THIS JUST IN: Streeeeeeeeeeeeetch

Limber up, People:

“Lookforthewoman” sent this in with a ‘Toes!’ exclamation.

Comments

1. the yoga cat ^_^

2. I just came from my Yoga class and this kitteh put me to shayme!

3. I saw this video this morning! I love it. The first bit of stretching reminds me of a gymnast on uneven bars :P. (a la http://images2.sina.com/english/sports/2008/0814/U138P200T1D178776F10DT20080814222436.jpg)

4. Minus the second parenthesis…. So that the link actually works!

5. Very few hoomans can assume that position, and it usually takes years of training.

6. knittinkitten says:

I love the look of complete contentment on kitteh’s face! You’re adorables leetle yoga kitteh!

7. DaChickenLady says:

Yet more proof of cat’s superiority over human.

8. I guess we shouldn’t ask yogakitteh to do Downward Dog?

9. Love the sidelong look he gives the camera before closing his eyes!

10. so peaceful….namaste

11. Feel the burn, I don’t think so, this is simple.

12. This has to hit, or even break, at least 3 rules of cuteness. Just sayin’.

13. bookmonstercats says:

I am amazed at the way kitteh’s tailio curves around his/her face as well

14. Olga Korbut would be impressed!

15. S.J. Hartsfield says:

I love that the kitten’s mental process seems to be, “Welp, I better streeeeeeeeetch and get up and do someth- … Well, no, I think I’ll just go back to sleep. I am a cat, after all.”

16. harmlesslittleflea (Clare) says:

Know what’s even better than furry toebeans coming atcha?

Hi-definition fullscreen toebeans coming atcha. :D

17. Oh my gracious, those toes are adorabobbles!

18. A new variety of the Scottish fold?

19. Momof12cats says:

Kitteh gots no bones!

20. Feets!

21. georgina0912 says:

Kittie is a Yogi. Amazing!

22. Wow, how did they manage to get that video?! One of my cats regularly does something like this, but (much like ailments disappearing as soon as you get to the doc’s office) he would immediately stop if there was even a hint of a camera nearby. “Ye shall not profit form my Qte,” says he.

23. This makes me want to start doing yoga… and possibly wear really dark eyeliner…

24. I have been around kittehs my entire life and have never seen one do this before. *claps* Well done, yogacat!

25. Padfoot_Lives says:

That is a really pretty cat; as kodalai has already noted, the eyeliner is to die for!

26. *sigh*
    Alright Cute Overlords, I thought we discussed this before.
    HOW the heck am I supposed to be able to do ANY work today if you’re going to be
    providing extra incentive to curl around this extremely cute-n-sleepy kitten and do some major honk-shuing myself? Hmmm?
    *mock grumble grumble*

27. Ah toebeans!! It’s a darned good thing this wasn’t a 3D video, or my head would have exploded for sure.

28. So Sweet!

Being that feet are an indicator, this baby is going to be huge!

29. brinnann says:

We did this in yoga class last night…and I failed miserably! I can do lots of stretches, but that’s one that my body refuses to accomplish.

30. Surrealle says:

Wow, like Formica, I’ve never seen a pose like that before.. Very impressive, lol. My back is crackin’ just thinking about it.

31. Which rule of cuteness is “tucks tail in so far it hits the nosey?”

32. Reminds me of ballet class, when we did our floor stretches – pointed toes and all!
    Soooooo sleepy.

33. At 0:20 those toesies are like foot puppets!

Oh for crying out loud, how anorable would it be to put outfits on them, scarves and stuff… :D

34. Sally OMalley says:

I’m 50! I can kick, streeeetch, and kick! 50 years old.

35. There once was a kitty who ate seafood so well
    It curled like a hermit crab without a shell.
    It grew two big pincers in front of its head
    And pretended to sleep in an oysterbed.
    One day it awoke in a tangled muss
    From dreaming of being an octopuss.

36. omg what adorable flopulence! awww, happy kitty. so cute.

37. Beth covered in cat hair says:

pyrit…I love that! He is quite tangled =)

How can a cat possible be comfortable in that position? I tell ya…they have nothing like pesky bones to get in the way, but plenty of attitude!

kodali…the eyeliner part just keeled me =) Because it has eyeliner it is prolly a boy to boot (seems to work out that way).

38. Thanxsh, Beth covered in cat hair!
    (I’m also an advocate for black eyeliner. LOTS of eet!)

39. I keep rewatching this video and squee-ing at the toe-straytch part…

Ok, one more time. SQUEEEEEEEE!

40. CathyDee says:

Reminds me of The Boneless Chicken Ranch from “The Far Side.”

41. WOW.

42. AuntieMame says:

This just proves the hypothesis that kittehs aren’t solid matter, they’re just gas. So they can assume any shape, form, or position.

It also explains why you can share a California king-sized bed with a 70 lb. Golden Retriever but not with a 7 lb. cat.

43. PS: W O W.

44. PPS: I have a cat who is considerably heftier and more rotund than this little sprite, but he can fold himself in half the same way. He does it when I’m practicing yoga, too, just to irritate me. :P

45. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

@ Theresa: I shall alert Q to the posting of a Yogacat entry on CO before she begins her commute homeward, from CubicleLand ….

46. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

PS HI Pyrit (if you’re still online…)

47. I *love* his exceptional “ignoring” skillz! :D

48. i would like to restate what the sender-in-er so eloquently stated: TOES!

49. flutterbye says:

CathyDee, oh, how I miss “The Far Side” and that sense of humor!

50. Welshcake says:

*puts on 3D glasses*

*attempts to grab outstretched feets*

*pouts*

51. a little heavy on the eyeliner, eh? it’s a good look.

52. I felt more relaxed just watching him. Mmmm.

53. I’m really confused about which end is which now. I’ll have to scritch both ends now just to be sure.

54. Oh the life of a house kitty.. It would be nice to sleep all day and to stretchykins whenever.. no worries about where your next meal is coming from or getting your TPS reports right.. or coming in on a Saturday.. must be nice… *sigh*

55. okay, I just signed up for a yoga class, and am looking at this kitteh for instruction, but as my sensitive eyes don’t allow me to wear eyeliner/mascara, and I don’t have a taillio to wrap around my face, I fear I’m going to fail magnificently.

56. Awww, my dear departed Steve used to do that! Some kittehs have spines made of Jell-O.

57. paulajeanne says:

Sigh. I used to be able to almost do that. Emphasis on USED.

58. THe toe stretch.. the new kittyfold toe stretch yoga exercise… I am so overwhelmed with teh adorableness I may not be able to continue working today

59. BStrange says:

Skuh-WEEEEEE!

The foot straych reminds me of a slow-mo shot of a chameleon catching dinner with its tongue. In a very, very, very cute way, of course.

Also: nosetail! Ahhhh… *melts into puddle*

60. Catsquatch says:

OMG!

Some cruel monster folded that kitteh in HAF !!!!!

Seriously though, I actually laughed when he stretched.
    And the look when the camera pans to the left is totally like
    “look dude, Im tryin ta sleep here, and if ya dont get that camera outta my face, Im gonna FEED it to ya!”

61. Streeeeeeeetch

Looks at camera in a “get that thing out of my face!” kind of way.

Falls asleep.

This kitteh has his routine down, people! Down I say!

62. Wow! I’ve never seen a kitty do that before! Luv it!

63. Queen of Dork says:

Hahahaha! That was so funny! I’ve never seen a cat do that, either. My daughter and I just watched it and she said, “awwwwwww! All the back parts are in the front of him!”

64. So sweet! What I would give to be that flexible…

65. I hear this kitteh will be featured in the next Cirque de Soleil show ;-)

66. :lol: That little kitty did his/her yoga exercise before going to bed :lol:

67. How is thees possibull?

68. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets!

69. Aaaaaaaw! His wittle toesies aw SWO cute! Whos a wittle angel? Woo aw! Woo aw!

I must not make any sense LOL XD

70. OMG- will he teach me to do that????

71. Dos wittle toesies KEEL meh! Aaaaaaw dey swo cute!!! Hes a wittle yoga kitteh ^_^

72. Noelle (the first) says:

I think he’s warming up for the next dance number. After all he is watching Caberet! (can hear the movie in the background) Wilkomen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

73. Hey! I sent this to you guys too and I am the person who owns this kitteh!
    Ahh… well.. maybe next time.

74. ha ha, what a cutie!

75. @Diana – sorry you didn’t get the credit but you are soooooooo lucky to live with this charmer! Is it a boy or girl? Name, please????

76. reminds me of my baby kitten years ago……

77. that so cute, little yoga kitty! (=^.^=)

78. @Fern her name is Ukiyo! She has 2 siblings named Muzzy and Snarf… more videos to come soon! After I figure out how to edit some videos!

79. I watched this about 10 trillion times now. Diana, how do you ever get anything done?
    Such a lovely lovely kitty…