“Carrots in Love”

(Sung to the tune of “Lawyers in Love”)

I can’t keep up with what’s been going on
I think my heart must just be slowing down
Among the aubergines, the cukes and lima beans
Am I the only one who hears the screams
And the strangled cries of carrots in love

Carrot-raiser-uppered, picture-takered, sender-innered and song-parody-written-downered by C.O.-staff-job-easier-maker Wendy M.!

Comments

1. tracylee says:

*smoooch*!

2. LOL @ hovertext.

3. Lerrinus says:

“Come on, babeh, let’s do the twist!” ;-)

4. So cute it makes you feel guilty about cooking them :-p. Nice looking carrots!

5. BStrange says:

They look yummy, but they don’t carrot all about modesty, do they.

This is one of the CO posts where the text below the picture made me laugh as hard as the rest! Raiser-uppered… :D

6. I don’t know, I’m a little weirded out.

Reminds me of this:

7. Queen of Dork says:

I really love this post :)

8. rabbit of doom says:

I like the cat in the background, staring malevolently at the carrots.

9. BStrange says:

I missed that until your post, rabbit of doom. He’s like, “vegetables? in MY house? They must be destroyed.”

10. Queen of Dork says:

I don’t see the cat. Where’s a cat? I see vegetables with mohawks in love but no cat…

11. BStrange says:

QoD: Look for two glowing eye-dots between the two left-most stems.

12. BStrange says:

Oh, and Theresa: It’s turnips with dinner tonight, too. I uh, think I’ll have mine mashed. :D

13. Queen of Dork says:

BStrange: Oh! :)

14. BStrange says:

Hmm… Or else kitteh likes cooked carrots like one of mine did, and is setting his eye lasers on “fricassee”.

15. Queen of Dork says:

This all reminds me of when Woodie Allen is in a restaurant and orders “alfalfa sprouts and mashed yeast” for a meal in some weird movie. (yum).

16. BStrange says:

QoD: Sounds *hairball khaaacccktth noise* yummy…

17. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!!! says:

@ BStrange:

Literary Geniuses & Their Feeding
    Let me tell you, jistabit, ’bout Ms. QoD’s dietary “selections”:
    liver’n’onions, cabbage, mashed yeast …..

While her wit is **ne plus ultra**
    *SOME* of us (coughcough) have some …howyousay…..difficulties smiling politely, when she describes some of her “cherce” dinners…..

On the bright side, just leaves more chocolate ice cream, for those of us who are…howyousay….more “standard* in our dining selections????

Signed,
    LUV ME SOME QOD

18. BStrange says:

O NO: I take the same sort of amused bleah reaction in stride when I put hot mustard from last week’s Chinese on barbecued chicken (it’s only the people it actually offends with whom I stealth-condimentize), or taco sauce on stir-fried veggies (yes, really). So my reaction should be viewed as humor, not contempt, for what it’s worth. ;)

19. BStrange says:

…Besides, I LIKE bean sprouts… just not yeast. :D

20. Kelly Ann says:

How cute!

I mean…..um….THOSE POOR CARROTS! THEY MUST BE SO ASHAMED!!

21. snorglepup says:

Please don’t “hide it in the vegetable rack and frighten the children”!!
    Baby carrots indeed!!1

22. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!!!! says:

@ BStrange:

“stealth-condimentize” ????????? !!!!! Impressive!!!!

wow, man. like, wow.
    That’s, like, TOtally deep.

And my college & all is grammar, vocab, comprehenshe and foreign languages and literachuah, so….yeh, wow.

23. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!!!! says:

(winky winky all is positive, y’know? “One love” & all that!!!!)

24. Madame X says:

Veg p0rn!!!

25. How do I love thee, NTMTOM, let me count the ways…. Thou ist a Jackson Browne fan – as one would have to be to recall that album (which, incidentally, came out when albums were still albums and was, IMHO, a very good one).

26. Queen of Dork says:

I would like to wish you all a Happy 4th of July. I know it’s early but I may not be able to say so tomorrow. Also, I know I’m off subject but I just would like to wish you all a Happy 4th with this:

27. flutterbye says:

Hey Queen of Dork….AWESOME INDEPENDENCE DAY to you too and thanx for the Jimi Hendrix vid – gave me an idear fer tomorrow. I live in a trailer park in a small mobile home and thought if only (bad me) I could hook my ‘puter up to my stereo, I’d BLAST that out as I’m putting up my flag. Only problem is, it would probably shatter my windows and get my big butt kicked out of here! Hee hee!

28. Queen of Dork says:

Cool flutterbye! I’m glad you liked it! I hope nobody gets mad at me for posting this, but I’ve kind of been jammin’ to Prince right now. This is the only thing I could find of his where it doesn’t say, “Nope. Can’t play this song. Prince is too stuck up and rich to allow you non-rich common people to listen to his awesome music online. So there.” But I love his Royal Purpleness anyway. :)

29. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

…..um, Q????

can you perhaps provide documentation of the songlinks actually SAYING:

“Nope. Can’t play this song. Prince is too stuck up and rich to allow you non-rich common people to listen to his awesome music online. So there.” ???

or am I just whistlin’ “Dixie”, here?

(giggle and ALSO *snerk*)

(but it’s a LOVING *snerk*, REALLY ’tis)

30. Queen of Dork says:

O No: Try yourself with your librarianess self to find a Prince song other than the one I play above. I’m telling you, I would have loved to but they’re all blocked by his Stuck-up-ness.

31. So Thaaaaat’s where baby carrots come from….!