What Happens When Kittens Party

WOOOO!!! Look at me! I’m partying so hard, the lampshade is wearing ME as a hat!!! WOOOO!!!

Sheli W., you got your hands full, Girl.

Comments

1. OMG, Mom and Dad are home early!!!!!!!!!! LOL

2. chanpon says:

Some drunks start wearing the lampshade; drunk kitties just start rolling off of them I guess. I like how the other kitty just watches.

3. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

ackshually, I think his recovery posishe is pretty darn graceful!!!

Excellent detail photog, there!!

4. fish eye no miko says:

Like all cats, as soon as he lands, he’s put on a “I meant to do that!” expression.

5. Before she left, Mom said “No par-TAY”s, no shindigs, no keggers, no hootenannies, no mixers, no raves, no box socials!

6. Hon Glad says:

Grabitty I defy you, whoops s**t, the catnips on me.

7. BStrange says:

Note the Background Kitteh on the left bearing witness to his faceplant. “Whoa, man, how many margfurritas did you HAVE??”

8. BStrange says:

@Hon Glad: A clear-cut case of “Hey everybody, watch this!”…? :D

9. LOL! Thanks for reminding me of what kitten are REALLY like. I keep forgetting what those cute little monsters can get up to now that mine are all grown-up.

10. Somebody found the catnip stash….Quick – act natural!!

11. Katiedid says:

lol love the hovertexts!

12. @BStrange, and you know what Tom and Ray Magliozzi always say. NOTHING GOOD can possibly ever happen after some guy says “Hey guys, watch this!” :lol:

13. 260Oakley says:

A whiter shade of fail

14. Mel Drake says:

*thunk* It’s cool, it’s cool! Pass the nip, man.. I’m good to drive home.

Alternate: In Soviet Russia, lampshade wears you

15. BStrange says:

True, true. That phrase is the knell of faceplant doom.

And Oakley: Not while I’m eating! Please! *vacuums keyboard* :D

16. the kittens all like “FOR NARNIAAAA….oh crap..oof!” while the other one just blankly stares

17. hot tams says:

bad killy!

18. Jimbeaux says:

Hee! As I scrolled down, I said, “Hey! I hope he doesn’t fa… Ooops!”

19. OMG, this series of pics had me literally laughing out loud!

20. I have an adult cat that did the same exact thing last week, except that he also knocked over the lamp on the way down. Clumsiest cat in the world.

21. Strabismus says:

upps! i haz a fall :(

22. Fuzzalina says:

Love it 2600. You’ve done it again.

23. Quite a photo catch, but shouldn’t you put down the camera and catch the kitten? or the lamp?

24. Oh Hai Mom
    Watch This

Whoops :)

25. victoreia says:

“Really, I meant to do that!”

26. BStrange says:

Barbara: Depends how often things like this happen. After the 84,000th time kittens fall off something, you get used to it and only worry if they fall off the fridge or something. (Supergluing the lamp to the table is optional, since by the time it hits the floor the cat’s already hightailed it across the room and is pretending he has NO IDEA why it’s on the floor.)

27. suzushii says:

What! He couldn’t hold his liquour and went out like a light.

28. Barbara: If it were me, I’d have dashed forward to grab the kitty, knocked over the lamp, sent kitty flying into the opposite wall and having the lamp onto the head of the kitty at the back (and from there, to crash on the floor). And so I’d probably just grab the camera to show the missus later.

And besides, kittens do hit the ground with a plop and a perfectly calm. “What? Yeah, that was my intent. Stupid food machine, why do you giggle so?”

29. @Barbara and Doggabone :lol: I agree with you :lol: I would dash forward and have my hands out to catch that poor little kitty :lol: Then hold the little cutie to my chest :lol: before grabbing up the second kitty and stuffing both kitties into my hoodie and run off with them :lol:

30. junemrc says:

this is such a brilliant and lucky set of captures!!

31. that’s one partycat!
    i just love how the little kitty on the left is like “don’t look at me! i have no idea what the hell that’s supposed to be..”

32. That’s a good ‘halp I’m fallingks! face! Kitteh’s keeping(k)s cool under pressure.

33. Surrealle says:

Why on earth do people think any falling cat needs to be caught? Mine occasionally need to be “rescued” when they jump up to the top of the bedroom door and discover they can’t easily get down, but they’ll roll off the bed or counter while dead asleep and be perfectly fine for it. The expression “cat-like reflexes” exists for a reason. Nature designed them for this stuff, and sure didn’t account for us being around to catch em.

34. Elisha B. says:

Great action shots!!!! Luvs the fuzzy belly shot!

35. haha.. love the oh so innocent looking kitten on the side..

36. LOL–I love the progression of kitty-on-lamp to kitty-on-floor. I’m guessing he didn’t score big with the Phi Cappa babes THAT night!

–bossgripes.com

37. TINEE TUMBLING TABBEE!

38. BStrange says:

BG – Assuredly. The cute ones always look at that exact moment when your friend says something hilarious and you snort your drink out your nose..

39. kittens at that stage are the bestest.

40. @Theresa: Damn! And I looked so good on that bike!