“When I was a kid, there are two things I wanted badly and never got…”

“…A real dog and a Kenner AT-AT Walker.”

Video and story by Patrick Boivin. Thanks to Sender-Inner Roger. Music by Blithe Field.

Comments

1. Trabb's Boy says:

That was … awesome!

2. Love the Jabba poo….too funny.

3. it’s Patrick Boivin (not Blovin). A fellow montrealer like me woot woot!

And it’s so cute! I want one!

4. Some people have way too much time on their hands.
    And aren’t we lucky they do!
    That was great!

5. BStrange says:

That was cutely surreal.

Next installment: AT-AT Walker spies an AIBO and falls in love?

6. Leilani says:

Ok, call me a scatologist, but I was extremely amused by the Jabba the Hutt poop!

7. Rachael says:

The poop disturbed me but I was otherwise enchanted. :D

8. Katiedid says:

HAHAHA! It shoots at the squirrel!! That was too cute.. I wonder how they made it move so fast at the end.. computer animation??

9. BStrange says:

Leilani: I don’t recall Jabba waving his arms around unless he was agitated about something. So that would mean this isn’t just Jabba poo, it’s angry Jabba poo. Or excited Jabba poo. Either way, I’m disturbed. :eek:
    ;)

10. Fantastic!! So clever and well executed!! I want one!

11. Madame X says:

How’d they DO that?!? :-O

12. Ville de Montreal trash bin! Woo! I KNEW this had ‘clever Montrealer’ written all over it! (Sorry, blowing my city’s horn here-and @Cath21, salut!)
    What a great little vid!

13. So awesome!!!!

14. Love this, what a clever boy.

15. that was so cute and funny! i always wanted an at-at!

16. COOL!!!!

17. What a great great video. It’s very cute but also technically really good. The movements look natural enough to mimic a small dog but also slightly mechanical. It must have taken days or weeks to make. One of the most fun I have seen. Thanks for posting it.

18. 260Oakley says:

RoboPlop

(goes into the corner for a timeout)

19. This is the same talented guy who created the Iron Baby video.

20. I think I’m going to have nightmares about that feces.

21. Rachael says:

That really is an angry Jabba poo! :D

Also, no privacy tail on the doggie? What up with that?

22. I love when he’s “shooting” at the squirrel. Fantastic.

23. @ nads – Thanks I didn’t even notice the Ville de Montreal trash bin!!

Oh! the shame of it!

(Slinking back home to Longueuil head bowed in shame)

24. we have a lot of cool artists in Montréal!

Hey @nads & @Gigi Bonjour à vous 2!
    Patrick Boivin fait toujours des vidéos super cool :o)

25. DO WANT!!! do want soooooooooo much <3 my own little at-at to love forever

26. So clever. So cute.

27. @BStrange… Jabba-poo is about to be deposited in a garbage can (which is where he belongs, but…) no wonder his is “agitated”! :)

28. Naturalady says:

Excellent video, visually delightful, cute, quick, clever, sense of humor fantastic, timing perfection. Loved it. Some rare artists just have IT……. thank you so much for sharing IT with those of us who don’t.

29. i had a wtf moment watching this. :)

30. LyndaLu says:

So cute.

31. That was so awesome I think half my brain exploded.

32. This vid is the definition of redonkulusness!! Love eet!

33. just wondering…am i the only one seeing funny characters throughout the posts and comments? or did the fonts on my laptop change? hmmm…

34. So funny, I had tears in my eyes! X’-D

The Jabba poo is priceless…brilliant idea!

35. flutterbye says:

LOL! Brilliant and entertaining!

36. MamaLana says:

What on Earth?………………

37. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever squeed over a mechanical toy. Loved it! Too bad the poo drove me to gouge out my eyes.

38. XD Jabba poo.

39. I know I must be old because the sight of sentient poo just makes me go “WTF.”

40. OMG – Love eet! This guy is a genius, I must post it on my Fb as soon as I get home!

41. knittinkitten says:

Now this was worthy of CO! Really well done!

42. BStrange says:

chook – Nope, no font weirdness here.

Oakley’s RoboPlop made me put my head on my desk until I could quit laughing, too.

43. That is one of the most precious things I’ve ever seen!!!!!! What a cute and awesome idea!!!!!! I love it!!!!

44. Creative, but it sort of reminded me how I wanted a cat for the first 16 years of my life, but all my parents would let me have was a hamster. And goldfish. Which died b/c I forgot to feed them.

Maybe it’s a good idea I never got a cat…

–bossgripes.com

45. chanpon says:

Did the AT-AT lick his invisible bits? (O_o)

46. Karebear says:

Hahah Jaba the poop made me laugh!

47. Makes me want to send my dog owner friends a pair of Techno Trousers.

48. AuntieMame says:

Yes, he did, chanpon. LOL!

Loved Jabba the poo, too. :D :D :D

49. Kackley33 says:

Is that an Armored Transport or a Tactical Enforcer?

50. Lerrinus says:

*falls off chair laughing* Nicely done! :lol:

51. aquasaline says:

that was SO not warm and fuzzy (’nuff ’nuff huff hmmmphf)

52. Wow! Thanks for turning me on to this guy’s work. He’s a genius…

53. BStrange says:

aquasaline Neither are snails. (http://cuteoverload.com/2005/12/31/snailio_flipboo/) To each their own cutesplode!

54. annoyinglittletwerp says:

Hey Meg: I still own some of the ORIGINAL Star Wars Cards that came out in the 1970’s-early 1980’s.
    It was fun being a little kid then.

55. Patrick Boivin wins the internet.

I HAD that Jabba the Hutt figure when I was a kid. And it did look rather poo-like.

This reminds me of another vid that I saw not too long ago (was it on CO?). Instead of AT-AT as dog, it’s dog as AT-AT:

56. toolfan1987 says:

Is this an elaborate marionette puppet or what? I have to know.

57. ROFL! That´s sooooo genius. :)

58. Ricalynn says:

Would any of the Star Wars ubergeeks here care to fill in the uninitiated here on the origins of the AT AT? Kthx (I remember them quite well, but it appears we have a few folks scratching their heads…

59. Patches'Adventures says: