The Strong, Silent, Ceramic Type

Y’know, ain’t nothing better in life than that one true friend. Like me and Hubie here. He don’t talk much, but he’s always here for me. Sometimes we just sit here for hours, watchin’ time go by. Got nothin’ to say, got nothin’ really needs sayin’. He knows what I’m thinkin’, an’ I know what he’s thinkin’. We’re tight like that.

Photo credit: L Church

Advertisements

Comments

1. Bow to the hypno-toad. *stares*

2. Say hello to my leezard friend! 😀

3. flutterbye says:

Leonardo Leezardo! Wonder if he’s doing push-ups on Mr. Toad’s haid?

4. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Anole what he’s talking about.

5. 260Oakley says:

Lounge Lizard here to croon your favorite oldies, including “Unfrogettable” and “Have I toad you lately that I love you”.

(Yeah, folks are gonna’ croak when they read these.)

6. Just sittin’ on the dock of the bay.

7. … Open up, Hubie. C’mon, I know you’re in there. I just wanna talk to you. Reptile to reptile. What’s your secret to longevity? Will the plastic flamingo eat me? Is the garden gnome to be trusted?

8. Queen of Dork says:

“Slow down, you move too fast,
    You got to make the morning last just…
    Kickin’ down the cobble stone,
    Looking for fun and feeling groooooooooovy.”

9. Mary (the first) says:

Hubie? I thought his name was Jeremiah.

10. earlybird1 says:

Time’s fun when you’re having flies.

11. warrior rabbit says:

Guy on top looks so… smug and superior. (Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)

12. @260Oakley, scientifically proven to produce more punnage per post.

13. @260Oakley CROAK

14. I love how anoles perpetually look grumpy. 🙂

15. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

1) INSANITY
    (no perceived or implied affront to pholks with mental systems which developed under challenging circumstances)

2) Bwa ha and also HA!!!
    awarded to Mary (the first); however vice-presidency is awarded to
    “our leeeeetle (?) frey-und”, pyrit, upon whose statement, Mary’s wunderbar punchline was based.

(oh yeah, and another vice-presidency to the rock band Three Dog Night, based upon the Best Bullfrog Song Evair.

(*Please note: The Best BullDOG Song Evair is “Hey, Bulldog, Beatles. Word.)

The end.

16. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(D’OH!!!!!)
    (Sigh of Tragic Angst)

“Help!!Help!!! I’m — YET AGAIN!!!!! — being repressed!!!”

(Sigh #700 of Tragic Angst)

😦

17. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(quick reader’s digest version:

1: I like the photo
    2: my kudos, to Mary (the first), and also other kudos,
    to other humanoids, ( in relation to her comment / suggested punchline for this picture and post ….)

*shaking fist in the air* WE are NOT fond of the Moderation Machine
    aka “The Mod Squad”!!!!!

(ps: “Good one, pyrit!!!”)

18. Take me to your leezard.

*sigh* I TOLD you not to look directly at Medusa. I don’t care HOW attractive her snake hair is…

19. 260Oakley says:

@Metz
    They made a film about Medusa, starring Samuel L. Jackson. It was called “Snakes in a Mane”.

20. 😆 😆

21. A day without Oakley is like a day without punshine !

22. I always think of anoles as tiny little dragons without wings:)

23. Hovertext makes me think of Far Side cartoon with the birds getting the pizza delivery with all kinds of bug toppings. 😉

24. @O NO

>>WE are NOT fond of the Moderation Machine

the moderation machine hasn’t changed since theo left! 😦 i keep pushing the buttons and pulling the levers the way i was trained, so it must be me 😦

WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

25. @mudbug

😆 !!

26. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Sharpy: Thanks 🙂

(Sometimes when QoD and I are emailing ea. other about some frustrating event; she’ll offer to flop down, on my couch with me — even though she lives over on the SW region and I’m in Florida !!! — and “help me pout”!!!! I find that charming!!)

27. @260Oakley, Enough is enough! I’ve had it with these furshlugginer flakes in my furshluggginer brain!

28. Nah, it nawt be you Sharpy, I’m sure of it. Just those random words and phrases and whatnot we keep tripping over that trigger those silent alarms. 😉

29. Sharpy, Have you tried giving the Moderator Machine a swift kick in the valve section and a thump in the brain-speilen.

30. Jay and Silent Frog

31. OMG these puns are killin’ me! You people are HOT today! 😆

32. wait a minnit! Thats a fake frog! Omgosh, I totally was fooled the first 2x I glanced at the post this morning. I was all like “what unusual markings you have, Mr. Frog!” Doh. Anyone else, or was it just me? o.O

33. @all

okay, i get it now. i gave the Moderator2000 a kick in the booberschnooby and it sputtered and spit out a horrible looking hairball.

i also read the instructions. i forgot to place tab A in tab 7 and the allen wrenches they included were the wrong size.

i also read the small print! that’s where i figured out that we ALL suffer under the vagaries of the Moderator2000’s will. when you get frustrated with the Moderator2000, i am frustrated along with youi! my job is to poke and jiggle and clear the chute as fast as i can.

i think it’s time to start assembling a comment FAQ. i’ll buckle down and do it as soon as summer is gone. 🙂

34. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Sharpy:

I JUST THIS MINNIT was commiseratin’ w/ a fellow humanoid here at my apts, about what a pain in the ((*(*&)(*^(*) it is, to have to make coMPUTers happy instead of THEM doing what WE WANT, goldarnit!!!!

“Whyiouightta…..” (etc.)

35. I’m still moderated hours later? I feel your pain, sharpy.

36. wannadance says:

mike, you knock me out. OUT, ah tell yew…jes’ OUT.

37. I just obtain one of these lovely creatures… I was wondering if i could have someone email me at kristinetzold@gmail.com because i need help! so much help!

38. swimmer love says: