Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Rub-a-dub-dub
Two pugs in a tub
And how do you think they be?
Walleyed, snorfing,
Barking and rorfing
We won’t let them out ’til they’re clean.

Where are the towels, Jennie M.?

Comments

1. Awwwww, the big one is looking so accusing and stern, and the little one is all walleyed!

2. Wonder what the little pup is looking at.

3. I just laughed so hard, I woke up my dad!!!!!!!!

4. Hey, over here, buddy!

5. brinnann says:

Toehawk, I think he’s wondering the same thing himself.

6. Go not to the elves for cute poweems, for they will say both Meg and pug.

7. “Rorfing”??

8. At first I thought big pug had a bobble hairstyle, then realised it was his/hers cute doggy booty!

9. The adult one is wondering why his human parents got him a “mini-me”.

10. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

The pugs ask in unison, Why, Why Why?!?!

Little pug looks totally disheartened. Big pug not far behind.

11. That ‘lil bug eyed pup is pit-i-ful!

12. skippymom says:

Emma, yes, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out that I was looking at his back and tail, and not a huge dome-head with a funny topknot!

13. domanato says:

awww they look so sad :(

14. Portly pug purposefully ponders poems perspective perspicaciously.

15. Meg or Elves, you know that is virtually the same thing Right?
    Hehehehe!

16. “You must be Igor.”
    “No, it’s pronounced ‘eye-gore’.”

17. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

I’m very glad to know that teh Ed’s considered and used “Sad or cute” Tag.

18. At first, I thought that next-to-last line said “Barfing and rolling”, which would maybe have explained why the pugs are in the tub.

19. kibblenibble says:

Hmmmm, what rhymes with snorfing? Why, rorfing, of course! :-)

The tightly curled tail perching precariously atop the larger pug is keeling me! :-)

20. Lerrinus says:

Pug and puglet! :-)

21. Time for a prosh, googly-eyed category. A la Cookie Monster.

22. Was I the only one who sat there for a couple of minutes wondering why those photos wouldn’t finish loading?

23. Puglet with the crazy eyes shall haunt me for days to come.

24. Camera zooms in on unsuspecting Metz as she brushes her teeth at the bathroom sink. She cannot wait to sink into that tub full of bubbles and soak the labors of her day away. She pauses as she’s rinsing, was that a noise from the tub just now? She looks at the gently swaying water but seeing nothing, she shrugs and turns back to the sink. Ominous music begins in the background, “Rorf-rorf, Rorf-rorf, Rorf-rorf,Rorf-rorf…” Oblivious to her impending doom, Metz gargles & bends over to spit, missing the sight of two curled tails breaking the surface in the sea of bubbles. Her squees echo throughout the powder room as they strike. Later, you see the grizzled old bathroom attendant surveying the scene. “She never stood a chance, this was clearly an attack by a pair of especially fierce, Wee Reproachful Pugs.” fade to black with menancing Rorf-rorf, Rorf-rorf, Rorf-rorf, Rorf-rorf…

Coming soon to a theater near you, PUGS! Don’t go into the tub!

25. “Dude…..we just can’t hang together. See what happens?” too sweet!!!

26. What you see when you look up the meaning of “existential crisis”

27. @Mabi: lol at Marty Feldpug ref.

28. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

oops wait that was supposed to be a WINKY guy, not a frowny guy…I DI-UNT press the “submit” button ….ok now I do want a frowny guy :(

29. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

ok now lemme try this whole bit again.

@ 2600: (“INCOMING…put on your Silly Protection Gear”!!!!)

Surely, “deer” (*snerk*). I have the entire Original Martha
    Stewart Collection of Polka-Dot Hairbows, and I just “gnu” that
    that choice, would be the (*snerk*) “cat’s meow” for ewe!!!!

Signed,
    Recklessly Silly!!!

30. puddlepeppers says:

I will certain be coming to a theater near me.

31. This photo is adorable! >^.^<

32. @dub1: 10 points!

33. Mary (the first) says:

@Metz, LOL!! I totally pictured the whole thing in my head! (You DO look like sort of like a red haired Bea Arthur, with chenille robe? yes?)

34. Yay Meg pome! We miss us some Meg.

35. Viola DeLesseps says:

The little one looks like Peter Lorre’s handsome brother.

36. Poor babies. They’re going for that pathetic look in order to get some towel cuddling.

37. A Pug in tub
    Not enthused
    feeling used
    ego bruised

38. Andi in NC says:

Love the little puggies!!

BTW – all this rhyming makes me long for Haiku Fridays – whatever happened to that???

39. Katiedid says:

Every time I see a pug with eyes in opposite directions this pops in my mind:
    “Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?”
    “Abby someone”
    “Abby someone. Abby who?”
    “Abby Normal!”

40. @Mary (shifty eyes) Um, yeah…I’ll go with that look. ;-)
    Just got to thinking, maybe I should’ve titled it PUGS 2, since there are two of them, this might be one of the times the sequel is better than the 1st. :-D

41. CathyDee says:

@Katiedid: What hump?

42. “What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don’t you get out of there and give someone else a chance?”

43. flutterbye says:

Damn your eyes! Too late!

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right…here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

44. Awww. I miss my sweet black little Baby Pug, makes my heart hurt. RIP Baby Pug 04/24/1999 – 08/24/2009.

45. Pugs – better in pairs.

46. @ Shannomo – I also miss my black puggie, she was about the same age. Pugs rule!!!

47. the pup pug looks like Zach Anner

48. I have to keep coming back and looking at this photo! I just love the wonkey eyes on the little pup. My pug doesn’t have the wonkey eyes too bad but my little puggle sure does!

49. LOVE this! We shared it in our weekly Best of the Web roundup on Petside.

50. I dont think they like but they seem more mellow then my dog when hes in there

51. swimmer love says: