If Kittehs Played the World Cup…

Urlesque sent us this gem that asks: what if kittehs played soccer!? [Wayne’s World hand-waving motions]

What, no hamsters with screeching Vuvuzelas!?

Comments

1. This one is just beautiful. I’ve long thought a kitty hockey league would be really popular, if we could get skates on their hind paws.

2. Queen of Dork says:

That was really cute.

3. Jennidy says:

Well for one they’d make terrible goalies.

4. chanpon says:

The last kitty did a decent job on goal tending. The others need a lot more practice. :s

5. BStrange says:

I like the lurking spe-cat-ator in the rear right near the end.

6. willoywind says:

One of those kitties is a Kitler! :-)
    I love the cat at the beginning who just sits and watches it all unfold in front of him.

7. Ilove hoe the one was all curled up in the “goal” at the beginning. Just so typically a “cat” thing to do.

8. Sporkles says:

I do believe that sitting on top of the goal is not a FIFA-approved tactic.

9. If kitties held their own World Cup, they’d call it the World Saucer (of Milk).

10. victoreia says:

Scoring could be problematic…

11. those Japanese. Scoring for the win in cute once more.

BTW, I’m fascinated by that white spot on the ref’s tail.

12. Martha in Washington says:

Which do the kitties love more–the ball or the box?

13. Loving goalie-cat’s somersault after ref-cat slipped one it. hehe

14. knittinkitten says:

Love the kitteh soccer match! Did the one in the corner get send to the sidelines because of a foul? How is it they have four kitties and no cat hair on the floor? I have one and can’t sweep enough!

15. kibblenibble says:

I think two of them have short tails! ☺

16. BStrange says:

kibblenibble: I’m pretty sure the inventor of the Roomba must have owned cats, if that helps. :D Cleaning AND entertainment: http://cuteoverload.com/2008/11/22/kitty-roomba-in/

17. BStrange says:

erps. Brain transposed the names. that was “knittinkitten” not “kibblenibble”, sorry!

18. kibblenibble says:

BStrange, I can see how you could transpose our names. They’re very similar. BTW I think I need a Roomba. ;-)

19. dixiechick says:

That is just about the funniest, and cutest thing I have seen in a long time….I love cats. I have 2 myself but they don’t play kitty soccer! lol

20. OMG that is brilliant! Somebody ought to do a proper football reporter narrative on that…. :)

21. Hmmm. I’m a little rusty on my FIFA (Feline International Football Association) rules. Is it legal to frighten the opposing goalie out of their net?

22. Agreed, this video needs that typical BBC commentary.

“Kittay’s go’ the ball … he’s in a good persition ter shoo’ … he shoo’s … an’ ‘e scaws!!! Whatta grea’ goal!!!”

23. Mary (the first) says:

Loved at 1:10 when the goalie did a total 180 within the box! Great maneuver!

24. Mary (the first) says:

p.s. and I hate to admit it but I did not know what a vuvuzela is.. and now I do.. thank you!

25. Now this, I would watch. It belongs on Animal Planet. We’ve got the Puppy Bowl, we need the Kitty Cup! (Though, “World Pup” has a far better ring to it. But, drat it, give cats a turn!)

26. earlybird1 says:

“Opposable thumb!! My kingdom for an opposable thumb!”

27. bookmonstercats says:

I’d rather watch the kittehs than the World Cup.

28. carolina says:

FINALLY!! A team sport I like. Especially the ball spotting
    BEHIND the goal as well as the backboard.
    Where can I get season tickets?

29. 260Oakley says:

Today’s floofball match has beeen canceled because one of the teams had to scratch.

30. Biscuit Tin says:

Cheating kitty moves the goal around 2:00. “Ho-hum, nothing to see here. I’m just going to rub against this [shove, shove] like any regular cat would do in a totally random and cat-like manner….”

31. Those kittehs have skillz!! I’m impressed!

32. Space Cowgirl says:

Goalkeeper Kitty is all “I’m not your goalie, I’m trying to take a nap here.”

33. and i doubt there are no injuries when kittehs play soccer!

(well, maybeh some hurt kitteh pride but thazzit.)

34. TrixandSam says:

@ Oakley shoots… and scores!!!!

Love the kitties lurking behind the wall.

35. Kitteh Cup .. Party On … Excellent.

Plays air guitare and runs away!

36. Oh my goodness, I love the background kitties just as much as the main players! Who knew one little ball could amuse so many?

37. I’m always amazed by how Japanese houses can have all these cats and yet such clean floors.

38. Those are the best uniforms, EVAH!!!!

39. Okay, I want to see this with the guys who make cats talk commentating. Seriously.

40. I wish this was a livestream webcam. I could watch those kitties all day long!

41. I call offsides at 1:04.

42. Welshcake says:

If I cared about football (which I don’t) then I would probably say something about how it would benefit the England team if some of those kittehs played for us…

43. I like how at the beginning the goalie was the kitten with a slightly different colored coat.

44. Melinda says:

Infinitely more entertaining than the World Cup. Hey, they have the Puppy Bowl during the Super Bowl, how about this for World Cup?

45. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-hab. For the lot of them.

46. Christy says:

Needs more Vuvuzela!

47. Just what I need for a Monday morning! Hahahahahahaha! What’s with the talio bum-rings?

48. Damn, blair. Beat me to it…

49. they score!!!!!!

50. I vote they make a tv channel of cats playing 24/7. It would be 10xs more entertaining then some of the trash they show on tv nowadays!

51. :lol: I would just love to watch Kitty Soccer :lol: