He Glistens with Condescension

Perhaps you don’t know better, but does this look like a face that would tolerate your plebeian hot dog rolls?

Bring the aquatic veg and grains, stat, Merlene A. Photo by Netti Anker

Comments

1. I’ll take this rubber ducky any day!

2. He’s definitely the one.

3. Those eyes… WoW! They melt my heart

4. SQEEEE :D

5. AuntieMame says:

He’s smilingk. :)

6. Mwak?

7. gosh that is the cutest little duckie smile!! squee!

8. awww what a sweetie!! I wish I could see his cute footsies paddling under water!!

9. I wouldn’t dare throw such a superb specimen, anything less than Cobs finest freshest, just sliced, multigrain.

10. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!!! says:

so now we have to worry about not only Bun Disapproval but ALSO
    DUCK DISAPPROVAL ???

Jiminy, we shur are well-trained homo sapiens, aren’t we????

11. Although it’s true I love this little dude, am I the only one whose wondering why his bill’s blue?

–bossgripes.com

12. chanpon says:

Hmm…so does this cutie ever really have a bad hair day? How would you tell even in high humidity? The fuzz, it kills me.

13. duckskaproval

wak

14. Ali-baba says:

PJ & LB: Lol! :-)

Sunny days, sweeping the clouds awaaay! I’m on my way to where the air is sweet!

15. This blog has gone to the birds.

16. 260Oakley says:

Ducklings can be such downers. This little guy thinks you need a good paddling.
    Thank you sir, may I have another?

17. metsakins says:

*goes off to get whatever sir ducky wants*

18. That face!!!! Oh heart is melting.

To the Big Gripe—there are blue bill ducks. I am thinking this is a male???

19. kibblenibble says:

Sweetest duckie facial exprayshon evar! *melts*

20. We call those ‘ bright eyes ‘ round here. The household canine gives them to us and we fall over ded.

21. duck mochi

22. flutterbye says:

Deweh babeh duckeh … cutest thing EVAR!

Mah haid just ‘sploded in rainbow-colored, tiny, shineh confetteh !!

23. Honestly I don’t get much of a conduckcension vibe off this fluff-bit. To me, that face says “Hi ho, I’m a duck, oh boy!” :)
    Followed by a series of doot-de-doos and dum-te-tums.
    Possibly also a quack or two.

24. Theo!!! howdy there!

[Hi diddly ho, neighbor. - Ed.]

25. The Russian Cultural Attache’s black bread is particularly sought after by the more discerning duck, while the head of MI9’s soggy Hovis with marmite is relished by the connoisseurs.

And there you have it!

(and a tip o’ the hat to Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett for setting us straight on duck dining!)

26. He might be a ruddy duckling (Oxyura jamaicensis). Thanks, and please pass the pondweed.

27. Alice Shortcake says:

Oooooh, I want to pinch his little cheeks!

28. this pic is so so so cute

29. Anyone else notice that the dark line over his eye + the mark at the corner of his beak + the bit of the opposite eye-stripe, + the beat itself = a big curved instructional arrow like you see on some things with rotating handles and dials?

It’s like he’s labeled “To go duck-butts-up and dabble underwater, rotate like so”. Squee. :D

30. ahem. Beat was supposed to be beak. Though I’m sure his little feetses are keeping a respectable rhythm, and all.

31. bookmonstercats says:

Hello, Theo *wavingks*. I hope all the training is going well.

This is the prettiest duckie. I want one of these for my bath. i used to have a yellow rubber duckie, but he had the most evil face – I don’t know why *still shuddering after all these years*

32. flutterbye says:

Hello Theo! I’m sure you’re well-trained by now. Did you see the babeh marmie in the other post? Dumb question, I know…that’s probably what brought you here in the first place!

[Had a hard time responding to that one, for some reason. Fingers & brain just wouldn't cooperate. Mild case of the Splode, prolly. - Ed.]

33. BStrange says:

bookmonstercats – that sounds familiar – sort of a heavily medicated for good reason, “I’m so happy. You will be happy too. Or else.” look? Certain dolls give me that feeling, I feel silly wanting to drop a bucket over them or something.

This li’l guy would make a much better bath pal. You could even sprinkle crumbs in your hair and get a scalp massage! :D

B “maybe just a LITTLE too much Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Tales From The Crypt for one brain, doyouthink?” Strange

34. Hey Theo! Great to hear from you! Your return requires we break into song:

(not so) Rubber ducky, you’re the one.
    You make CO time lots of fun!
    (not so) Rubber ducky I’m awfully fond of you!
    :-)

35. OMG…that is the CUTEST little duck I’VE EVER SEEN!

Although I love them all, not many pics make me go “awwwww..” outloud, but this one did.

36. Some duck weed will be sufficient.

37. deathqueen38 says:

@ The Big Gripe. its just the sun reflecting off his wet beak. ADORABLE!

38. bookmonstercats says:

BStrange, there has probably been an “evil rubber duckie” Outer Limits episode at some point, although I can’t remember one specifically. I’ve never been able to deal with clowns (shades of Stephen King’s IT) or those Victorian dolls with real faces. Imagining waking up and seeing a doll sitting in a chair, watching me while I sleep? Brrrrrr!

39. We call those ‘ bright eyes ‘ round here. The household canine gives them to us and we fall over ded.

aka “stupons.”

40. @260Oakley

can i have a lifetime pass to say “and put it on my bill” every time you do a duck-pun?

(if not, i’ll be singing ‘oh no, waddle i do?’)

41. Michelle says:

greatest title ever! glistening with condescension – brilliant!

42. @Sharpy – can I say “Sharpy Diem” ? Pleeeease?

43. @pyrit

have at it!

44. 260Oakley says:

@Sharpy
    That isn’t your swan song, is it?

45. @Sharpy – I can’t wait until CO has a shar-pei post.

46. @260Oakley

>>That isn’t your swan song, is it?

yes, i’m afraid you are seeing the quack in my pedestal. besides, i hear that poser Doc Hunter calling, so i gotta fly.

47. @pyrit

>>I can’t wait until CO has a shar-pei post.

same here!

48. Merlene A says:

Gah, the title got confused :( My mum took another picture I submitted and I sent it from her laptop. but eek :3

49. he’s beautiful. Jennifer Cisowski

50. swimmer love says:

awww!!!!!!! that is the cutest thing i have ever seen!!!!!!