone got an idea of the exact tern species in question here? My guess is Greater or Lesser Crested Tern, but I may be completely off.

24. @ Hon Glad AND Oakley – you two are da bomb!!! I about barked when I read those…

@Metz – I was right there with you… I could see the scene in my head, but couldn’t pull it up!! Thank YOU Theresa for allowing both the obligatory forehead smack!! LOL

Oh and these leetle burds huddle this way, so that it’s easy for us Shoppers to scoop them all up in one swing and plop them (gently) into our shopping basket… *And with that, she scoops them up, plops them into her basket and walks off whistling the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show*

25. @Hon Glad – in keeping with the marine theme, what about a “time to every porpoise under Heaven”?

@Metz – the group hug thing was also in the final episode of St. Elsewhere (different cast, of course).

26. @Martha: I’ll be 40 tomorrow! DUN DUN DUN!!! :-)

27. Happy birthday Metz! You don’t look a day over 39! :)

Hope you have a fantastic birthday.

28. Thank you! :-D

29. :)

30. Sasha's Mum says:

Ok, great pic, sure, but that’s possibly the best. caption. EVER! Excellent juxtaposition of contemporary and, um, not quite so contemporary pop culture references. 10/10 from the Canadian judge.

But now I have duelling earworms: “Walk Like an Egyptian” and the Mary Tyler Moore theme song.

31. It’s pop-culture-reference overload.

32. Kee-yooot! New desktop background!

33. Martha in Washington says:

Hippo Birthday Two Ewe!
    Hippo Birthday Two Ewe!
    Hippo Birthday Deer Metz!
    Hippo Birthday Two Ewe!

*with my apologies to Sandra Boynton

34. those lil’ birds are so cute

35. Aww shucks! Thanks guys! :oops:

36. “Ok everyone, remember where we parked the van. Let’s grab some space and and set up the chairs…and for heavens sake shake out the towels before we leave, the last time we were here we brought back most of the beach with us.”

37. I love how there is a selection of sizes..like the tiny one bottom, front left
    nyerhh…what a little fluffer…

38. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

nice blushing ackshon there Metz !!! :)

39. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ARGYLE where ya been, man??? (WO-man???) whatev’s…

40. Queen of Dork says:

Not sure how you all got on The Mary Tyler Moore Show…I’ll have to read the comments more carefully, but I’ve always really LOVED that theme song:

41. Queen of Dork says:

Throw your hats in the air, everybody! :)

42. That is one tightly packed juvenile shorebird creche!