March of the Penguins

Young Magellanic penguins, these days – no respect for their surroundings.

Like adorably awkward steamrollers, Anthony B.

Comments

1. They probably stay out all night, smokin’ seaweed and disrespectin’ their parents. Slackers.

–bossgripes.com

2. Awwwwww, I wouldn’t mind being knocked over by these little guys.

Cute, fuzzy steamrollers!

3. knittinkitten says:

They’re all so cut in their leetle tuxedos!

“Excuse us Sir! We’re late for dinner!’ *flapping of penguins’ feet as they hurry”

Soo cute! Wish I could go to the penguin walk!

4. paulajeanne says:

They look like they’re on a tour of the place!

5. Hon Glad says:

OK where’s the iceberg, it must be round here someplace.

6. LOL okay that just totally cracked me up and now.. I wish I was a memeber of the San Francisco Zoo.. best moment in film is the people giggling in the background as the camera goes over Heheheheh

7. *doop doop doop* ‘scuse me *push over camera*

8. fireflyez says:

just love the whole lookin’ around, unawares of their surroundings… “doop de doo.. this place looks ooookkaaaayyyy..” *crash*

9. Colonel Jenna says:

I could watch this over and over and…oh, wait, I just did. Back to watch the video some more.

10. The sound of their feet! Icing on the cake!

11. And the armbands are forrrrrrrrrrrr????

12. i love the way they walk!

13. Penguins walk like they’re running in slow motion with their arms wide out… lol

14. flutterbye says:

Oh my… da feets, da winglets, da wiggle! Do they watch where they’re going at all? They seem most intent on seeing what’s on the countertops or something higher… mebbe that’s where the fud is usually kept!

15. Hey PJ the armbands are numbered so they know which penguin is which. How old they are if they are girls or boys and other important penguin info :>) I will teach them to walk around the camera I want them!!!!!!!

16. are they in someone’s home or office? They would totally brighten up my workday!

17. Awwww, they’re “practicing!”

“Our three young male Magellanic Penguin chicks getting a little practice before their big day on Tuesday, August 10th when they’ll make their way down to Penguin Island and join our other 41 adult Penguins.”

Penguin island? Next vaca destination for sure!

18. georgina0912 says:

The armbands are to make their biceps look bigger…No??????

HA…i love to see those little guys walking, them and ducks and geese. I love to see waddling animals.

19. @PJ

>>And the armbands are forrrrrrrrrrrr????

science!

20. Martha in Washington says:

Maybe the armbands hold their iPods.

Also love the gigglingks at the end.

21. Rachael J. says:

Soooo cute!!! When the Academy of Sciences opened, we had penguin foot prints lining the sidewalks leading to the building :)

Penguins are awesome!!

22. One of the highlights of working for the SF Zoo was getting to “socialize” these little fuzzy nubbins before they left the nursery for “Penguin Island.” We basically got to pet them for an hour or so and take pictures. One of them tried to eat my camera!! :) Then we took all the Zoo Campers to watch the march – I was a ZC intern at the time – and a couple of them got on the news!

23. Fleurdamour says:

The best part is that there are penguins walking around in an office.

24. @armbands questions – Yes, they identify the penguins. The colored band has a number on it which corresponds to a name, and which arm it’s on signifies its gender. Boys on the left, girls on the right – because girls are always right ;)

25. Fleurdamour says:

PS – They look like the visiting sales team from the Antarctica region.

26. This video needs the music that was used in the Simpsons episode of “Itchy and Scratchy and Marge”, where Maggie hits Homer on the head with the hammer. I think it was an homage to a Hitchcock movie, but it would be perfect.

27. Flopsy the Penguin from the “Center for Dubious Science” (http://cuteoverload.com/2010/06/14/science-develops-boneless-penguin/) is the black-banded Penguin that is on the right for most of the video.

Thanks for linking!

28. Excuse me, coming through, excuse me…make way..

29. One Eyed Daruma says:

I’m certain that it’s really the penguins who are giggling at the end.

30. Hey Lizzy don’t remember that left armband is for boys and right is for girls but it does explain why the camera was knocked over all the penguins were boys, and they are known to need more training :>)

31. Here we come a-waddling among the leaves so green…

32. I turned the volume way up to hear the flippy flip of their feet, leaned in to get a closer look, and got quite a shock when the camera got hit. I actually flung my head back as to avoid the hit! wow!

33. 260Oakley says:

Sean Penguin goes ballistic on yet another cameraman.

34. here we go again, all dressed up and no place to go except try the hurdles-there!!

35. Aaaaaaaaw, dey swo cute! Did you see near the end they stomped on the camera? SWO CUTE XD!!!!