“Heeeerrrre, kitty-kitty-naive-kitty-kitty…”

I don’t know…Maybe he just wants to be my friend? Oh, why am I complicating things?  I’m sure it will be fine…right? I mean, the damn hamster has a brain the size of a walnut! What could he possibly do.

Chase seems like a bit of a scaredy cat, Annie G.  Photo by Mike C.

Comments

1. pretty stripes!

2. i love that face. it’s like my rafter, who constantly looks slightly scared.

3. you need to be kissed

4. Walnut??? Try peanut! :-D

5. ouchie!! kitty soooo snuggable

6. I’ll protect you, Chase! Just come jump into my pocket…

7. Great hover comment!!

8. kibblenibble says:

This picture is gorgeous! Soft-focus background, back-lit kitteh. The home is beautiful, too. I love the colors. All that said, the timid, worried kitteh reminds me of my George. Although he’s now 20 pounds of solid, healthy cat, he’s frightened of any new unfamiliar thing. I blame this partially on the fact that he’s an inside-only kitteh, and I don’t have many visitors to get him accustomed to strangers. I think it’s also because he was abandoned and in the shelter when I adopted him at 6 months old. He had a hard childhood, poor li’l fella. ♥

9. @kibblenibble – I have several kittehs that, like your George, are frightened of anything new. They all came to me either as foster cats or were strays in my backyard, so I don’t know their backgrounds or what they went through before they came to me. Regardless, when the doorbell rings, it’s like a cat stampede to hide under the beds. It always makes me laugh, but I know it’s not funny to them. Bad mama… 0.o

And yes, it is a lovely photo and adorable kitteh!

10. Oh I could just eat that stripey arm!! My kitty is terrified of all things also. She HATES loud noises – probably due to the oh so quiet house she lives in regularly. She hides in the bathtub during thunderstorms since she’s not allowed in the bedroom. Sad, but cracks me up

11. BStrange says:

Such perfect facial markings to look unsure! Aww. I want to hug all of Chase’s worries away. *attempts to hug monitor*

FfZzzzZzzZzZzt… *experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

…Darn it, that just doesn’t work. Anyone know how to mail a hug?

meanwhile:

Kitten by the desk
    What makes you look so worried?
    “Hamster knows kung fu.”

12. I’m getting flashbacks of the house falling on the wicked witch. Maybe the wizard can find some courage for this little one.

Wait, is that the lollipop guild in the background?

Seriously, I loved those crossed paws too! “Pay no attention to those claws behind the curtain!”

13. TINEEEEEEEEEEY TABEEEEEEEEEY!

(Someone had to say it.)

(Yes, it’s definately Friday at 4pm right now.)

14. BStrange says:

kibblenibble and ceejoe – I found this during my Maru-fest yesterday:

1:41. I laughed until I hurt. :D

15. catlover says:

REdonkulous kitteh, i want to pick him up and snuggle him. But what is the joke, and what is that strange object lying in the foreground, obscured by the depth of field? Someone please explain to me?

16. BStrange says:

@catlover: It looks awfully like the front legs and paws of a luurkening cat waiting to sproingen our semi-suspecting hero, there. Perhaps the caption-mentioned hamster’s feline muscle-for-hire?

17. victoreia says:

[flying blur] [snatches kitteh]

18. kibblenibble says:

BStrange: Thanks for the Maru vid link. Now I think I know where my George gets his timid nature. I was waiting for what was going to happen at 1:41, but I still jumped when Maru did! Then I laughed at myself. :lol:

19. domanato says:

haha he looks frightened at the sight of the hamster.

20. Hon Glad says:

Looks like he’s trying to sneak past mom to get outside.

21. Ruby Ruby says:

Oh that face! Oh that paw! Oh that tiny little mouf! I need to squeeeeeze him!!!

22. Queen of Dork says:

*feels a swoosh of air and looks around confusedly*

Hey! Where’d the kitten go? Where’s the kitt…Victoreia!

23. Don’t let that kitteh fool you, he’s packing a Maru cannon.

24. victoreia says:

“Someone called me?” *polishing halo of innacence*

25. Queen of Dork says:

victoreia: *looks over cat-eyed rhinestone glasses* I see right through that doe-eyed look, missy. And by the way, the kitteh is rolling your halo down the hall.

26. awwwwww! I wanna hold!

27. chanpon says:

Sneak-o-kitty effectiveness rating: 10.

28. :D Come here, Chase :D I will protect you :D I will give lots and lots of loving :D

29. Excellent photography, mind-numbingly cute kittayn and superb caption. What a way to start my day!

30. Hahaha, oh you guys desperately need a like button for some of these posts. :)

31. Teensy tabby reconnaissancing for Tech. Teho
    :’-(

32. victoreia says:

[muttering] Dang duct tape!

33. What a beautiful photograph! I agree with KibbleNibble.

34. :lol: Queen of Dork cuddles the little tabby kitty while victoreia fixes her halo :lol:

35. Queen of Dork says:

Teresa: he-he!

36. O NO he (she/it) DI-unt says:

QOD & Victoriea (sp?): BWA HA & furthermore, HA

(halo of innocence…polishing….Q looking over rhinestone spectacles, “lil’ Missy”…)

Bwa. ha. ha.

37. Not falling for it! Face might look innocent but he is allllll trouble! Love it.

38. :lol: Teresa comes in and starts kissing the little tabby kitty on his head while Queen of Dork cuddles him and joins in the kissing while victoreia tries to get her halo to stay over her head :lol:

39. omg!!! that is the most cutiest kittie i have ever seen !!!!!!!!!! i love it all the way hollar!!!!! `~~~~ ODORABLE~~~

40. THAT IS THE MOST UGLIEST KITTEN RAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT TO SET IT ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

41. Most perfect mouseover caption ever.