Wisecrack that Whip!

Want to tell off your boss? Need to put that snotty waiter in his place? If you’re too timid to do it yourself, call the humiliation experts at Tongue Lashing, Inc.! Once our trained abuse agents whip them into shape, they’ll know they’ve been licked!

Pthpthpthoto credit: ellenm1

Comments

1. Janet in Cambridge says:

Maybe he’s related to Darwin’s Moth.

2. I can think of a few cats who would LOVE to get their paws on this tongue.

3. To the devil with ye, I am an anteater. :P

4. wiggles says:

:P

5. victoreia says:

*snicker* Love the hovertext, Mike!

6. 260Oakley says:

I hear two teams of anteaters competed in the World cup and ended up tongue tied.

7. lol hovertext

8. Is hovertext tongue in cheek?

9. This is fantastic! Love that hover text.

10. Is it wrong to say I want one? Just imagine, you take it for a walk, AND it will get fed at the same time.

11. Queen of Dork says:

Holy Crap and Wow! There must be 73 gazillion taste buds on there.

12. I want to print this out, laminate it, and just hold it up in front of my face instead of replying to people who say ridiculous and annoying things to me.
    The ones who are just turds will flounce off; the ones who are reasonable humans having a Moment of Duh will laugh, and in both cases I will be happier.

13. flutterbye says:

Hovertext and story = WIN!

LOL Gigi and Oakley!

14. To be fair I believe that waiters probably have to deal with 1000 snotty customers for every time they come across as snotty. But that is an adorable little anteater!

15. Jerilyn says:

When a problem comes along… you must whip it! Nice Devo reference!

16. Epic tailio!

17. cafegrrl says:

Oh my, look at that tongue. LOL~!

18. AuntieMame says:

Pthpthpthoto credit. :D

*wipes monitor*

19. I never realized it, but that’s one f*ckin’ weird looking animal. Jebus, look at him!

20. Hey big guy……..whataya doin tonight…..

21. MoonCatty says:

Where oh where is a nice long hollow tree limb filled with deelishous ants when the munchies hit?

22. BStrange says:

Oakley: The mental image of a gang of anteaters all yarnballed together by their tongues made me laugh until I cramped. :D

Hovertext (and Pthpthpthoto) win. Also, his tail looks like a stingray.

23. Am I the only one who thought of Devo’s “Whip It” after reading the title?

…Give the past a slip.

24. Hon Glad says:

I won’t be approaching Anthony Eater for the office whip round, for Sue in accounts.

25. @ Hon Glad: I thought Sue works in legal.

26. Bookmonstercats says:

What beautiful fur (hair?) and markings. I want to sink my fingers right into it and scritch him to death. However, I assume anteaters have vary large claws, to break nests open, so perhaps not.

27. Bookmonstercats says:

“vary”? I can spell, I just can’t type. “Very”.

28. BStrange says:

Bookmonstercats – Apparently giant anteaters do more fleeing than fighting, but they do have a respectable set of meathooks (termitehooks? bughooks?) if they need to defend themselves. Since they have a sort of “knuckle-walk” default position they aren’t stuck out in front and obvious.

I’d risk the scars to scritch one, myself, although my preferred anteatingcritter is the pangolin (aka The artichoke that walks like an anteater.). Maybe we can start an Anteaters Anonymous chapter, here. :D

Also, I like Sarah’s idea, I could use one of those. “*paper rustles* Talk to the anteater, bub.”

29. Katrina says:

Yes, if I could have a tail, this is the one I want.

30. Birdcage says:

If you’ve got the tongue, honey, I’ve got the ants! (isn’t there a Willie Nelson song that goes something like that???) I have got so many ants in my lawn this season, I could use an anteater!!!!!!

31. @QoD, that’s because ants have such a complex palette of flavors. ;)

32. tracylee says:

Please tell me his name is Gene?

33. Hon Glad says:

Timo : Sue transfered to accounts two months ago but she can’t ad-up, so this is her leaving whip round.

34. what a beautiful creature — soo beautiful

35. DewiCasgwent says:

Is it me or does it look like the retraction spring has jammed and the tounge is stuck, (pats anteaters back gently to help tounge retract)

36. i kind of want to touch his tail.

37. Anteaters are somewhat less ambiguous in their disapproval than, say, your average lop. The rabbits, of course, disapprove of the anteaters’ immaturity. The anteaters then disapprove of the rabbits’ disapproval, and the rest of us smirk awkwardly whenever the rabbits speak through the rest of dinner. It’s all very civilized.

38. Elisha B. says:

Whoa buddy……

39. @DewiCasgwent, the next generation of anteaters will have one of those buttons like vacuum cleaners and blow dryers– you push the button and the tongue will forcefully retract and roll itself up (flap flap flappity flap). :P

40. @blair, excellent analysis.

41. I’m thinking of a long strand of spaghetti. Shshshhshhsshsluuurrrp…

42. BStrange says:

llism – Fluffy sideburns and an earnest collie-face. Gotta love it.

By the way, when you said “pangolin mug” I was picturing something like this: http://www.cafepress.com/+pangolin+mugs …Which is not AS cute, but since I can’t have a real one… Sadly, this mug does not eat ants. Like Birdcage, I could use the help. :eek:

Hon Glad, bwahaha! And I’d happily offer my local ant supply for that whip-round.

43. …Can you tie it in a knot, can you tie it in a bow?

44. Hon Glad says:

Ith jutht watht my thung and I canth do a thingth with ith.

45. Hon Glad says:

That should probably be “myth thung anth ith canth” etc

46. Brilliant! Thank you. :>

47. BStrange says:

Can you throw it over your shoulder… Flap flappity flap flap. *hums* I think Nina and Theresa should team up to record a new anteater smash hit.

Hon Glad – I actually sat here and tried to say that with my tongue stuck out (after making sure no one was in earshot, though I did get a weird look through the window). First version was closer. :D

48. Awwwww. Ewwwwww. Awwwwww. Ewwwwww. Awwwwww.

49. Andy the anteater has just washed his tongue and can’t do a thing with it;
    He has decided to let it air-dry…….! :wink:

50. Nice tongue, he looks squishy too!

51. actually…plump is a better word lol

52. Hon Glad says:

Bstrange: I hope you wiped the monitor down afterwardthhhh.

53. BStrange says:

Yethhhhh. ;)

54. lol @ occula! My thoughts exactly!!!

55. Ali-baba says:

If the cream sits out too long, you must whip it!

oooo..ants wif cream..quite the delicacy I hear! :-)

56. This one must be an amazing kisser!
    If I had a tongue like that, women would never leave my house.