Toe the Line, You Heel!

A-ha! We meet again, arch villain! I’ve been instep with you since you fled Paraguay, and now that I have the upper hand, you’re getting the boot!

Photo by Victoria Reay

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

Turtle tongue!

2. Ah, NTMTOM, you’re no “heel”, your caption is “laced” with “tongue” in cheek humor, which was clearly written with all of your heart and “sole.”

3. skippymom says:

I am now going to polish you off! (lame, really lame)

4. BWAHAHAHAHA!

This reminds me of the “Far Side” cartoon with the guy in the lab coat on the tiny island with the duck. “So, Professor Jenkins, my old nemesis! We meet again…but this time, the advantage is mine!”

5. Brooklnfemale says:

Well, it’s either an arrest or trying for a pick-up. I’ve seen some other turtle “media” on YouTube that’s… questionable… on the point of turtles’ motives in dealing with human footwear…

6. ….um…….fine Corinthian leather….. dang. I got nothin’.

7. Methinks NOMTOM has been hitting the spiked punch again. :lol:
    Was this from Shakespear’s unpublished The Tasting of The Shoe?

8. 260Oakley says:

Gumshoe detective pumps his sole witness, a worthless loafer, for information.

9. What a marvelous prehistoric ancient wise face! And the tongue!!!

10. I like how his leetle turtle leeps are green.

11. fatgrammafinn says:

tortoiseseses have sharp beaks, you may have to call a toe truck

12. Side eye!

13. Brilliant as always, Oakley! :lol:

14. Mc Chelonia replaces McGruff the Crime Dog as National Crime Prevention mascot and shows how she takes a bite out of crime

15. earlybird1 says:

Oakley strikes again! Brilliant! :)

16. cambridge_rat_mom says:

Kliban always said, “Never eat anything bigger than your head.

17. 260Oakley says:

I think the turtle’s name is Jimmy Chew.

18. He is Shoeing him who is boss!

(I know totally lame)

19. kibblenibble says:

260 O: NICE! :lol:

20. Viola DeLesseps says:

Sole-long, sucker! Mwa-ha-ha!

21. Is this THE Turtle Gunn?!?! He’s trying to tell the guy…”No, black shoes do NOT go with brown socks!” :-0

22. AuntieMame says:

Bwahahaha!

I saw the title and I knew 260O would be having a field day, shoe ‘nuf!

23. @260Oakley, NTMTOM, I concede defeet. :P

24. I imagine this short little guy needs a lift after a long walk on the flats, and may have to take the elevator up to the platform in order to get his sling back.

25. knittinkitten says:

Too cute!

26. So are we getting 260oakley/NTMTOM-captioned calendar? If so which year, 2011?

27. AuntieMame says:

Whoah, Lars… I think 260Oakley has some competish…

28. ouch!

29. Ñam ñam ñam

30. ”Hold on your not Marcia. Now to whom or what, am I giving a love bite”.

31. Emmberrann says:

Shoe, Mr. Tortie-pants, shoe! Move along, shake a leg, nothin’ to see here…..

32. Emmberrann says:

@NTMTOM and 260O: I gots nuthin’

33. @skippymom and @260oakley – hahaha, too funny!!

34. bookmonstercats says:

The standard of punning is increasing daily.

35. Hmmmm….this shoe needs more Turtle Wax.

36. Ah haaa! Jimmy Chew! I actually said it aloud.

And, yes, a NTMTOM/260Oakley comment-laden calendar would be A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

37. 260Oakley says:

@Metz
    Excellent Bard punnage. I was thinking this could also be a scene from Shoe Gentlemen of Verona.

38. That tongue is adorable.

39. and THIS little piggie went for a ride around the enclosure on the back of my shell

40. One of my cat-sitting clients also has a tortoise who always goes for my feet. Bad news in the summer when I’m wearing sandals, and she can move surprisingly fast.

41. Why does the title of this post remind me of Dug from Up when he says “STOP, you dogs!!” except in the form of mr. tortoise nomming on the shoe ^_^

42. Colonel Jenna says:

I find the terrapin’s expression to be contemplative, meditative, as if his inward-looking eyes have no idea what his chomper is about to chomp.

43. @BB/VA

>>Hmmmm….this shoe needs more Turtle Wax.

i give it a 10!

44. *applause* to all punsters! :lol:

45. He’s a SOLE MAN ♪♫♪

46. nom nom nom tast like chiken.he he he :]

47. dogsleder says:

This eggplant is as tough as shoe leather!!

48. Tiptoe through the turtle? At least he hopes so!

49. 260Oakley is awesome as usual, but my props go to Nikki too!

50. Tired of trying to make his kitten heel, turtle decides to trainer to do flip flops.

51. swimmer love says: