“Bunscotting”

Recently, we were asked if we were “bunscotting” (boycotting bunnehs) on the site. WHERE ARE ALL THE BUNNEHS!?

To that inquisitive reader, we give you “Marshmallow, the disapproving bun:

Photographer and Sender-Inner Michelle C. is a rabbit volunteer with Oakland Animal Services, where Marshmallow is up for adoption!

Comments

1. Willllllllow says:

Awww it’s so cute!

2. BEEP!

like his eyelashes and whiskers :D

3. boogh, boogh! :-)

4. Bunscotting (noun): A decorative trim of small rabbits at the base of an interior wall. Highly disapproving. [See also: what you said.]

5. @Daisyj, I was thinking along the home decor lines, too.

6. 260Oakley says:

This bun has a band. They’re called The Marshmallow Peeps.

7. kibblenibble says:

I am quite taken by Marshmallow’s pink nosie. :-)

8. chanpon says:

Look, Ma – no eyes!

9. victoreia says:

@chanpon–he’s so disapproving, he can’t even look!

10. 260Oakley says:

By the way, it’s not a “bunscot”, it’s a “harecut”.

11. dr.lowem says:

NO EYE BUNNNNNEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

12. TrixandSam says:

@Oakley: not a bunscot, it’s a harecut…. HAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! OMG, I can’t breathe…. HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

I bow, totally winded and gasping, in awe.

13. Makes me want to squeeze all the disapproval out of that squishy bunneh and cuddle wif him all day. Marshmallow is indeed an apt name.

14. Queen of Dork says:

I disapprove of my lack of eyeballs. (harumph).

15. I was also one of the readers who immediately thought of home decorating. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to line my wall half-way up w/disapproving buns…

–bossgripes.com

16. MamaLana says:

So cutely disapproving.

17. That bun is practically all forehead and nose. It’s like a bunny Tiki statue. Buntiki!

18. janet2buns says:

*clicking slide projector to display Marshmallow’s slide* Here we have the lesser known Bunneh carvings of Easterbunneh Island. Notice the lack of eyes and the general inscrutability of the expression. No one knows why or how these giant Bunneh heads were made.

19. knittinkitten says:

Now this a most disapproving bun! What adorable wheeskers he has!

20. I hope the bun bun doesn’t totally disapprove of the pin-striped blanky. Its very distinguished and a nice match for the bunny.
    bunny: hrumph. I wish to point out the blanket requires some pressing therefore I disapprove.

21. It’s Bunday already? And I don;t even have my head pancake ready yet!

22. BStrange says:

janet2buns – Easter (Bunneh) Island’s what I thought of too. That, or that bunscotting sounds like the act of dipping a hybrid sweet bun/biscotti into coffee. Either/or.

This thread gave me the giggles. Well, this thread and the Bun o’ Disapproval up there.

23. Hee hee, Marshmallow, you’re adorable dude. My bunny DeeDee and I hope someone gives you a forever home soon!

24. lol! Not enought buns on CO? I could send in millions, no, zillions of disaproving bunny pictures, I have a super grumpy lop right here!

25. BStrange says:

More bun-ness (unless it’s already on CO and I missed it). Boxhab bunneh!

26. missy p says:

how could such a fantastic bun need a home?? SO CUTE. I hope he’s adopted soon.

27. StormCat says:

It wouldn’t be a good idea for me to take him, as I have 3 Kittehs who would love to make his acquaintence… However, I’d love to nom those long ears!!!

28. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I agree – he’s so disapproving, he can’t even see! !

29. Colonel Jenna says:

Marshmallow would be a perfect pet for someone who was on their own for the first time and strangely homesick for disapproving Parental Units. One look at that face and you’d have all the guilt trip in one neat, furry, nom-able package!

30. So wait. When your disapproval is bigger than your head? That’s cute.

31. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

hey maybe this guy should be the next (wait for it?)

PLAYBOY BUNNEH!!!

(snerk)

32. Bunscotting sounds like wainscotting made out of bunnies. Cute and stylish! Hard to dust, though.

33. Shannon says:

Winner of Most Appropriately Named Critter.

34. Marshmallow ends the lagomorph drought. Thanks, Meg!

35. knittinkitten says:

Just watched the Marshmallow video on their website. Ultimate disapproval at the end when he crosses his pawses! Is it me or does Marshmallow resemble a British judge with his flopsy lopsy ears? (The ones that wear those wigs in court.)

36. Erin R. says:

Oh, bless her solemn little heart. We got a white bunny rabbit last year, but we never thought to name her Marshmallow! Perfect!

37. Hmmm . . . must be one o’ them cave rabbits what lost its eyeballs and all its pigmentation from livin’ exclusively in caves. Michelle C., I reckon you done found a new species!

38. crazywabbit says:

Marshmallow is my foster bunny. He was rescued from a neglectful home and he has been with me since then. He is a happy bunny and very comical. He has been on lots of bunny dates but so far he is very discriminating on finding a wife-bun. So he is still looking! But I am happy to keep him for as long as it takes. And yes, he does have eyes!!!

39. Patches'Adventures says:

Gimme 2 grahamcrackers STAT!

40. Lula Mae says:

I love Marshmallow!
    Bunscotting, however, sounds like a movie with Ewbun McGrogor…

41. bunnybunnybunnybunny! I have missed the bunnies!

42. victoreia says:

Speaking of Marshmallow……yesterday, I saw (wait for it) …… chocolate-swirled marshmallows!

@LulaMae–“Ewbun McGrogor” *snerk*

43. no eyes ? lol

44. rhinokitty says:

@StormCat I have introduced bunnies to cats before. For the most part cats and bunnies can get along very well, as long as the cat doesn’t have a strong prey drive. Big fat mellow cats get along very well with bunnehs!

45. What Andy said.