Join the C.O. Dangerous Sports Society!

Skydiving too sedate? Bungee jumping a bore? We’ve got the ultimate rush for today’s jaded thrill-seeker! Here’s how it works: A genuine medieval catapult (a) launches you across the Grand Canyon (b), onto a waiting trampoline (c), which propels you through a wall of flame (d) into a wading pool full of Nerf balls (e).

… oh, and there’s a certain spot on the trampoline you’ll need to avoid, too.

Is there a point to all this, Debra E.?

Comments

1. *Snicker* at the hovertext.

I didn’t know that deer hung out in big groups like this. I thought they were solitary animals. Now I know. :)

Happy Friday, everyone!

2. OMG! I want to see this on Wipe Out!

3. HRHQueenCat says:

deery me, many, many points in fact …

4. Hon Glad says:

This should have been a prongs post, as the Bucks all sport a good selection
    of prongs.

5. Lerrinus says:

Oh deer…! ;-)

6. 260Oakley says:

The bucks stopped here, but it looks like no one wanted to be the bouncer for this bachelor party. And I think they’re a little short on doe.

7. 260Oakley says:

Make that a stag party. Doe!

8. It’s just that hot.

9. omnomnom says:

Five bucks? Not a lot of doe.

10. Padfoot_Lives says:

Now, THOSE are some nice racks!

11. Elisha B. says:

Whoa!

12. She sure is popular.

13. Emmberrann says:

@260Oakley: Now just what the elk is going on here? It doe-sn’t look like there’s any more ruminant under that there trampoline for more dear deer, and I wouldn’t want to fawn on you for it.

14. tracylee says:

*groan*
    (but in a good way, of course)

15. Lucy Loup-Garou says:

The poor things look very hot – must be in Central New York this week. Phew!
    Hey, wait – why is doe resting outside the shade while the bucks are sheltered? Explain, please!

16. Surrealle says:

Wow, very cool (and amusing) pic, never seen anything like that before.

17. 260Oakley says:

@Emmberrann
    What is it about deer that makes us want to give them a 21 pun salute?

18. Katey-#1; I see deer on a constant basis, a lone deer is an oddity. They are usually in a herd of various size.

They are beautiful!

19. Carol A. Cashes says:

I herd that.. (and ya’ll are jus’ too, too funny).

20. the puns in this comment thread are fantastic

and the deer are adorable :D

21. Naturalady says:

Looks like a second doe flat on the grass between two of those bucks……… Such lovely elegant creatures and what a wonderful photo catch.

22. StormCat says:

They are so beeeeoootiful… One of my good friends is a hunter, so I will NOT be sharing this pic with him… *crosses arms and stands guard*

Oakley, you slay me!!!

Quick story… I have a big bird feeder in the front yard… One night I came home and my headlights revealed two Does eating out of it… They just stood there chewing, looking at me like “Yea? What of it? We’re eatin’ here! And we want this filled up tomorrow too!” LOL I stopped, for fear of scaring them off until they wandered off on their own… Was pretty cool actually…

23. Flaming Death! Must watch A Bug’s Life again.

excellent punnage, people

24. Best hovertext EVAR, and antlers off to you amazing punsters!

25. yolanda says:

There’s five bucks, but not much doe. “hey buddy, we can’t operate zippers but we wanna play, could you open it up for us?”

26. In keeping with the spirit of Reality Casual Friday, I am currently sitting in a Starbucks (yes for real!) in Columbia, SC with me Schmoop, wearing my ACUs, typing away on my new wireless toy. There’s an empty iced mocha to my right, and I’m surrounded by real estate agents, students, and one aged hippie type (no not ME this time, thppppp)… Iron & Wine is on the stereo, and I appear to be posting a comment on CO for the first time in, oh, has it been 10 weeks?

Howdy y’all! Let’s see, how best to mess with the new mod? Heh heh heh… :twisted: (hi BaloneyEars!)

27. (btw, my connectivity & time available for online pursuits will be very very spotty for a while, but I’m out of Basic and somewhat more back in the world now. :) Next up: top-secret Intel training down in extreme southern AZ. Yay!!!)

28. Hon Glad says:

Hi Theo, nice to hear from you.

29. kibblenibble says:

THEO! So wonderful to find you here. :-D YIPPEE! Hey everyone, look, it’s Theo!

30. THEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

31. YESSSSSS?????? heh

32. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Hey-ho, Teho! Great to hear from you! Sounds as if you’re making great progress with the Army. Hope the successes keep coming for you, and that you’ll get more chances to say hello!

[Hi back! And I love that I still have Teh Powers of Mod here. It's like a hug. :D - Ed. (ret.) ]

33. Yay! Theo!!

34. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH!

35. mandy_Reeves says:

my uncle and bro would make them dinner. Meaning dinner for the humans, not making meals for the yummy, delectabuhl fur covered slabs of meat. Sorry sorry….but when i see deer I think dinner!

36. I don’t think this would be a very popular sport with men. I mean, if something goes wrong on that trampoline, they have more to lose than the gals, am I right?

–bossgripes.com

37. Theo, good to hear your… typing.

I thought there was a “fox on the trampoline” video, but there are two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY&NR=1 (really into the bouncing)

38. I think “Deer Under a Trampoline” would be a far better movie than “Snakes on a Plane”.

39. TEHO!!!!!!! Tackle Hug… YAY!!! good to see your typing skills back in action.
    Shoves a danish to Teho to go witht his coffee.

and the bucks stop here.
    did that one get mentioned yet?
    I lost track seeing as how Teho stopped in for a visit.

40. mervtheflamingo says:

Hi, Theo!

41. PS This isn’t a Japanese game show, is it? :P

42. skippymom says:

Ouch! Ouch! Ooh, ouch! (Jumping up and down on trampoline, so excited that we heard from THEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

43. AliceBlue says:

Theo! I was just thinking how much I miss you! Glad you’re doing well, thanks for saying hi.

44. HI THEO!!!!! Glad to hear you are out of Basic and doing well. <3 to you and all our military personnel <3

@Keith Handy…someone get those motherf-ing deer out from under my mother-fing trampoline! :D

45. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
    Hey, I think this trampoline is defective.

Oh and Salute Tackle Hugs for Theo! :-)

46. Teho! We miss your snark something awful. (Not that NOMTOM isn’t da bomb :-). Think you’ll ever do periodic guest posts?

[Well proooooobably not, but I dunno for sure. Cheers! - Ex Ed.]

47. Bookmonstercats says:

My eyes are watering at the thought of landing on that trampoline.

I just spotted Theo on the Resqte thread and “said” hi, but hullo again, Teho. Glad to see you whenever you can pop in.

48. Hi Theo!!!!!! [waves in the direction of SC]

Oh dear! Wouldn’t want to jump on THAT trampoline!

49. Theo!! Yay!! *insert yay thingy here* This made my Friday! :)

50. SO CUTE says:

Please vote for our cutest pup, Lucy the mini dachshund here! She needs your help!

51. Peep, did you hear that Paul, the cute German octopus who makes World Cup picks, has been getting death threats? What is wrong with people? 8O

He is kind of cute. Here he is, doing his thing. He’s so little!! A shrimp of an octopus. ;)

52. Theo, this is for you:

53. How cool!! Wish that was my backyard right now.

54. Emmberrann says:

Wal, cross my little artiodactyls and call me ungulate for dinner, it’s the Teho! [waggles dactyls at Teho, and waltzes away from the trampoline where the little dears/deers are relaxing in the shade]
    @260Oakley: I dunno, it must be something in the water. Yeah, that’s it! Something in the water!

55. holligans says:

Hooray it’s THEO!!! Have missed you sooooooo!

56. StormCat says:

THEO – You’re in Columbia?! So am I!!!!! Welcome to our heat, Sweetie!!!!

57. Noelegy says:

Wow, this looks like a “Jackass” episode waiting to happen.

58. Try to avoid the sit drop! ;-)

59. hi, TEHO, we do miss you; great to hear from you…all the best, again, in your future training.

60. Martha in Washington says:

Hey Theo! Glad to see you survived bootcamp. SC is a bad place to be in the summer tho.

61. Mary (the first) says:

Honoring Theo,
    bucks, does under trampoline…
    It’s Friday Haiku!!

62. chanpon says:

Weeee, Mommy, this is funnn….. URK!

63. chanpon says:

Oh, and yay Teho is back (for now..)!

64. Too friggin’ funny! Captioning this couldn’t have been easy. But you scored.

Hi there, Theo! Be well…Stay hydrated!

65. Mod-in-Training says:

[hi theo!

listen, as long as you can still man the torpedoes, would you mind digging up and reposting that big announcement you made about what a terribly funny and smart person i am? i think everyone missed it.

your friend in PGP perpetuity (yes, in-jokes for you and no one else),

--BaloneyEars

p.s. and give hyacinths a big sloppy hello for me! oh gee-ross! not THAT sloppy! ish!]

[Oh, she is smooched, ThatGrrrl, well and truly so. :) We're off to dinner now! ...oh and Peeps, Ms. New Mod here is more of the incisive snarkhammer even then me, so y'all just better behave. Mm-hmm. :cool: - Ex Ed.]

66. TEHO!
    Avec mod. powers: oooooh, the Powers of Darkness should shiver in their St. Ungulant booties [and use the wittle stairs to ascend].

67. domanato says:

lol yea it’s a stag party…they are such wild bucks

68. MamaLana says:

Beautiful boys!

69. I want deer and a trampoline in my backyard!

70. BStrange says:

I’ve heard of spiking drinks – but spiking a trampoline? Owww….

Hiya Theo-aka The (former) Ed.! I had a feeling the latest additions to CO’s Marmie Army were Theo attractant, but I didn’t expect it to work so fast. :D And uh… Snarkier than you? Is that possible? Won’t reality fold itself in half and go poof? :shock:

71. Lerrinus says:

Yay Theo! Glad to hear from you, missed ya, man! *hugs* :-D

72. AuntieMame says:

Heya, Teho!

I’ve been waiting for M-i-T to lay the snarkhammer down, but so far she’s being awfully nice. :)

73. MoonCatty says:

Looks like the bucks stop there.

74. victoreia says:

Howdy, Theo! You’ve made my extra-long day @ the doc’s office all better! (Note to self: stock up on marmie posts; it seems to be working…)

75. hi, TEHO, we do miss you; great to hear from you…all the best, again, in your future training. )))))

76. Lucy's Mommeh says:

NatureLady-wow, good eyes-I had to REALLY look for that second dow. It’s just kinda odd to see so many buck together,, as when they have fully developed antlers, it’s time for luuuuuuuurve…
    But are these even whitetail?

77. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Um. Second doe……

78. jezabel says:

What’s the black ghost like image located right above the green chairs? Ghost of previous trampoliners?

79. HAAAY Theo! Excellent to see that you still exist. 8D

80. Can this post get a hoofers tag?

81. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Yes it can, JME. Good call.

82. I think the blur might be a cat. It sort of looks like a crow, but if you look closely it appears to have a long tail.

83. SoCalSis says:

Hey TEHO!!! So nice to hear from you!!! Do check back in from time to time as your schedule allows— we miss you!

84. Wait wait wait. Can someone please point out this alleged doe? Be descriptive; I can’t find ‘er!

85. Casey — while I can’t be totally sure this isn’t a buck who has shed his horns or is juvenile or something, the probable doe is in the right of the picture, most of her body framed by the “u” shaped metal support. Her head is just to the right of the bottom of the tree behind the trampoline.

86. Too friggin’ funny! Captioning this couldn’t have been easy. But you scored.

Hi there, Theo! Be well…Stay hydrated!

87. Theo!! Intel in Southern Arizona? You must be heading to Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista! You’ll love it. It is absolutely beautiful — with very nice people. If you find yourself heading up to Tucson and want some good Mexican food, do reach out! We’d love to buy you a margarita for all of the fun times you gave us on teh Qte!

88. TTTTTTTThhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

89. ew. they are not cute.
    ugly overload

90. bobthesortofgreat says:

ive been on xtreme rollercoaster… but this is a bit… much

what do you mean ugly? its totally like… “you cant hurt us phttthhhb this is our trampoline. bwahahahaha

91. OK, where do we get tickets!!

92. Theo :) hello’s an hugs