Let’s play Box, Paper, Maru

Box:

Paper:

Maru:

You win, KP in SF!

Comments

1. woo hoo! first person to post on here… *clearing throat* I heart Maru, his parents are the luckiest people evahs!

2. MamaLana says:

I love Maru. Lots.

3. I am so in love with Maru (thank you CO for introducing me to him) i’ve been reading his website now for a long time, i don’t think i’ve ever seen a cat with thaqt much personality ever (that includes my own cats Meep and Mango and they are very funny with big personalities) Maru is just one special little guy, and he is hilarious!!! and so handsome.
    The owner takes so many great pictures and videos.
    I’ve gotten so many people hooked on maru because i always mention him.

4. Universe loves Maru… Lots!

5. Farhibide says:

USPS Guy: “If it fits it ships!”
    Maru: “I FITS!”

6. Awaiting Japanese gameshow wherein Maru tries skeleton bobsleigh . . . and wins Olympic gold!

7. I think I threw my back out just watching that first video.

8. Haha, my favorite is at 1:00, the little pre-pounce frontal paw tuck. Maru is a graceful unicorn! :-P

9. Whoa!

10. Cover up that pooper Maru! I still love that little exhibitionist.

11. Coco's Mom says:

And now we know how Maru’s mom keeps those floors SOOO clean – that little swiffer cleaner. It even acts as double-duty floor cleaner & Maru toy!

12. The sheer genius of using a Swiffer mop as a toy kinda explains why their place is so clean.

13. Madame X says:

“They try to make me go to boxhab, I say no, no, no…”

14. yukirei says:

I have a swiffer dry mop too, this makes me want to go adopt a cat right NAO!!!

15. knittinkitten says:

I’m so glad Maru is back on CO!

16. How did the pictures of Maru exploring the rainy garden in his own little blue raincoat not make it to C.O.?

17. Yay, Maru :D

I think C.O. should post the “wigs” post as well

18. Is video 1 a internet first ?………….

…………….3-D MARU !

19. OOOOOPS ! I meant video #2

20. BStrange says:

Kat – I heart the paw-tuck too :D

21. I want to tickle Maru’s toepads too. I love Maru.

22. Okay, so what beats what here? Is it box beats paper, paper beats Maru, Maru beats box? Or is it some other combination?

Inquiring minds want to know! D:

23. BStrange says:

Vicki – I’m thinking it’s something like “Paper covers Maru. Box hides Maru. Maru napping is immune to boxes and paper and is an automatic win.”

24. She kept getting bigger boxes for him but I want to see how small of a box he can fit into.

25. woop!

maru needs a lesson in modesty tail

right after his next boxaholics anonymous meeting

26. Naturalady says:

It is so wonderful that Maru’s servants so sweetly and beautifully share this amazing, one-of-a-kind genius of a cat with us. Wow.

27. Obviously box beats Maru, but Maru beats paper. :3

28. Two thoughts:

1. If I can reach that same state of nirvana as witnessed on Maru’s face Ima get my own damn box. Refrigerator size!

2. I’m falling so in love with that most awesome and clever owner of Maru. If ever there were two soul mates meant to be together! Love them.

29. Now we know why Maru has a smooshed face.. couldn’t fit in the box corner without one…

i heart Maru!!!

30. Rachael says:

Maru beats ALL! I love how he starts to lift himself out of that box, only to realize he’s already in the most comfortabuhl posish possible. Also, it might take more effort than the big galoot is willing to expend. Maru must pace himself for further adventures.

Who doesn’t love Maru????????

31. junemrc says:

o my goodness. I am SO COMPLETELY JEALOUS of Maru in that first video…

32. whiskers says:

Maru in the box: evidence that cats’ spines are made out of slinkys.

33. StormCat says:

I can’t see the videos at work!! *pout* Will have to wait until I get home to see them, but your comments are making me sooooo jealous!!!

34. I love how, at the end, he’s kind of like, “Why isn’t this dang wormhole working? I’m still in the same place!”

35. I love maru ;o; LOOKIT THOSE FEETSIES <33

36. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

ok. it has Been Decided. Once upon a time, I found it a struggle to decide btw S’scat and Maru. S’scat is still in the Presidential Cabinet of Wonderfulness and it’s a struggle even to voice these words but:

Maru. Wins.

Signed,
    (sigh of contentment)

37. The size of those paws! Wow! <3 Maru.

38. Colonel Jenna says:

The contented dozing while twisted into a physically impossible position into a too-small box…completely squee! I’ve had pets that slept in wildly impossible ways but something about that impressed me. The paper-floor mop combo was brilliant. I must take my vet’s clinic cats some crinkly paper next time I’m in.

I don’t do cats, but even with my allergies I would love to have Maru all for my own!

39. Fuzzbutt says:

I don’t think I’d realized Maru was a boy. Now I’m certain.

40. Do you think Maru’s owner ever gets anything done? I know I wouldn’t. I’d just want to film this guy all day long, with breaks for snuggles and, occasionally, food.

41. T.U.M. – I totally agree about the rain jacket pics!!! I mean the litterbox rain-jacket combo is just completely redonk!!!

42. I could play this game all day long. First a corgi video, now Maru! What a happy Friday.

43. When I die, I want to come back as Maru

44. Gail White says:

Let’s face it: Maru in the box needs a privacy tail.

45. Everyone needs their own Maru–I want one so badly! I hesitate to think how sad we will all feel on that dark day on which Maru goes over the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe there will be a Maru 2? Not that Maru can ever be replaced, but still….

–bossgripes.com

46. sunnymum says:

I cannot handle this cute. Thought I could, played the first vid, and no, I could not handle it. I am now a puddle of goo. Thanks Maru!

47. If ever there was a cat who liked boxes more than Maru, I have not seen it.

48. wuyizidi says:

Maru is like water, he naturally assumes the shape of the container. He is one with the box, er, I mean Dao.

49. Elsajeni says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the best thing about Maru is the way, before he jumps anywhere, he lifts up his front paws and holds them there, tucked under, like the world’s tiniest, fattest velociraptor.

50. Maru is one beautiful and extraordinarily entertaining kitty.

51. MaggieMoo says:

new yoga position – upward-facing cat! Maru always makes my brain go Squee!

52. knittinkitten says:

True story-my cat will actually watch the Maru videos. the first time I went to youtube and watched one kitteh jumped on the desk and watched. Maru you have a fan in Oregon!

Must say, Maru is almost as cute as Commander Sassafrass. runs a very close second.

53. lunacydress says:

Ok, now, cut a couple of airholes in that box, seal it up and ship him to my house!!! I’ll return him after a few days…maybe. :P

54. Laurens says:

That is a beautiful cat. Awesome.

55. I love how, at the end, he’s kind of like, “Why isn’t this dang wormhole working? I’m still in the same place!

56. Err, that was supposed to be a link to 5m16s into the video, but the blog tried to be clever and embed instead. Just skip to 5:16 to see the scene I meant to link. :)

57. Queen of Dork says:

Maru not only has a beauty mark on his nose but also Good n’ Plenty toe beans! It’s very cool how he can become a square box shape instead of a cat shape when he wants to. It must be kind of interesting to have rubber bones.

58. BStrange says:

Elsajeni: “the world’s tiniest, fattest velociraptor” = me cleaning my drink off my desk. :)

59. i_wuvs_puttins says:

I wuvs Maru, what a personality!

60. How I love paw pads. Especially multi-colored ones.

61. Queen of Dork says:

Awwwwwww, Maru is SUCH a cute cat. But I must go on the record here to say that the kitty I have the joy to live with is THE BEST KITTY EVER! He is such the sweet, cuddly, purrrrry boy and I love him! He’s a wonderful cat! :)

62. Debbieln60 says:

That tail going swish, swish..and his little tushie there. Too cute.
    I love how Marus as mighty hunter of Swiffer. One of the cutest kitties around.

63. I, too, love Maru.

64. chanpon says:

Maru toe pads!! That was worthy of this post alone, but we also get bonus Maru sliding. My day is made.

65. I think one of my favourite things about the Maru videos is that you never see the owner, and you never see him/her/them making stupid baby voices and noises like in so many other cat videos. it’s just all cat, aaaaalll the time! :)

66. Opalise says:

I hate to bring anybody down here, but am I the only one to notice that Maru is a GIRL?!

67. Malle Babbe says:

The still from the first video clip says, “I R not Boxcat, I R Cubist!”

68. Queen of Dork says:

Opalise: Say whaaaaaaaat?!

69. I heart Maru!

70. sooo cute bro!
    help me if i aint about ta crack my sides laughing!!!
    hahah!

71. Sasha's mum says:

Vid 1 is proof that Maru is a non-Newtonian fluid.

However, while “box-paper-Maru” is a source of hours of entertainment for all, it is not effective as a decision-making tool since Maru beats ALL.

Not like, say, “rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock.”

72. ahaha,only cat and homer simpson can find playing with a box interesting!
    thong

73. Lovesit! says:

So adorable! Can anyone tell me what kind of cat this is?

74. BStrange says:

According to his youtube page, he’s a Scottish fold without the folds (they happen).

75. Lovesit! says: