Seal of Approval

Yes, it is I — the Seal of Approval, a benevolent spirit offering unconditional approval for every misstep, so your day doesn’t have to suck so much.

Say you overslept this morning? I approve. Burnt the French toast? J’approuve! Got the hiccups during the client presentation? Approve-o-rama!

Accidentally backed into a row of Harley-Davidsons, which toppled like dominoes onto a painter’s ladder, sending a can of Robin’s Egg Blue into a waiter’s tray at Saul Zapata’s Kosher Taqueria, which flung an entire order of sizzling gefilte-fajitas into a gentle arc over traffic and through the sunroof of a passing Mercedes?

Photo via Jack Zhang

Comments

1. LOVE!

2. mervtheflamingo says:

roly-poly-seal-head!

3. NTMTOM, words fail me. You used them all up before I could get to them.

MOST excellent!

4. Fuzzehl!!

Also, NTMTOM, if I weren’t married I’d propose to you for your delightful wit. *grin*

5. Does a Seal of Approval negate a Bunneh Disapproval?

6. made my day, thank you! :)

7. Gefilte-fajitas? My favorite!!

8. Holy Carp! Does he have a body?

9. Can we get this guy made into a stamp? PWEEEEZE??

10. nomtom you are on FIRE today

11. ROFLMAO…. OMG NTMTOM You have made me literally choke on my tea!
    And he is so adorables… said in Spanish accent ( A -door- Ahh Blayz)

I know really a mix of Spanish and LOLZ
    :D

12. Seal-fro!

13. I am ffleur and I approve of this post.

14. As cute as this picture is, the idea that this spirit approves & implicitly ok’s your bad day makes my day.

PS: How the heck to you get gefilte-fajitas to sizzle?

15. I love imagining these guys getting from place to place by just rolling around.

16. Colonel Jenna says:

OMG, even the shadows make it look like there is nothing there but a gently smiling face of happiness! This gives me great floofy joy!

17. Shygrrl74 says:

The visuals, too muche! he’s.so.fluffy!

@brinnann: goooood question. Which will occupy a goodly portion of my mind for the rest of the workday : ) thxCO!!

18. TrixandSam says:

I am rendered senseless by Teh Qte and the prose! BRAVO!!!

(oh, and “heh-heh.. heh-heh… he said gefilte-fajitas… heh-heh”)

19. flutterbye says:

Smilingk eyez!

20. Saul Zapata’s Kosher Taqueria…NTMTOM, you’re the best.

21. Thank you, Seal of Approval. I needed that.

22. Emmberrann says:

What happened to the rest of Mr. Approval?

23. Ok CO, I get the whole no clay thing, but enough with the “this is not natural” videos upon landing on your page. It’s sad and ruins my cute experience. Meh.

24. It’s like this guy’s son!

25. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Am I the first, to approve, of the Approval??

(No, Theo, it’s okay; I’m NOT talkin’ ’bout ‘bein the first to post!!)

26. fatgrammafinn says:

@ lizzy, being a postal “whatever” ,i know you can only get on a stamp after your demise (at least in the u.s.), at least an official stamp… try saving the pic and doing a search for home-made stamps… do it yourself stamps are expensive but don’t go by the same rules- a fine idea!!!!!

that isn’t terribly clear but i’m afraid of using brand names or names of websites, i’m saving up for surgery and can’t afford to get sued

that being said, i may not need surgery, because I Just DIEDedededed from the ice as well as the cute

27. yay! this little duder totally made my day

28. p.s. is that an advertissement as the background to C.O. now? le sigh.

29. such a cute face it kinda looks like a dog sleepen thats how cute it is

30. Naturalady says:

Wow. Absolutely fantastic writing. Fantastic. Brilliant. Way beyond 9.8! Beeeeeeeeeeeeg giant cheek-aching smiles………. priceless photo too. Thank you.

31. This is brilliant. Just brilliant. Made my day so much better.

32. bookmonstercats says:

I’d have given it a 10, me. And NOMTOM’s flight of fancy a 105. HOW do you do it, NOMTOM? How?

My Jewish friends feed me gefilte, but never in a fajita. Would it be rude of me to ask?

Would such a question get me the Seal of Approval?

33. bookmonstercats says:

PS He looks like Buddha to me

34. ….
    …..the..the little black dots about the smilin’ eyes…the frosted black nose…the fuzzy balloon head*…
    I…
    …I…
    (nose thumps monitor) SMOOCH!

*filled with Sealium of course*

35. thank you for this post I needed this approving seal very much today

36. lol, another learning experience thanks to CO and nomtom – i just looked up gefilte.

37. LOVE IT!

This one goes on the Top Ten list. :)

38. Copperbat says:

39. The videos for the no-clay ad are SAD not cute. There’s something vaguely sectarian about that company. Even the Seal of Approval wouldn’t approve. (And what’s not natural about a toilet trained kitteh ? wish I could train mine to do that!)

But thank you NomTom for the recent flurry of inspired postingks.

40. And he’s not uptight like that Seal of Purity–always telling you what you otter do or not do.

41. Thats too cute for me i think my brain melted, does he aprove that too?

42. Hey, kosher Mexican. It can happen. I remember Guiseppe Greenberg’s kosher Italian restaurant in Miami. My parents also have a favorite kosher Chinese in their neighborhood.

43. gefilte-fajitas

Beyond all the cuteness and joy that Cute Overload has brought me over the years, this, THIS phrase, is the best thing ever. NTMTOM, I salute you and your rapier wit.

44. NOMTOM, have you been watching Phineas & Ferb?

45. BenPanced says:

Before I approve, I have one question: whose Mercedes?

46. I love the Seal of Approval. So cuzy (mixture of cozy and fuzzy and cute)!

47. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Metz: I never saw that before! Nice multi-culti mashup! :D

48. Bottle Green says:

OMG NTMTOM, you are a genius.

49. I seal this post with a seal of approval and NTMTOM a perfect 10.

50. Am I the only person who thinks the seal looks like Charlie Chaplin?

51. SERIOUSLY… how can anyone want to harm that face! I just want to take him home so he can make me smile everyday!

52. It’s the Cheshire Seal from Alice in Tundraland.
    “I’ve seen a seal without grin, but I’ve never seen a grin without a seal”

53. Seals gots eyebrows!! Or possibly airquotes.

And love the blorp tag.

54. NTMTOM – Once again I genuflect in awe of your supreme awesomeness in your way with words. You da man!!!!!!!!!!

55. @ Pyrit… I, too, thoughtof the Cheshire Cat… but never so cleverly as you, I bow in your general direction, as well as to all other CO’s punny geniuses.

56. @fatgrammafinn, I was thinking more like a rubber stamp, with APPROVED written under the sealio’s face in big block letters. But that would be adorable, too!

57. I’m glad someone is willing to approve of all my mess-ups! What a cute little guy- he looks very affable to me.

58. luvstehQte says:

ooooooohhhhh, so snorgable!!!! reminds me of my favorite childhood plushie, harmony the harp seal. he had the same sweet face and floofy furs–just right for chasing away the things that go bump in the night!

59. The Cat Did It says:

Is this seal Japanese?

60. Oh my, I let out an involuntary Squee! when I scrolled down and this little guy popped up! Made my evening. ‘so your day doesn’t suck so much’. Something about that made me go ‘awwwwww’. Thx CO!

61. Cheshire cat’s Artic cousin.

62. does that dude remind anyone else of this dude?

teletubapproval

63. Thank you!
    Just what I needed on this sorry excuse of a day …
    Love!

64. place this next to a rabbit and they cancel each other out!

65. excellent poem! now i must start a kosher taqueria. :)

66. Hmmm…
    “Saul Zapata’s Kosher Taqueria
    Home of the gefilte-fajita!”

67. @tortoisegeek

>>“Saul Zapata’s Kosher Taqueria
    >>Home of the gefilte-fajita!”
    >>This *so* needs to be on a t-shirt. Which I would wear just to have people read it and go “Baroo??”

i’ll take one! especially if it looks like one of these:

68. Copperbat says:

How’d you do that?

69. Jane Ellen SMith says:

Hercule Poirot! It is he.

70. I’m so glad someone is there to always approve of anything I do. We all need that! This post brightened my day!

71. I want kosher Mexican! It’d make me think more about keeping kosher! << *is bad Jew*

72. Copperbat says:

73. Fluff ball of love. **sigh**

74. For some reason, I hear his approval in the voice of George Takei…

75. Maybe this should be sent to the European Union so that they don’t vote to repeal the banning of imported seal products that come from the bashinks of lurvely seal pups such as this. Just a thought.

76. Space Cowgirl says: