Listen to Me when I’m Squeaking to You

Put me down at once! And bring me cheese! And explain why I sound like a bird!

Quite a handful, Philip K.

Comments

1. Bluemenro says:

I don’t normally go for rodents, but that is irresistibly cute!

2. Awww! What kind of little mousey/ratty/rodenty critter is that? Do want.

3. It is a baby degu!!! I used to have a pair. They are the smartest pocket pet!

4. I hear ya

5. More like “Bring me peanut butter!” likely. ;)

6. Actually, he sounds more like a squeaky toy.

7. Degu degu degu!

8. Degus are sweet but the babies sure can squeak! However, they smell really nice (and clean) compared to other rodents :3

9. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

So cute! He sounds a little like a squealing guinea pig.

10. 260Oakley says:

Degus the neighborhood.

11. swimmer love says:

i like the second one best! it looks like the kitty has been drinking coffee!

12. swimmer love says:

sorry, that last one i posted meant to be for “slow tuesday? break out the impressions” so…………….just forget it. :-D

13. fatgrammafinn says:

squeak toy!

14. LOL it sounds like it is squeeking Oh Oh or in Scooby doo vernacular

Roh–Roh!’
    HE needs a scooby snack stat!
    Jinxies!

15. D’aww my baby Maya used to squeak like that <3
    and Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas are actually the Degus closest relative.

16. Yeah, I could have sworn this was a baby chin, but after Googling degus, I’ve now learned that they have these cute little cousins!
    It’s like he’s saying “pika-chu!”

17. ohh that is so adooooooruhbuhllsssss!!!!! aaa!!!!

oh dearsies i just melted into a big puddle of goo.

(groaning and laughing #9!)

18. Want!

19. Viola de Lesseps says:

She sounds like a wee rubber duckie. Adorabuhls!

20. flutterbye says:

Adorable lil’ morsel!

21. I used to have a pair of degus that were brown when I got them but one of them turned completely white when she was around 2 years old.

22. Mmmm, wha’ ? Sorry, degu say something?

23. This may be the best post title ever. Considering I tend to get very very high pitched when I get upset, this is a phrase I will be using often!

Cute little squeakermeister. So squeaky, so meistery…

24. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

This lil’ un bears quite a resemblance to Prince Charles, ’round the ears, don’tcha think???? ;)

25. i did NOT just hear that. NO NO NO. Mr McSqueakersons. NO NO NO.

26. I am so glad you guys featured a degu!

27. REPLAY!
    REPLAY!
    REPLAY!

28. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Hm. I was trying to figure out why my gerbils never made that noise. That’s cuz THAT little critter isn’t a gerbil!

29. The National Zoo was hand-rearing two baby degus some years ago. I was told that they were called Bela and Lugosi for a reason. This one doesn’t seem as chomp-prone, but I wouldn’t hold a rodent for long.

30. I’m glad to see that degus support our habeas corpus rights (assuming that the degu’s squeaks were approval of the announcement that the accused terrorist couldn’t be detained without being charged).

31. HAHAHAHA, 260Oakley!

32. Zoo animals aren’t exactly habituated to humans; they’re not tamed. Pet rodents can be very nice.

33. 260Oakley, you just won the interwebs.

34. Degu see the Degu.

35. i think we need a longer video, so we can hear more of this leetle mcsqueakersons

36. Oh oh poor baby! Come to momma! *makes grabby hands wants to give long hug and kisses*

37. peachfish says:

Awww! I had a degu once as well! She loved belly rubs and ear scritches!

38. Is it saying “Let me go, Let me go?”

39. Colonel Jenna says:

More! Want more!

40. Oh squeakiness!!!!!

41. If you think THAT’S cute, you should hear the babies when you put them back with Mommy! It’s like they’re saying “Oh Mommy! It was so horrible! The big human took me out of the nest and touched me and put her mouth on me like she was gonna eat me and she smells WEIRD and mommy why didn’t you save me???”

42. BatBlaster says:

I thought degus were oh no that was some other cute creature. WHy did I confuse you for a squirrel.

43. i’m normally not a big fan of rodents, but that is so adorable!

44. Elentarien says:

Degus!!! About time we saw some here. :D The babies are so cute and I love how they ‘sing’ so easily. I’ve owned degus for the past 10+ years. But have never had the fun of having young ones. This is too cute. :D