That Awkward First Kiss

“Oh, nice going, Rupert! We got our trunks tangled together. Now my mom is gonna have to come out here and untie us. I could just die of shame!”

Photo: Tambako the Jaguar

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

No tusks!

2. They even LOOK awkward–check out the eyeroll!

3. Hon Glad says:

Mais non, I don’t French kiss on the first date.

4. Elephants in the morning! I love it!

5. All that is missing is the little monkey to dance the Meringue on their trunks!

I don’t know it the link will work from work but Carol Burnett Show outtakes – Tim Conway’s … if not just look it up on YouTube it’s worth it!

6. TrixandSam says:

“Here Gertrude, let me get that bit of lettuce off your lip…”
    “Hurry up George, people are starting to stare!”

7. flutterbye says:

Awww… da twunkz, da leeps, da wrinkularity…I luff ‘phants!

8. Here’s hoping they don’t catch tubaculosis.

9. Ah the age old question: where do the noses go? Keep working on it, kids!

10. 260Oakley says:

Trunkated search fail

11. baileysgrandmom says:

Merengue = Latin dance. Meringue = egg whites, etc. Eef the monkee dances the meringue, he might get sticky white stuff on he leetle feets…
    260O wins the interwebs, again!

12. Venerable Bead says:

@Gigi – thanks for the giggle…or should I say “SNORKFF” (one of my favorite clips from that show!)

13. At least their braces didn’t lock…

14. cambridge_rat_mom says:

Probably two female (no tushes/tusks) Asian (small ears) elephants in a dominance-play interaction. Whoever gets their head high or trunk higher, wins. But it can be an ongoing activity depending on how much or who backs off. Sound familiar?

15. OMG is that Jenny over there? Great! She’s the biggest gossip! Now the whole school is gonna know. I am SOOOO embarrassed!

16. This makes me think of Dr Seuss. I bet he’d get a kick out of this.

17. “C’mon baby! Let’s doooo the twist!”

They haven’t even grown into their wrinkles yet! Let alone puckers! Or pick up lines.

18. @BB/VA, I was just thinking “braces lock” myself. I would read those books about the prehistoric Irish Elk with their giant antlers getting entangled, and them falling into the bogs and being found like that a gazillion years later. SO I didn’t kiss anyone for years. :P

19. Did anyone else think of the Mama’s Family sketch from the Carol Burnett Show while looking at this photo? Tim Conway and the Siamese Elephants. Hilarious!

20. hnorkie!!!

Tim Conway was hilarious but Vicki Lawrence RULED that sketch!!

21. @Theresa – I had braces but my bf didn’t – no worries there! OTOH, kissing wasn’t all that comfortable with all that wire in the way…

22. Probably two female (no tushes/tusks) Asian (small ears) elephants in a dominance-play interaction

Yeah. Dominance-play interaction. Sure. Like all the dominance-play interaction you see in the dorms of Bryn Mawr. I’m sure that other than wanting to get their social hierarchy sorted out, these two elephant ladies are 100% heterosexual — no pachyderm lesbians in that picture!

I kid, I kid. For all I know, cambridge rat mom’s right. (Then again, for all I know, maybe not!)

23. @JME, you mean they’re GUG? :mrgreen:

24. Is nobody but me impressed that a jaguar took this photo?! I mean, wow!

25. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Beppers: I agree, it is remarkable that a jaguar photographed this. Normally, jaguars prefer oil painting, favoring a postmodern cubist/impressionist fusion approach. A little too abstract for my tastes, though; I recall a controversial jaguar exhibition at the Guggenheim in which several pieces hung upside down for weeks before the curators noticed.

Now tigers, on the other hand — those guys are the real shutterbugs. I’m talking serious technical expertise coupled with a flawless eye for composition. One look at a tiger landscape triptych, and I’m all like, “Ansel who?
    ;)

26. StormCat says:

OMG, I have watched that clip of the Carol Burnett show for YEARS!! Every time I see it, I die laughing when Miss Vicki says “Is the little SOB done”? And that’s when Dick van Dyke and Tim both fall off the end of the couch onto the floor… Oh for the love of pete I love that one!!!!

My other fav though is when Tim is acting as a painting and Carol comes out with the trench coat… She flashes him and Tim loses it!!!! A rare clip indeed!!

27. swimmer love says:

wow. i…………um……..that is very…………………………………interesting?