Beaver Fever?

After one advertisement’s simple phonetic error, thousands of disappointed ‘tweens suddenly realized they would not experience “Bieber Fever”.

Make that baby beaver fever, Amber.

Comments

1. I think I’d rather have this beaver than the bieber. Seriously looks like something from stieff or gund!

Oh, and let’s keep it pg-13 folks.

2. yeah, the beaver is the cute. Can’t say the same for the bieber though

3. Its tail! I want to rub it!!

4. curious creature says:

yay! i’m so glad the baby beaver got posted :D

5. da ears! da nose! da eyes! da claws on da thumb!
    ker-plunk! (falls over from te qte)

6. Colonel Jenna says:

It looks *exactly* like the world’s cutest toy beaver! How precious! It make my head hurt! I must stare at this picture for hours.

7. Copperbat says:

cool beaver gnaws what you like, but just doesn’t give a dam

8. tabbimama says:

The same haircut?!? How dare you insult this adorable critter!

9. I love beavers. I’ve touched a live one at an interactive exhibit – they are really soft even though I’ve always thought they looked like they could be bristly. I’ve also been in a small row boat when an angry beaver decided to THWAK his tail around in a show of aggression when our boat got too close to the den. We got splashed. It was cool. Beaver dams are incredible works of engineering

10. Oh, that precious tail-i, tail-i, tail-i-oooo! It looks like suede!

11. I loves his ekspresshon! Leetle claws, too. (Tryin’ to learn the lingo here…)

12. beaver (especially baybeh!) trumps bieber any day of the week pour moi!

look at the tail! look at the feets!! the slight hint of disapproval! eep!

13. beep! on the nosicle!

14. knittinkitten says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s a bebbeh beaver! OMG, CO you may have out done yourself this time! The leetle ears, the leetle nose, the leetle pawses! *thunk* (Sorry, fell over from the cuteness!)

Honestly, I squealed out loud at the cuteness! Can I have him? I’ll name him Truffles!

15. TrixandSam says:

@Copperbat: excellent punnage! Setting the bar high from the start. That’s what we like around here… pun-offs.

16. O NO He/She/IT DI-unt!!!! says:

1) I agree with let’s keep the scenario @ G or PG
    2) and just LOOKIT that BEEPable nose, won’tcha???

My dad came back from some RnR in Australia once; brought me back a (fauxfur, “no worries” koalabear stuffietoy) ….and he had a rubber nose looked
    XACTLY like the model of nose attached to this heah Beavah!!!!

17. Falls into the “so ugly it’s cute” category.

18. Carey Ann, you’re doing an excellent job with the lingo. Just be careful, though. Once you get used to it you may find yourself using it in other places where it doesn’t belong…like, oh, I dunno, a business email. Thank goodness for automatic correction! My Outlook changes “teh” to “the.”

19. What I wanna know is does his tailio feel like velvet, or is it fleshy like a rat’s tailio?

20. WHO’s disappointed? NOT ME. :P

21. PS: BEEP!!!

22. BenPanced says:

23. that is such a cute beaver but it looks like a stuft animal. i love its litle ears there so cuteand it tail it looks like it could be soft like skin.

24. The head-to-body ration is outRAAAAAAgeous! (singsong)

Is it … *gasp* … sitting on its own tail??? *faints*

25. And, if I may be so bold, those ears are bleepin’ golden.

Forgive me. I’m from Illinois.

26. I’ve got a fever, and the only cure, is more beaver!

27. fatgrammafinn says:

and do i detect a slight case of disapproval on its smooooooshable face?

its been a grand week around CO… beavers and marmots and hyrax(es) o my!

28. Look at the splayage on the front legses!! One is right here and the other one is waaay over there!!

29. kibblenibble says:

*gently noms teensy fuzzy round ear nub*

30. O NO He/She/IT DI-unt!!!! says:

Hi kibblenibble!! (*waves*)

Been tap-dancin’, yet, today ?
    (silly grin)

31. Hey Beav, where’s Wally?

32. fish eye no miko says:

Kar: “Oh, and let’s keep it pg-13 folks.”

D’OH!
    [throws out list of jokes]

He’s so cute! I want to gently rub my cheek against his back! Is that weird…? Cuz it sounds kind weird, but I’m posting it anyway.

33. kibblenibble says:

O NO: Not yet, but there’s still some daylight left! :-)

34. Bookmonstercats says:

I have a very severe fever and require a cool beaver holding against my over-heated brow.

35. leaves of cat grass says:

(insert The Naked Gun line here…)

36. annoyinglittletwerp says:

And, if I may be so bold, those ears are bleepin’ golden.

Forgive me. I’m from Illinois.

LoL! So am I-unfortunately.
    Do beavers purr when you snorrgle them?
    *gently swipes the little baby to find out*

37. I second the disapproval. But this lil guy only rates a 1 or 2 on the disapproval scale; he just has a case of the morning grumps.

38. 260Oakley says:

I can’t come up with a beaver pun, dam it!

39. Fleurdamour says:

I love its Tailio Iglesias.

40. fish eye no miko says:

@ 260Oakley: I see what you did there…

41. janet2buns says:

He’s the cutest, cuddliest form of giardia I’ve ever seen!

42. fatgrammafinn says:

for a little light summer reading, i recommend a book by Kildare Dobbs, illustrated by Ronald Searle ( of St. Trinian’s fame), that was put out by the Hudson’s Bay Company on the occasion of its’ 300th anniversary (1670-1970)- the illustrations are tres’ squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

43. Yay for Leslie Nielsen and giardia refs!
    A beaver’s tail feels like warm dry skin/clean patterned leather.
    I haven’t heard a beaver kit purr [insert non-PG eyebrow here], but their cousin muskrats do.

44. I so want to pet..errr, no. I so want to feel…errr, no. Never mind.

45. Taaaaaaaail! And tiny little ears! Awwww.

46. Beaveeeerrr in the morning.. beaver all through the night.

47. pushy mcshove says:

i’m a beaver believer. and i don’t give a dam who knows it.

48. Funny enough, in German that would be “Bieber Fieber” :D

49. and to think they used to make them into top hats!

50. bookmonstercats says:

CJ – earworm!

51. dub1 – Thanks for the clarification on the tailio!

SJ – Why? WHY would you do that to me? What did I ever do to you? I can’t even tell you how DED I am after seeing all teh babeh beebers. Cuz I’m dead, ya know, and um, dead people don’t talk. Right?

::digs in cabinet for zombie repellant::
    ::reads instructions for self-administration and preventative care::

52. filmsatyr says:

Niiiiice Beaver!

53. Hours later my comment is still in moderation…Was it cuz I said the “z” word? :shock:

54. Great, thanks. Now I have “Beaver Fever” from “The Angry Beavers” running laps in my cranium.

That cartoon was, in my not-so-humble and extremely biased opinion, one of the greatest.

55. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Loved the Angry Beavers. Gotta look up the vids now.

56. awwwh! how cutee(:

57. Daphne Moss says:

Oregon State University Beavers fan must point out that this baby beaver is being held by someone named Emerald… a name linked to arch-rival University of Oregon, home of “The Daily Emerald” student newspaper…
    But Emerald clearly knows how to be nice to a baby beaver …

Go, Beavs!

58. The beaver is cuter.

59. Oddly enough, there really IS such a thing as beaver fever; here in the mountains of VA the rivers can become “poisoned” by beaver urine and if you choose to take a drink you can become infected…

BWAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

60. OMG…my head….it just exploded from teh cuteness.
    *goes to pick up the pieces.*