Day 2 of the British Open Comes to a Stop

What an unfortunate day for players and fans alike here at St. Andrews. Officials were forced to halt play just a few moments ago when the green on the crucial par-4 17th was sincerely compromised.

Can Rory McIlroy recover, Barney S.?

Comments

1. oh my goodness….

2. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

What a cute natural hazard!

3. GrammarGoddess says:

comprise?

4. jiffknee says:

Oh, thanks ever so much for that earworm . . . gah.

5. (sounds of smurf music)
    La LA LA la la la LA LA la la laaaaah

Ohhh look at this nice comfy spot to take a nap… scuffle scuffle scuffle as little animal lays down in the nice soft fairway.

Hmmm I wonder why all those people are looking at me!

6. Desdemona says:

Ahem. You mean “seriously compromised,” right?

7. LOL–as always, love the hovertexts.

If you haven’t hovered before, people, do eet! Do eet now! Just place your mouse over the photo, and MAGICAL THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!

–bossgripes.com

8. Bookmonstercats says:

Severely compromised?

Whateverrrrr. I lofs llamas. They have natural smiles and built-in wooly scarves. And cute bendy knees. I could go on, and on….

9. that’s the french spelling.

10. Bookmonstercats says:

“Woolly” (dang it)

11. Comprised… Of serious baby llamas!!!

12. Me thinks that’s an Alpaca (an smaller, cuter Llama!) … can anybody confirm?

13. CoconuCheez says:

The alpaca is cute… but u kno wut grabbed more of my attention?

the AA ad.

It’s getting a little over the top in terms of nudity. CO, can we get rid of the AA ads? I feel like it has no place on a website that endorse cuteness >.<

14. Jenn in IL says:

Hovertext FTW.

15. PhysicsProf says:

Maybe he’s in training to be a caddy.
    BTW, re:ads. Last week, magically, Firefox popped up a little box saying “click here to disable ads” and I did, and they are All Gone! Every single one on every single web site! I suppose the CO managers are not in favor of this, but being that I am a nun with vanishingly small disposable cash, I’m not going to buy anything anyway.

16. I love it when they tuck their little feetsies in like that!!!

17. GingerBean says:

awwww here’s a llama there’s a llama and another little llamma. llama llama horseshoe llama, llama llama duck….(yw for the earworm!)

I don’t see the super sexy AA ads, just uncomfortably skinny people with ugly clothes in ugly posishes. Today’s ad is a girl in a one piece swimsuit stretching out so you can see her ribs but not the top of the suit (which I would think would be sort of the purpose of the ad)…and she has bikini tan lines showing. It’s an ugly swimsuit anyway.

18. Oh, those ears look like they need some serious rubbing. Here, let me . . . .

19. Cookiedoh says:

Is this alpaca from St Andrews in New Brunswick Canada? I was just at the Kingsbrae Gardens this past week and lo and behold there was a white baby alpaca that looks exactly like that!

20. Llama lloaf!

21. The hover text reminded me of the scene in Glee where Emma is crying in the car to this song.
    <3 hovertext lol

22. tracylee says:

awww, llonesome llama… c’mere, I’ll scritch those earsies for ya!

23. MamaLana says:

Eyelashes!!!!! Ah.

24. BABY llama, looking very PROPER and ATTENTIVE! Squeeeeeeeeee!

25. Hon Glad says:

Llama says, will you stop hitting those little white balls at me.

26. Lerrinus says:

He’s the duke of hazard alright! ;-)

27. HopeGrows247 says:

That is prosh. End of story.

28. victoreia says:

“Nothing to see here! Move along!”

29. 260Oakley says:

@Lerrinus
    Nice one, but are you sure that’s not Archie Bunker?

30. now that is one stinkin’cute critter!

31. Bookmonstercats says:

@PhysicsProf. I was educated by RC nuns (a long time ago). There were a couple of horrors, but mainly they rocked. And so do you.

32. chanpon says:

Is he attempting a llama-loaf??

33. Lerrinus says:

You totally ROCK, Oakley! :lol: *hug*

34. Is that actually pronounced “yama” in Espanol? If it’s an alpaca, I want to see after he grows his full head-do on top – nobody do’s bangs like alpaca!

35. Links-LLama says “I can has mulligan?”

36. There is no such thing as the British Open.

;-)