But I Don’t Want to Go in the Dollhouse, Mommy

It’s… it’s dark in there, and all the furniture’s too small for me, and this one doll — the really old porcelain one in the blue pinafore? — when you’re not looking, she draws a line across her neck and goes “kkrrrricccchhhh!”

Kiki can come play house with us anytime, Shirley M.

Comments

1. Is anyone else thinking A Christmas Story here? :-)

That or, “They kil–er turned Kenny into a girl!”

2. writing the second comment for a post on here is my new record. Comments get posted so fast before my record had been sixth. but the thing is that this was posted literally seconds ago and I’m only the second commenter! amazing! people must check this blog so often.

3. I think this would be cuter if I could see the whole dog instead of just its’ sad sad eyes…

4. do I spy double ears? on the dog and on the coat? hmmm?

5. heehee, his little paws are poking straight out of those sleeves. I must now go and buy a similar outfit for my cat.

6. metsakins says:

not a second day of dressed up doggies!!!!!!

(Makes me miss my daughter who used to similarly “abuse” her cat. There were doll carriages involved as well. Alas, that was 20 years ago.)

7. Pupper needs scooping up and cuddling!

8. skippymom says:

Chocolate-chip-cookie-paws!

9. Kiki wants a coat in a deeper shade of pink. This light pink clashes with her lovely ginger fur.

@Metz: I’m right there with you on both of those comments!

@Cashew: I can’t quite tell if those are double ears or just the back of the hood folded up. At any rate, I hadn’t noticed that until you pointed it out–good eyes!

10. Love the story line NTMTOM. :)

11. Ohmigosh, that is the cutest puppeh EVAR! *swoons*

12. Such a cute spoiled dog xD

13. I feel kind of bad for the dog, to be honest.

14. Actually, the whole creepy dollhouse thing makes me kind of sad…

15. Portabello says:

@Perf

It’s not creepy. Get off your high horse.

16. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Portabello: To be honest, I did intend it to be a bit creepy, in a funny, “Addams Family” sort of way. But I’ve learned through experience that readers don’t always see things quite as I intend them, so I respect Perf’s opinion.

17. @ Cashew Yes you are correct, I know that litlle coat my litlle grand-nice has one like it for her dolly and it has it’s own ears.

The first thing that poped into my mind when I saw the picture was the movie: What ever happened to Baby Jane with Betty Davis in the title role.

18. Andi in NC says:

“I can’t put my paws down!!” It’s ok sweetie, I’ll save you – *beeps nose, rubs belly, nuzzles the toe beans”

19. I LOVE the caption. LOVE IT. So much evoked by just a few carefully chosen details. I can totally see that doll, the really old porcelain one. This is good stuff! (And a very cute sad puppy too.)

20. BStrange says:

Pink Pajamaed Pup has seen too much. She has returned from the dollhouse as a ghost to warn unwary travelers of the terrible fate that awaits them in….

THE BARBIE NIGHTMARE HOUSE!! *insert cheesy B-horror evil laughter here*

(Considering Portabello is the person from the chipmunk thread, I’m not giving this attempt at being inflammatory much weight either. Obvious Troll Is Obvious.)

21. Lerrinus says:

Heart-shaped nose!!???!!! Too flippin’ Kyoot!!!! :-)

22. metsakins says:

NTMTOM – I thought of two things when I read it. The movie Orphan.and this really creepy show called (I think) Tales From the Darkside. (still having nightmares about the porcelain doll in that.)

23. don’t be sad @Perf, it’s not real!

24. agreed.

25. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Not more animals dressed up! How dare you! Think of the poor doggies and kitties and hammies put through such abuse! PETA will be notifed, trust me on this and I won’t rest until…*POP*…*ack*…*wheeeeeeze*… THUD (blowing a gasket)…

26. I think we need a new tag :Dogs in duds?

27. Obviously that’s Dogs in duds

28. Martha in Washington says:

Every time I see some poor animal dressed up like this I think “Karma–it will catch up with you at some point.” That is why I NEVER dress up my kitty. I don’t want to come back and have this happen to me! :)

Cute doggeh BTW.

29. BStrange says:

metsakins @22: Oh my. This wouldn’t be the one where the doll is fished up from the sea at the beginning, is it? With the quiet little girl and the record that keeps playing over and over?

If so, while I can’t remember which show or what the episode was called (are any bells ringing out there?), I am right with you in the Creeped The Heck Out by what I can remember of it, camp! :shock:

30. So that’s how you spell “kkrrrricccchhhh”
    CO is so educational.

31. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

What an adorable little doggie. He’s gonna pee in someone’s shoes later.

32. Methinks this puppy has double ears, or so it would seem (see very top of photo).

All the better hear you with, my dear…

–bossgripes.com

33. Kikki! Ken will save you!
    Oh no, it’s the kind of Ken whose knees don’t bend. How will he get up the stairs?
    Get the Bratz doll!
    Noooo, that’s *too* scary!

34. MamaLana says:

Oh………BEEP!

35. http://www.quesnelmuseum.ca/Mandy.asp

Oh MANDY! Not THIS haunted doll, I hope.
    eeek

36. kibblenibble says:

The juxtaposition of NOMTOM’S sarcastically sinister dollhouse description with this sweet tiny doggy dressed up in the redonk pink outfit is pitch-perfect humor. This inspired my heartiest laugh of the day. :lol:

37. @pyrit Sadly the Bratz doll is unable to help too as someone lost both of her feet, (this is true of all of my daughter’s Bratz dolls, as if those things weren’t creepy enough as it is)

38. ♪ And there’s a creepy doll… that always follows you… ♪

39. @Susanova. Omg, that is creepy as he**!

40. Hon Glad says:

and that clown doll laughs at me but not in a nice way.

41. Emmberrann says:

As if I could even get a cute little hoodie-coat in pink or any other color that goes with gray even close to Mr. Picky-hates-clothes! Do you think I want to be shredded by the don’t-even-think-about-it claws and teeth?

42. starling says:

Dibs on the Corvette!

43. our stray Chihuahua LOVES wearing clothes. We dress her up whenever we take her in the car, or for a walk (we have a big yard, so walks are special XD), so whenever she sees a dress or shirt or coat, it’s like “OMG OMG OMG OMG YAY! IGETTOGOINTHECARANDSTICKMYHEADOUTTHEWINDOW OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMG YAY!!!!”

44. Queen of Dork says:

Okay. I think this is one of my favorite threads ever on CO. I can’t read all of this when I’m at work so I have to catch up on the weekends. But my goodness! Ken dolls whose knees won’t bend? Bratz with missing feet? Wow! How fun! And the whole thing reminds me of The Twilight Zone episode about the maniquin (sp?) who is errant and won’t do her job at the department store. The picture is adorable. (although I like the pic with the piglet in red boots soooooo much that it’s my new background on my computer for now) :) Love you all!!

45. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

hellllllllooooooooooooooooooooo Q

pyrit & I have been searching for you are you
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere????????

46. OMG! That is the most adorable doggie ever! Way too cute!

47. That’s not cute guys, it’s a DOG! It doesn’t like to wear clothes! No true love for animals…