Longest. Skateboarding. Competition. Ever.

Exactly 10 hours, 48 minutes, and 26 seconds later, Boxx Turtlezz finally wheels himself over to the start line at the top of the halfpipe.

Surprisingly, Tony Hawk lost,  Amy F./CSO.

Comments

1. Ehn! My back leg is too stubby to reach!

2. Teeny tortoise or giant longboard?

3. TOO Cute!!! reminds of the surfer dude turtles in that Nemo movie!

4. tracylee says:

I can’t decide if that’s disapproval or apprehension!

5. skippymom says:

Ah, this reminds me of a joke, but I’ve already told it here, so I’ll refrain. (waits anxiously for peeps to beg for the joke)

6. DogEared says:

geesh…and i thought i was having a bad day…..GOTURTLEGO! YOUCANDOIT!

7. flutterbye says:

Go skippymom! Tell it, tell it. pwetty pweeeeezeeee!

8. tracylee says:

skippymom, we lurvz a good joke – tell!tell!

9. flutterbye says:

Is this when Gamera(sp?) decided to forgo wheels and traded ‘em in for jets? Wheels are kinda useless in outer space!

10. skippymom says:

@flutterbye: Not enough time to do it justice before I have to go! I’ll tell it tomorrow morning. (knowing peeps won’t sleep tonight, eagerly awaiting the joke)

11. I wuv baby tortoises. They are just too darn cute. Baby tortoises on a skateboard? Cuteness with attitude ;)

12. Venerable Bead says:

@skippymom: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE *hopping up and down*! We promise to eat all our dinner tonight (even the vegetables!) and clean our rooms for a whole week! And I won’t beat on my brothers…even if they DO deserve it! Tell us the joke!

13. flutterbye says:

WAIT UNTIL MORNING?? Awww. MooooOOOOOMMMMMmmm!

14. muttluver says:

Tell the joke! Tell the joke! Tell the joke!

Cute turtle.

15. flutterbye says:

Dumb ol’ me, I was even on the post with the cute hammie and mentioned it there because of all the funny puns the peeps were coming up with!

16. OMG ! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

17. flutterbye says:

@skippymom, you have created anxiousness like before a birfday or something. I, for one, will anticipate reading this one in the morning!

18. Hang twenty Turtle DUDE!

19. Fleurdamour says:

Maybe he’s fleeing the Gulf Coast on eco-friendly transport. “I’m outta here. Suck it, BP.”

20. why is that turtle flying on a skateboard?

Okay, that was terrible, but I’ve never been any good at abbreviations.

go leetle tuurtleh, you can do it!

21. Fleurdamour says:

Or, maybe this is how he won against the hare.

22. I just really love it!

23. Jennifer says:

nuh UH!

24. Christine0701 says:

Love the hovertext!!

25. Rachael says:

I can’t believe skippymom got us all revved up for a good joke and now we have to wait. *sulking*

26. I really dig this picture! :D

Y’know, I hope someone gives pup-taxi turtle a skateboard too. The little guy might need a break.

27. Oh my god, I think I just died of cute.

28. Cowabunga, dude!!

29. Queen of Dork says:

“I disapprove of my stupid skateboard. (ehn.)”

30. always great photos on this site! funny.

31. Can we have a larger version for desktopiness?

32. Reminds me of Jalopy, the famous(?) Galapagos tortoise who was so old she used a skateboard as a Galapagos tortoise wheelchair.

33. Hon Glad says:

“What do you mean, I have to punt it along with my legs. I might as well walk!”

34. flutterbye says:

Skippymom! Where is teh joke?? See, I said I’d be looking for it this mornin’

35. flutterbye says:

@Cat Training: I remember Jalopy!

36. Melissa says:

“Uhh, hey guys? My feet can’t reach the floor on this thing. It’s not gonna go anywhere.”

Is that a baby russian tortoise? My first through was sulcatta, but he’s too dark and his legs aren’t as spikey. Cute!! :)

37. skippymom says:

Okay, okay! Sorry I didn’t get to it first thing, but we’ve had crises this morning. Here (drumroll) is the JOKE:

A man goes to a pet store* and buys a little pet turtle for his son. He takes it home and gives it to the boy, who says, “Gee, thanks, Dad!” and takes the turtle into his room. Twenty minutes later, the kid comes out and says, “Dad, there’s something wrong with my turtle.” The father looks at the turtle and sees that its feet are all shredded and frayed. He takes it back to the store, the guy at the store can’t figure it out and gives him a replacement. The same thing happens a couple more times. Finally the dad peeks into his son’s room and sees the boy down on the floor, holding the turtle and running it across the floor, saying ‘Vroom, vroom!’**

Obligatory disclaimers:
    *We do not approve of stores that sell animals for pets while there are so many in shelters who need homes.
    **We do not approve of playing with a turtle like a toy car, causing it injury.
    It’s just a dumb joke my father told me about forty years ago.
    (Ducks, waiting for throwing of rotten vegetables by people who waited overnight for such a lame joke)

38. flutterbye says:

OOOFFF *hurls a rotten cabbage*

LOL!! That’s exactly the sort of jokes my Dad tells! Thanx skippymom!

Certainly hope your crisis was nothing serious!

39. flutterbye says:

Oops, just re-read your note and saw crises; meaning you had more than one. Hope it’s all over now.

40. flutterbye says:

Of course, that would be a lousy hope if a toilet were running over!

41. skippymom says:

flutterbye, thanks for the cabbage! It was delicious!
    I guess I was exaggerating, we really only had one crisis, a main entrance door that won’t unlock, but we’re making do. Not a big deal in my way of looking at things, but other people here are all “We need to SOLVE this.” Well, sorry, but it looks like we won’t be able to get it fixed until Monday, so let’s all just take a chill pill.

42. flutterbye says:

Skippymom, sounds like all’s well in hand. Tell ‘em don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things!

43. Really?!?

44. meteorological united criticized biological stories figure pdf aerosols [url=http://www.dfw.state.or.us]windows figure 1960 safari low[/url] http://www.nature.com