Well, Somebody Forgot to Moisturize

“Goodness, honey, (slurp) you’re just as dry as a (slurp) little ol’ piece of sandpaper, (slurp) I do de-clay-yuh! Are you (slurp) wearing enough sunscreen, dearie?”

Tonguetastic Christina S. shot this one.

Comments

1. This pooch will get high…. Stop him!

2. Michelle says:

A beardie! We no longer have our bearded dragon but I can attest, they can be very “pet friendly” (with supervision). We have photos of ours competing for sofa space with the cat. Didn’t phase either one of them. (Course, it wasn’t chosen for submission by CO, but still…)
    ;)

3. MoonCatty says:

Tastes like chicken!!!

4. chanpon says:

Got some crusties in your eye there. Let me help you with that.

5. Stop dragon my heart around and come over here. Iguana give you a little kiss.

6. i love the expression on the little guy – haha part disapproving and part “what the…??!?!?!”

7. That lizard’s all like, “I don’t…I don’t even…”

8. The lizard is trying to decide whether or not he likes this.

9. BStrange says:

NTMTOM channeled O NO while captioning today, I see! I am quite thoroughly cracked up (the caption knocked me down, the image is still tickling me and hollering ‘say uncle!’), and man did I ever need it after this day.

Now, the only thing that could make it more hilarious is if it was a cat licking that lizard. Sandpaper Vs. Sandpaper in a Steel Wool Cage Snorgmatch!

10. BStrange says:

Also, that is a veeeeeerryy cute doggie, I wonder what breed or mix she is?

11. soxfan413 says:

Very cute dogger, yeah, BStrange. My first thought was Tibetan Spaniel because of the coloring. Could easily be a Chihuahua-something… hard to tell what size the dog is, but I’m guessing it’s actually smaller than a Tibetan Spaniel, unless that’s a huge beardie.
    What’s with the cartoon feet in the background? :)

12. Looks like a pug-wawa… pug and Chihuahua! Its a “designer breed”, aka, a mixed breed!

13. As she submitted herself to the Slurpologist, two thoughts occured to Mrs. Pogona, “Man, they weren’t kidding when they advertised this spa as All Natural”, and, “how did she know my name is Claire?”
    (cue dramatic mystery music)

14. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!!! says:

(*blush*)

15. I wonder if the dog would ‘hurt’ its tongue at all licking a lizard. I always thought that the skin of a lizard was somewhat coarse. Oh well. It’s still cute!

With Love and Gratitude,

The Intentional Sage

16. That’s my pooch, and he is a Chihuahua/Terrier mix. That’s the best I can tell you, he’s just a mutt we got at the shelter.

17. @ TheIntentionalSage: I have never petted a bearded dragon, but those few lizards I have touched have surprisingly smooth skin.

18. psst: Pics of Bella sleepinks and steyreeetching, make sure all in your vicinity are wearing their squee protection gear.

19. I donno why, but this pic makes me smile.
    I think its the look both their faces.

20. Mary (the first) says:

I want that dog RIGHT NOW!

21. Mary (the first) says:

er, @Soxfan, those are not cartoon feet.. that’s a young person kneeling down.. you see her knees there.. but it did take me a couple good looks to figure it out, so I know where you’re coming from.

22. BStrange says:

TheIntentionalSage: Lick with the grain, not against, and you’re fine.

…..

…..

What? :D

And Metz: Adorabuhl straychins. Nice SPRÖL tabletop accessory you have there! (squee.)

23. Aren’t the tails of those things (dragons) capable of taking out like, a skyscraper or small child or something? Better watch it around da doggie…

–bossgripes.com

24. Awwwww. It must be love. I was going to say that can’t feel too good on the tongue, however I understand one must “lick with the grain” not against or hope it’s one of the those soft-skinned lizzies. Har! Truth or dare I’d happily slurp me a reptile. Especially a cutie like this!

25. Oh dear, I hate to nuff, but all I could think was “salmonella?”

26. Hon Glad says:

Just softening the leather for a new collar.

27. Aren’t lizards supposed to be toxic to doggies?

28. Rachael says:

I wanna be next in line for a lickin’.

29. I petted one of them fellers once – his skin was much softer than I had imagined.

30. MeggieG says:

I have two beardies and they are not as rough as people might imagine. Their tummies are downright squishy even.

and @gigi Beardies don’t have any chemicals on their skin (that I know of anyway…) so they can be slurped, but not eaten.

31. YummySalmonella says:

I wonder if dogs are subject to Salmonella, too?

32. Well the comment wasn’t anything bad but just to clear things up:

If the photo of my Penny is not on the post then it’s not me, so if that other Gigi says anything bad please don’t hold it against me OK?

33. Is that lizard ok? His color seems really light/yellow when I thought that they were supposed to be a definite green.

Maybe I’ve been watching too much Animal Cops.

34. @TheIntentionalSage – Yes, beardies are generally very soft and actually quite cuddly. Stop by a pet store sometime and see if they’ll let you pet one – they love humans.

@Kar – That color’s the natural beardie color, though there are some designer reds and such. He’s fine.

@Theresa – As long as this isn’t Australia, this lizard and all of his close ancestors were bred in captivity (the US hasn’t had any imports for a long time, and I don’t think Australia allows exports). The only way he’d have salmonella is if he got infected by bad food.

35. @Kar Bearded Dragons come in all sorts of colors, orange, yellow, white, and even green. They can change their color a bit. When their skin and beard is dark, they are stressed and angry, when they are lighter shades, they are calm and happy.

And the doggie is just fine, no salmonella issues. He’s put much worse things in his mouth.

36. StormCat says:

@ Metz – Thanks for the squee alert!!! And I’m glad I’m in the office alone ’cause I most certainly was squeeeeeing away!!!

Love the look of Mr. Bearded’s face here…

37. Colonel Jenna says:

I cannot think of the right way to say how happy this photo makes me. Slurp!

38. Glad the leathery pal is ok. On the animal rescue shows they keep saying that light colors are a sign of malnutrition. Obviously not for this breed. He apparently gets lots of tlc.

39. BStrange says:

Kar – Green Iguanas (tropical types) who turn unusually pale and yellowy might possibly be feeling unwell or somesuch, yeah. The desert-lovin’ Bearded Dragons are a different leezurd. (Not as much green in deserts, ya know. :D)

soxfan413 – Looked up Tibetan Spaniel, could be. Thanks~!

40. Am I just sleepy this afternoon? It looks somewhat ‘shopped.

?

41. Nope, not ‘shopped. I certainly wouldn’t have left half my daughter’s body in the background of the pic if I photoshopped it. It’s genuine.

42. Please. No tongues on the first date!

43. you must have dropped some food between the eyes.. ha! good pic

44. Good thing that’s a photoshop, doggie would be puking from the lizard salmonella!!

45. It’s an old trick. Sticking out your tongue to win a staring contest.

46. Come here leeeezard leeeezard. Go Ninja boy, GO! Take one big CHOMP! ahh, good boy!! :-) Luv Aunt Kell