In Frog We Trust.

Look, I don’t like to brag, but my pad is better than yours.

Frogpole’s a dime a dozen, Amy J.

Comments

1. eeeeee! so tiny! froggie, don’t ever change. (get it??! ha.)

2. SO TINY!!!

3. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

“he wuz an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weenie ….”

4. chanpon says:

Perfect size for the itsy-bitsy spider… :p

5. tesstricks says:

It looks like he just grew those limbs a minute ago. :)

6. metsakins says:

I saw a wee toadie today, but alas he was much bigger

allow me to say squeee

7. Love the semi-transparent legs.

8. 260Oakley says:

Slimy micromanager is swamped with complaints after he dimes out co-workers.

9. sunnymum says:

Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.

10. Is Mr. Big Boss Frog Man in an aquarium? Everything looks too neat to be nature.

11. Do I see the stubular remains of a tailio that Mr. Froggeh hasn’t quite outgrown?

12. Does this dime make my butt look big?

13. Hon Glad says:

Ribbit trivit.

14. Birdcage says:

Why, that’s just a knick-knack, with a pad in back; give that frog a loan.

15. Wee froggy, you’re giving me Discworld visions!

16. @sunnymum – “frog” in Italian is “rana.” I had to ask a little vendor lady in Pisa about that! E’ una rana carina!

17. We oldsters in fandom remember Rana the Frog Ghod who was the patron saint of your mimeograph machine working as you produced your zines.

*longs for the smell of freshly mimeographed paper*

18. @sunnymum, I got the joke. :D

19. O NO He/she/it DI-unt!!!! says:

YAY @ dogma!!!

20. Frogs usually don’t register as cute with me, but this little guy certainly fits the bill. Or should I say “coin”?

21. @260Oakley

you’re good. you are very, very good. competition makes you even stronger.

22. So, we have pigs, and frogs, and an “I-don’t-know-what-that-is” type character, right? When did this place turn into The Muppet Show, hmmmmm? Just wonderin’. ;)

23. Darling! With speckles!

24. Katiedid says:

FDR looks like he has a little frog in his throat.. ;-)
    It had to be said people…

25. I WUV THE WIDDLE FWOGGIES!!! We used to go tadpole-catching when we were youngsters, kept them until they became wee frogs and could jump out of the bucket. :)

26. Amp Hibian lead singner of the band, The Frogy Bottom Boys.

27. BStrange says:

Birdcage @14 – I now have the weirdest earworm ever. So far. :D

I too love the translucent limbs. But the head-to-rear ratio’s what keeled me.

28. Quite a “ribbeting” post, if I do say so myself. ;-)

–bossgripes.com

29. Fleurdamour says:

The frog is so money.

30. flutterbye says:

Must be Tiny Tuesday!

31. is it a baby? at first i thought it was sitting on a quarter…but WHAT a dime?!

sweet….but really can anyone drop the name of this guy?

32. flutterbye says:

Kind of looks like a leopard frog babeh to me, but I’m no expert!

33. “In Frog We Trust”

34. Hi, that’s my froggy pic above ;o)

@flutterbye – Wow good eye, yes he is a leopard frog, caught in the Virgin River in AZ.

@Cashew – And yes he is in my planted aquarium along with 12 other tadpoles/frogs.

@Emi – He had just transformed into a frog about 2 or 3 days before I took this picture. I could NOT believe how teeny tiny he was, so I just had to share!! He now has 4 other frog playmates, but he is still the smallest of them all.

Oh and we named him “Frogpole”. :-D

35. Fleurdamour says:

He can turn on a dime.

36. Queen of Dork says:

Wow. I was thinking about how frogs zip their tongues out to catch flies. Then I looked at this picture. Then I REALLY looked at a dime which was sitting on my table. Then I looked at this picture. THIS FROG IS SMALLER THAN A FLY!

37. kibblenibble says:

The puns are really flowing freely on this post. 260Oakley must be rubbing off on some of you. I wish some would rub off on me, but alas, all I can do is sit here and chuckle.

38. @Queen of Dork – I know! You don’t realize how small he really is until you realize that it is indeed a DIME he is sitting on ;o) Amazing, isn’t it?!

39. Chinchillazilla says:

Frogpole is an adorable name.

40. wow! this is one small frog!

41. I think that second picture should be tagged under “disapproving.” Such a cutie, what has he got to disapprove?
    I once got caught in a “frogstorm” of these, one summer in northern Michigan, when there were so many of them that one couldn’t take a step without squishing some. Now THAT’s something to disapprove!