Chelsea Tries the Subtle Approach

“Hey, Mom, now that it’s summer, I was thinking about getting a hobby. You know, get outside and commune with Nature, and I was thinking, just off the top of my head, that maybe you and Dad could buy me some scuba diving equipment. Nothing fancy, just the mask with the little tube, couple pairs of flippers…”

There’s something fishy about this, “Misconstrued.”

Comments

1. Please don’t feed the tiny puppeh to the giant feesh.

2. With that puppy’s sweet eyes and curly tail, I would buy it anything it wanted.

3. missy p says:

Are those gar in the tank? I didn’t know those were petkeeping fish.

4. Jimbeaux says:

I’m with Meaghan. I’d even buy him a li’l submarine!

5. tracylee says:

curly-q tail! curly-q tail!
    nommable pawsies! nommable pawsies!

on high alert, here, people… do you not understand the urgency?! curly-q tail!

6. Hello, my name is Jacques Pupsteau, let me take you to my underwater world.

7. fifthsonata says:

*shoves puppy into mouth*
    *runs*

8. skippymom says:

“Legs off, fins on, simple metal tube through the back of its head so it can breathe…”

9. andi in NC says:

ok that is one REALLY cute pup!!!!! *head explodes*

10. AuntieMame says:

LOL at the hovertext! :D

11. biscuithead says:

Notice how the fish lurk behind him.

12. hellochicadee says:

Me want puppy now!

13. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Skippymom: “You’d need a very big tank…”

14. River Monster – the Home Edition.

Seriously hun, don’t go there. Both the fishies and the spear gun are bigger ‘n you. However, you’re the right size for some snuggling so COME HERE!

15. Perky ear Kronch alert !!!!

16. What kind of dog is this?

17. Now THAT is a scrumptious morsel…the pup, not the fish.

This pupster needs a grow a bit more before taking on that big fishy. But imagine how cute this little guy would look in a mask and flippers.

18. Adorable pup! And kudos on the Monty Python reference, skippymom. ;-)

19. Sigh I had some clever comment all thought out and it just eluded me.. completely … after reading all your comments….and I can’t get it back… obviously propably not really so clever.

pupsteau… snicker!

20. victoreia says:

That “Pupsteau” comment was 260Oakley-worthy!

21. Love those big baby blue eyes!!

22. Hon Glad says:

Note the theatrical style eye makeup.

23. OMG, what an adorable puppy molecule! I love the hairdo and perky ears.

24. OMG, the fish is larger than him.

25. Lerrinus says:

My thoughts exactly, bambooska! :-)

26. kibblenibble says:

Ack! Cuteness! This puppeh needs me! It has the waif look that I find impossible to resist.

27. He can’t scuba dive anywhere else, He would get oil all over himself. ugh i hate BP.

28. Michael says:

Not to get too literal, but the mask and tube is snorkeling. Scuba has the air tank. I always get them confused myself, so that’s why I noticed. SCUBA = Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.

That said, nice photo, clever text — much better idea than trying to hire a CAT to catch the fish for you, a cat would promise you the world and then keep the fish for itself.

29. BStrange says:

Those ears look so soft! AWW. And such a serious little face, too!

…Darn it, I melted again. *sighs… gets mop*

And I really wish I could see the heads of those fish, I’m wondering what kind they are too.

30. 4leafclover says:

I think this puppy is a “her” not a “him”! Right, ’cause her name is Chelsea? And that hovertext made me laugh ;) Super-cute puppy!!

31. muttluver says:

I had to comment….. OMG SWEET PUPPEH NOM NOM NOM!!!!!

And BStrange, how can you get a mop if you’re the one that melted?

Ok I’m done.

32. BStrange says:

*does best Sean Connery voice* With some difficulty. ;)

33. BStrange says:

or for an even stronger resemblance:

missy p was right! Looks like puppeh’s prey are spotted gar. Chelsea might want to add a shark-resistant suit to her list… ;) I hadn’t heard of them being kept in tanks before either.

34. BStrange says:

Hmm. Could have sworn I posted this a little while ago, but apparently not, it’s not even in moderation:

Looks like missy p was right, I looked up gar and there are a number of photos of spotted gar which look very much like these two. Get that puppeh a shark-proof suit!

35. Does he swim fastest when he’s chasing CATfish?

36. Little guy must have been thirsty to drain the fish tank like that!

37. I know someone already asked, but this is really important, so I’m going into caps lock mode,
    WHAT KIND OF PUPPY IS THIS?
    because I need one.