*sigh* Tourists.

On the plus side, Boris remembered to remove his shoes before eating. However, he negated his own gesture when he sat on the plate and – worse – asked the chef for soy and wasabi.

Eh, Neu got 2 out of 3, Lottie P.

Comments

1. Poor Boris! Adorable as he is, his palate is hopelessly unrefined. He once garnished a glass of milk with a lemon wedge.

2. If you knew Sushi like I knew Sushi…

3. He then pointed to his next sashimi selection with his chopsticks. Then proceeded to tuck said chopsticks behind his ears. The waitress spilt his hot sake on him UNintentionally.

4. Poor Boris! On the upside, if sushi always came with a side of yummy hammyness, it would be the ONLY thing on my diet plan. Right!?

5. victoreia says:

*snicker*

and Gigi, it’s a good thing I wasn’t drinking my coffee!

6. kibblenibble says:

Translucent ears and delicate wheeskers! *sigh*

I know how Boris feels; sometimes when eating steak, I want to request ketchup, but I refrain, because the request is usually met with condescension. :-(

7. knittinkitten says:

Boris, please remember it’s good manners to use your utensils and not your cute little pawses when eating!

8. What knittinkitten said – especially when it comes to the wasabi. That STINGS.

9. Especially if you rub your eyes before washing your hands. Or sometimes even if you wash your hands.

10. i made sushi for my hammy’s birthday this year!! actually i made a whole japanese themed dinner – come on CO – post eet!! post eet!! :D

11. Neu is great! A lucky ham too!!! Lottie found him in a container of white mice being sold in a flea market or something. The guy selling the mice wouldn’t believe her when she tried telling him there was a hamster in there with the mice. She was so great and rescued poor little Neu who is now happily, and very hyper-ily keeping her on her toes with his energy ;-)

12. BStrange says:

He is very mousy-looking with his dainty little face and wheeskers! Definitely ham-shaped in his other photos though. Lucky Lottie (and lucky Neu)!

Also, what’s wrong with wasabi and soy? *backs away slowly* What, whadIsay? ;)

@kibblenibble – I like weird sauces on things. Hot mustard on barbecued chicken, mmmm. If stealth saucing’s required, fast-food ketchup packets in a sandwich baggie in my pocket work (so I can re-hide them without a stain). When an opportunity presents itself, I open packet under cover of hand, squeeze some on the plate where it’s not obvious, re-pocket the packet, and nom. ;)

Now, if I still had a pocket-hammie of my own these days, I’d just train him to do it for me and take him along. :D Condiment-ninja ham, works for peanuts (or parsley).

13. Is that a hamster or a mouse? I’m confused. And as the daughter of a sushi chef, you are supposed to have soy sauce and wasabi and ginger with every sushi meal, nothin’ wrong with that.

14. maybudha says:

awwwwwwwwwww. you are sooo cute Boris.

15. LoveyKittyMum says:

The Earsies!!!! The Earsies!!!!

And that one Feetsie!!!!!!

16. Oooh, may I just say how much I LOVE that the color of the pretty aqua plate is reflected in the pretty eyes of Boris/Neu, International Ham About Town?!

17. BStrange says:

Ack… I think I killed it, it’s not showing up. :(

18. BStrange says:

Whew, there we go. MiT, if that last lot even went into the system at all, just flush ‘em all. Slightly-epic typo fail… or something; the “not showing up” showed up but nothing else does. :oops:

Let’s try this again:

@Rattie: I think he’s a Chinese hamster, they’re known for looking mouse-like. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_hamster

19. BStrange says:

Ok, I give up. That post shows up, all my other posts show up, but the actual post-post doesn’t? Not even as a “modded post”. I thought the site was having issues but now I’m not sure… Halp.

20. BStrange says:

Ok, one more try. I hope all the posts that went into oblivion don’t show up in a few hours! Neu looks like a Chinese Hamster, wikipedia it – they are known for looking mouselike.

21. BStrange says:

YAY.

Apparently CO or WordPress hated some par of that post’s content with a passion.Even with the typo corrected the post wouldn’t show up, not even as “in moderation”. *clueless*

22. BStrange says:

…Irony. We has it. “part”.

23. kibblenibble says:

BStrange: Thanks! Great stealth-saucing tip! To think, I’ve never thought of that on my own! :-)

24. BStrange says:

Good grief, no wonder my brain died. I looked down at my desk and realized I’m literally dripping sweat, the A/C’s out again. Someone call me the Tech Support Ham, stat! Or maybe Neu could do it; it’d help pay for his sushi habit. ;) I also missed the hovertext until just now, so now I’m snickering over that. He does match, except for the ears! A little soy sauce’ll fix that nicely…

kibblenibble: weird tastes + dining with overly image-sensitive people = the mother of invention. You’re welcome. :)

25. I live in a popular tourist destination state, and always roll my eyes and mutter “tourists” when I have to take the highway on Fridays, or weekend holidays. I’ve had my fair share of having to give directions to lost tourists. That hammy ( Syrian hamster breed) is such a cutie, and so dainty. I love to watch my hammies nibble, nibble, and somehow be very neat at it.

26. must be yummy

27. Hey people, Neu is a baby Syrian hamster. Lottie got him a couple of weeks ago.

28. BStrange says:

@Nehama V – Thanks! He’s one of the cutest hamsters I have ever seen – although I admit I’m not an impartial judge. I used to have mice and hamsters, and he combines the best features of the two in the pic above. :)

29. Mod-in-Training says:

[@bstrange

YARGHLEHLEH!

i've summoned all my old temp job filing skills and i am still flummoxed! i have no idea which post is your final answer:

5:08
    5:10
    5:11
    5:19
    5:20
    5:21
    5:24

--M.i.T.

p.s. and to think i once paid good money to feel this dizzy.]

30. knittinkitten says:

Maybe he is the most elusive of creatures: half hammie and half mousie. All cute!

31. BStrange says:

MiT: *scrolls up… stares… does an impression of Munch’s “The Scream*

YIKES. They’re ALL there now. I was afraid that was gonna happen when I realized my posts were going into limbo. I still have no idea how that kept happening even after I cleared cookies and fixed the typo. Linkless posts showed, but anything with links didn’t, not even as “in moderation”… Bizarre.

Um, well. My timestamps aren’t synching so, keep my #20, and any or all of my 17-19, and 21-24, can be thrown to the hamsters to keep ‘em out of the site’s works. How’s that?

Sorry about the dizzy spell! Yeeg. :oops:

32. Aaaw that’s my hammy! Yay! :D
    He is bigger than on this picture now, he is a syrian hamster, not a chinese one,
    but he is a pretty small syrian, which is why he can be confused with a mouse (minus the tail!).
    thanks so much for posting this Cute Overload!

@ Nehama V.: Thanks Nini for explaining Neu’s story!

33. CO is a good place for megacute Neu! :)

34. Rachael says:

The earses and the feetses!!!!!

35. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

BStrange:

“There, there dear” (*pats you on the hands*)

“Soon, it will all be okay again. So, tell me about your relationship with your mother, dear, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???”

Signed,
    I KNOW how internetnotcooperatingweirdnessfeels.
    Typewriters were *MUCH* less argumentative (mostly)

with much love,
    Me, Myself & I

36. BStrange says:

O NO: ^ *is old enough to remember electric typewriters that sounded like an aging refrigerator while they idled… and misses them!*

A Backspace key might be more convenient than White-Out, but I don’t remember getting nearly as bent out of shape over a 5-key pileup or a ribbon bind as I do when a computer gives me guff. Then again, I could fix those when they happened. :roll:

*extracts rogue CO Cable-eating Hamster from beneath RAM stick; stamps it Parsley Due and mails it back to CO* ……Or maybe I’m just confusing my CEH’s with my Tech-hams again.

@Lottie: Thanks! He’s definitely the most mouse-faced hamster ever in this pic, I love it. And I love the story of how you got him, too! Pets enter our lives in such unexpected ways, sometimes.

37. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

@ BStrange:

related= typewriters.

This set of maintenance type concerns….is why I WILL ONLY ever purchase (and hopefully will only ever drive) STANDARD transmishe automobiles.

I know, I”m getting ridiculously & hopelessly off-topic of cute white hammousies eating their sushi. sorry, pholks!!

Peace, manual typewriters and manual transmission 240 Z’s to all.

(me da’ really did own/ drive one. Enjoyed slathering *OLDSCHOOL* Turtle PASTE wax all over that babyk every Sat., AFTER finishing mowing the lawn so the cuttings wouldn’t mar the 240, dontchaknow.
    beeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuutiful piece o’ machinery, that. sigh)

38. Rattie, it’s my understanding that asking for wasabi, especially if you mix it with your soy sauce, can be insulting to the chef. It implies that he doesn’t know how to season the dishes with wasabi properly.

39. BStrange says:

MiT, for the comment-culling – THANK YOU. And I shall do my best to never, ever do… whatever the heck I did to make that happen… ever again. :eek:

and O NO – But you can’t shoot and drive without an automatic tranny. (A bag of cookies to anyone who recognizes that quote.) …Ok, I’m done. ;)

40. I think we totally need to get that guy who does step-by-step gourmet meals for his hamsters to do a sushi dinner next. Or has he done it already?

Damn. Now I’m hungry for sushi!

–bossgripes.com

41. In the movie My Neighbor Totoro they also hve dustbunnies, and they are extremely cute!!!