The Witness Protection Program Used to be More Reliable

When Luigi agreed to testify against Fat Tabby, he incorrectly assumed his new identity would be tougher to crack.

Not to mention the fact that his new location was little more than a hammock.

Always ratting out the bad guys, Tara G.

Comments

1. EEEeeeeeeEEE! I swear I can see his little whiskars and nose twitching. WANT! *grabby hands*

2. He’s down-rat cute!

3. RATZNRAX

4. I agree with Tum! We needs Rats & Racks category!

Beeeeeady eye factor! :D

5. Those are my furkids favorite hiding places….in the hair and down the shirt. This little guy is down right adorable and reminds me of my Matty.

6. These posts always bring out the breast in all of us.

7. Gosh I love all the rattie posts lately, it makes my heart happy- they’re such great little guys, so intelligent and personable.

8. 260Oakley says:

Definitely looks like a case of sexual hair-ratsment to me. Poor guy got caught in a booby trap.

(and a big tee hee to pyrit)

9. They need to rack the programme up a bit.

10. Nose beeeep! and BEF!

11. Whoo-hoo I love these! Yes, nose beep!!

12. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

a disapproving “tsk-tsk” to both 260O AND Pyrit….
    over my rhinestoned cats-eye spectacles ……

Signed,
    “KIDS, these days…..Why, in MY DAY ….”

13. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ps — YAY for the combo earworm AND hovertext!!!

(would that be an “eartext” or a “hoverworm”????)

14. I’m not a rat agent Agent Kujan.
    And only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze!

15. AuntieMame says:

LOL at the hover texts AND the puns. :D

(And the cute ickle paws with the ickle fingers.)

16. Re: hovertext on pic no. 2: Those concerned about bombs should NOT, I repeat NOT, look at the back end of a boy rat, ifyouknowwhatImean, andIthinkyoudo. :P

17. @ llism: He’s down-rat cute!
    I :lol: ‘d!
    Funny thing is, with my southern accent, this is how it would sound even if it read, “He’s down-right cute!”

18. A couple of years ago I went to visit Kitty Adventures & Oakland Cat in California (YAY for Peep Meet-Ups!). We were in the San Francisco zoo (I think) and were squeeing over the bears sleepingks. I said something about his feet, and a little boy – couldn’t have been more than 6 – told his dad something along the lines of, “She said it wrong. Those are his FEET.” I think it sounded to him like I’d said “fate.” :lol:

19. Hugs to Brinn We did have fun and LOL at the way you said Feet. Snicker

and on the subject of rats.. They make a wonderful wonderful pet.

also Just met up with Metsakins in LA, yesterday! We had a great time visiting the Getty Villa. Brinn is right Peep Meetups are the BEST!

you all are so wonderful.

20. bookmonstercats says:

Brinnann, how funny. I love southern American accents. Gone With The Wind and all that……

I love the ratty’s expression in pic #2. “Gasp! Just coming up for air.”

21. earlybird1 says:

I shall call him Templeton and he shall be mine.

22. the little feets! the whiskers!! too much.

23. Hey-it’s Ratatouille! Where’s his wee chefs’ hat?:-)

24. AuntieMame says:

@brinnann, I have family in Alabama, so I can hear exactly what you’re talking about. :D

I still laugh about the time our aunt took us for barbecue and asked us if we wanted a Yeller Meller to drink.

25. Their cute little “hands” kill me! I wish I could get over being creeped out by their tails. This site has helped me get over almost all of my rat phobia, but I still have a hard time with the tails. Is it just a matter of getting used to looking at them? I think I would freak if I felt one on my skin, but their hair looks so soft and warm.

26. Is those cute Dumbo earses?

Our ratties like to jump into the sleeves of your bathrobe and hide.

27. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Why, Auntie Mame, whadever’R ye talkin’ ’bout??? Ah luuuuv me sum
    Meller Yeller …..

signed,
    Frum the bottom uv thu kuntree…..

28. Colonel Jenna says:

@Sunnymum, rat tails actually feel rather nice. Maybe that’s just me, but I find them pleasant, smooth and firm as they brace against your hand. A rat with an interesting mottled tail might be more pleasing to your eyes than plain pinkish.

29. (signed) Confused says:

What is Meller Yeller?

30. Mary (the first) says:

Very cute! I wonder if we can sneak it into the cats-n-racks category?? Would anyone notice or care?

31. AuntieMame says:

Yello Mello is a really foul citrus soft drink. Coke came up with it to compete with Mountain Dew, I guess. (But then, I’m not a MD fan, either…)

32. Mountain Dew is the juice of the Devil. Or something like that. Ask any dentist.

I have to say though that Witness Protection is doing a much better job at diguises. Check out the “before” pic:

33. O NO, are you really from the bottom of the country? Where at?

34. cambridge_rat_mom says:

@theresa, otherwise known as “torpedoes” in the biz! ;-)

35. Sunnymum, they’re tails are actually really cool. It’s used as a temperature regulation system for their body, they either contract or loosen the little scales to control their blood flow. Also it’s used for balance, that’s why rats can be taught to tightrope walk and climb, which is really important part of the rat’s biological makeup since in the wild they are scavengers.

36. their tails*
    Science is cool!

37. Thanks Colonel Jenna and Steph, I can now see their tails in a new light! Next step is to try holding one. Big gulp.

38. Shadowtiger says:

Tailless “manx” rats are available in limited quantities from a few breeders, but they have a rough life without the extra balance, grip, and temperature-regulation the tail provides. It is semi-prehensile and usually covered with short, soft fuzz so you barely notice the scaley part.

This dumbo cutie is blessed with both hair to play in and a shirt to dive down, which are both favorites of many ratties. My wife and I have, at the moment, one girl who is smart enough to check to see if we’re wearing two shirts (she knows if we’re only wearing one, she’s not allowed to shirt-dive ‘cuz we get all scratched up).

39. Very cute! Hurrah for pet ratties!

40. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

hi brinann (waving)
    er, that would be a BIG ten-fo-ah!!!

Born Naval Air Station/ Jax Florida; the farthest north I’ve lived as a conscious, talking human, was in Virginia, just beside the DC line (me da’ ended up workin’ 8 yrs @ the Pentagon, don’tcha know).

(Technically, there was a brief time when la famille lived up in the FROZEN aka Omaha Nebraska …but I was *allegedly* a small tyke at that time ….stories include a photo of Dad’s Carminghea (sp?), all buried except its tip-top roof line ….in a massive snowdrift beside the house. I would guess, that we survived there less than a year but I’d have to consult mi Madre to be certain about that bit)

Peace and fuzziness!!!

41. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

brinann: I wrote you a response and *sigh* it’s been temporarily squashed by the Big Green Moderashun Machine.

For now, I’ll also write an additional comment to give you the quick answer “yes” that I’m from the south. Come back later (?) or tomorrow to see the comment immediately above, k?

Peace

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

uh Auntie Mame — di-untcha mean Mello YEllo, rather than Yello MEllo???

(winky winky)
    (I’ve done very similar anti-typing things, meself…)

with affection,
    L. Thomas

43. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YAY I’m un-moderated!! Thanks (?) I’m guessin’, Sharpy? ;)

44. O NO, I think you were moderated because you said PENTAGON. Let’s try :

*thumbs nose at Big Green Machine* thbbbbtpppttttttfttt Pentagon Pentagon Pentaggg *thump crunch*

45. just guessin’… *saunters away whistling a tune*

46. O NO – I always find it fascinating to learn where other peeps are from. I’m from the southeast corner of Texas mah-self, near Houston.

I can’t imagine living in the north. I visited Metsakins & Metz a couple of Novembers ago, and I about froze my tushy off! No way could I handle an entire winter like that!

47. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

POOHBEAR:

1) Thanks for the assistance w/ thumbing and noses
    2) BWA HA AND HA atcher writing style!!!!!

48. LOL @ Pyrit! You need to stop your punniest! (((hugzzzz)))
    Love the hovertext and the teeny ratty paws- so cute!