“Show us your tongue”

This little puglette is quite happy to show his miniature tongue action. See what happens when he is prompted (in Polish!)

Love the little mouth crackling sounds, Sender-Inner Jessica L.

Comments

1. Pokaż język! hahaha!

2. Classic baroo! He’s thinking, “What’s the big deal, it’s just a tongue. I use it to lick my junk.”

3. dat is one cute pup!

4. connoiseur-of-cute says:

Show your tongue! Show your tongue!

What a darling puglette. I want heem!

5. Cute little pugs….they always look so horribly inbred and cross-eyed :-)

6. hahaha…. puggy doggy

7. Methinks there is a little button behind pugette’s ear and when pressed, out pops his tongue. Seriously cute bébé.

8. Mary (the first) says:

Very sweet!

9. Hon Glad says:

Slurpity thrup sploop, must be Puglish for something.

10. Marty Feldman eyes!!

11. I’m not a huge fan of pugs in general, but the black ones are always adorable.

12. BStrange says:

Ever since a CO post caption compared the pugflowers ( http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/31/blooming-doom/ ) to cicadas, that’s what these black pugs remind me of, because the black one looked disturbingly cicada-like to me.

Apparently we’ve discovered the rare and wondrous push-button cicada tongue!

13. Poor little mutant

14. He might be sticking out his tongue because he’s having a hard time breathing through his squished in face. I’ve seen many adult pugs that wheeze all the time.

15. What Hepcat said. He is cute but I always feel sorry for pugs :(

16. Lookin’ at first, throwin’ to third.

17. Is it just me or does that tongue seems a little big for that tiny pug!

18. Oh pugsters. You will always have my heart.

19. What a great name for a tinee puppeh!

20. Saffron says:

Prosh mini-baroo at 0.11

What an adorable pug!!

21. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

1) Paul has the scientific optometry diagnosis squared away (with a sports analogy, for extra credit!!!).
    2) Tinneeeee Pugulosity named MAXIMUS set in motion, the few remaining gears in me noggin…..One of my very best (mischevious and very very — “how you say ” — clevair.)….human friends has been allowed to house, to feed and to daily praise the honors and cuteness of a small wrinkly fellow rumored to be associated with the Shar Pei Boyyyyzzzzzzzzzzz gang…and my friend Newt chose the “Tag” “ANGUS” for said puppeh. Which is what SPRANG into me noggin, when lookin at the “Show us your tongue” / Polish puppeh.

Note: the following image *IS NOT* a photo of The Angus. Howsomever, I felt it was representative of His Profound Powers of Wrinkliness (and Angus=Shar Pei)
    …..to wit:. Please to enjoy the Awesomeness. Thank you all for participating.

22. usagi-chan says:

That is seriously cute. :)

23. Lillith says:

Prosh pug, and it’s nice to hear Polish being spoken, I don’t hear it much since my grandpa passed.

24. marthava says:

Who is “Shanzy” and why do they want him to “poke” him/her? :)

25. Tiny tiny dog, named “Maximus.”
    Of course.
    LOVE it.

26. Chihgirl says:

!Que bonito!

27. priceless!

28. Awww saw this little guy last year. I can watch this video into oblivion.

29. Poor pugs, bred with squashed in faces so they can’t breathe properly, all for the ‘cute’ look. I think it’s horrible.

30. @Paul, the old high school play! Unfortunately Balkin’ Bob Davidson is umpiring behind the plate today! :lol:

31. flutterbye says:

*beep* to cute black button nose! LOL “Marty Feldman eyes” and Paul’s baseball analogy….

32. I love the pug video, but am I the only wondering if the dog was just sticking out his tongue @ regular intervals that only happened to coincide w/the Polish instructions? Just a thought. I wonder if he knows French, too…

–bossgripes.com

33. I have nothing against the Polish language but wouldn’t “Pug Latin” have been more fitting ?

34. I’m not a big pug lover, but I never knew they were made of velveteen! dawwww.

35. Mudbug For the WIN!

he is adorable in hig Puggly way!

36. I forgot to add pugs have Pugsanality.

37. shannomo says:

“The origin of the pug.
    It is stated in ancient chinese documents, that short-nosed dogs existed in China at the time of Confucius, at around 700 BC. After the days sport, the bigger dogs followed the master’s chariot, while the small and short-nosed dogs where carried in the carts.”
    I don’t think we people owned by Pugs are responsible at this point for their “squashed” faces that Sashy refers to. All the pugs I know are sweet and spoiled like my two little “monkey faced, smoochy woochy, snuggle ems. It’s true they have some special needs, but a lot of dog’s do. Over heating is the biggie, but we just work around that in the summer heat, they’re not “outside” dogs.

38. Having Polish relatives, I can truthfully say, that the Prosh Liddol Puppeh just might be comprised of a certain amount of Polish Ham…..!
    (I recognize the symptoms, totally……) :roll:

39. I have now watched ALL Maximus videos on youtube and he officially RULEZ! Love you, little pugsy bear!

40. @ Theresa, I thought for a sec you had said the ump was Balkan Bob Davidson, and I was wondering if you were worried about a potential conflict of interest due to some kind of Slavic/Balkan rivalry (and, yes, I do recognize that Bob Davidson would be a somewhat unusual Balkan name…). :D

41. @Cath, yes, as a matter of fact, he was born Bobislav Dwdsovcsz, and is the scion of a long line of Serbo-Slovenian baseball umpires. His father, Ronicswlcz, came to national prominence in the 1950s for his deadly feuds with Ted Kluszewski and Stan Musial 8O

42. Cuteful! I love his tongue.

43. Maximus is the King of Pugs!

44. Looks just like the puppy from the Golden Book Series titled “The Pokey Little Puppy”. Anyone else remember that one?

45. @Itsme – I totally remember “The Pokey Little Puppy” Golden Book!
    And Maximus is a cutie – ALMOST as adorable as my little pug…my dad gets a kick out of asking my nephews if Scrappy (my pug) is “cute or ugly?” My nephews like to say he is ugly because of the reaction they get from my dad. I always say it doesn’t matter if everyone else thinks he’s ugly, because I think he’s adorable!! :)

46. HanksMom says:

I don’t typically like mouth noises from any species. But I’ve completely retooled my mouth noises opinion. So *smack*crackle*crunch*crunch* darn *smack* crunch* cute.

47. BStrange says:

Itsme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poky_Little_Puppy Yes! :D He does have kind of a puggish nose and tail, although given his coloration I don’t think that was intentional. Still cute though.

48. I am a total cat person, but whenever I see a pug I just melt into a puddle of goo. Pugs are the BEST. And this one is just the most adorabuhlsome ever. *dies* :D

49. omg .. i agree with meg. i couldn’t get enough of the little “mouth crackling sounds”. OMG!

50. blair knight says:

so adorable!

51. TrixandSam says:

@marthava (#24): the woman holding Maximus is coaxing him to show his tongue.
    Pokaż = show
    język = tongue

@Theresa (#41): FTW!!! bravo, esp the reference to Ted K. Now that’s a Polish last name!

52. LovesDogs says:

Maxium no speekee or understandeee deee eeengleessh.

53. @TrixandSam, on the squirrel-in-a-can post, some of us were discussing being BS’ed by our dads. That was exactly the same kind of nonsense my dad would spout to me all day long, so I come by it honestly. ;)

54. BStrange says:

Dads and older siblings just can’t seem to resist telling a whopper to the younguns…

And Jess – “uglycute” is my classification for, among other things, smooshyfacecat kittens, pug pups, hippos, rhinos, andsoonandsoforth. Because part of me says “gah! no!” and part says “AWWWWwhosawiddlesweetienow?!” and makes that first part want to barf discreetly behind its hand. :razz:

55. SareeBerriBoo says:

OMG! Watch this lil puppeh’s other vids…*squee!* Max and the grape….lol

56. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

Just another tidbit of information:

Boston Terriers and Pugs are NOT related. Boston Terriers are an American breed. While they have the same skull structure, they are not genetically close as a breed.

You all wanted to know that, I know. :)

57. Jessicat says:

I can’t resist a pug face!