The Adventures of Bizorro!

From our WTF* File comes that champion of justice, defender of the downtrodden, Bizorro! Charging to the rescue atop his mighty steed as they swiftly… well, all right, maybe not so swiftly… erm, frankly, “charging” may be overselling it a little…

* Waddling Tortoise Ferry

UPDATE: Belated thanks to JoshN. for sending this to us!

Comments

1. Snowpea says:

Both turtle and dog are strangely similar in their bored expressions…

2. OMG, WTF!*

*Ooo, marvy, guys! Watch those feets!

3. Didcha ever notice that, since OSHA got involved, these amusement park rides have gotten way too tame? And this is an ‘E’ ticket ride!

4. Camivette says:

Did he call that dog a ho?

5. how did, why did . . . sigh . . . i give up.

6. @Camivette: I think he said “Hope”. :)

So cute! Befuddling, but cute!

7. One Eyed Daruma says:

Are we there yet?

8. Definitely WTF. I wonder if the tortoise isn’t too happy having to carry around the extra weight?

9. fatgrammafinn says:

STAMPEDE!!!! (well, technically you need more than one of something to have a stampede, but we’ll award bonus points for originality)

10. victoreia says:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And. . .”Why, that furry….!”

11. PS: Stand and deliver! ;)

12. AuntieMame says:

*hands Theresa all of her lupins*

13. I don’t know what’s stranger… that the turtle doesn’t seem to mind, might even enjoy it or that the dog is standing perfectly still and looks content. Ahhh, strange, but cute pairings…

14. MamaLana says:

For some odd reason, this reminds me of the kitty riding the Roomba.

15. Ludivine says:

I would like to know…in what context did that humongous turtle end up in a driveway and befriend a pet dog? Seriously, I would like to know.

16. DreamspinnerCheryl says:

OMG, doggie (Hope?) is a double for my son’s Stitch, who I’m currently puppy-sitting. Too bad we don’t have the whopper tortoise to haul his chubby butt around-he’s so spoiled, he expects to be carried, NOT to have to walk! But, Grandma’s breaking him of that bad habit….”C’mon, Stitch, it’s walkie time!”

17. crazybyrdlady says:

What happened after ‘oh-oh’?!

18. I want more backstory. Did the pup just decide to leap on? Did his peeps put him on the tortellini? What happened when poochie got off the ride?

Inquiring minds want to know.

19. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

For all those asking for the backstory on this video: As is often the case with videos we find and receive, we have no additional information apart from the comments left by the video’s creator on the YouTube page (which you can read while clicking the video while it’s playing): “Our cute dog named Hope likes to ride this random turtle who we named Carl.”

That’s it, folks.

20. Chris Clarke says:

Prehistoric Roomba

21. Of course. His name is Carl.
    I love this website. So . . . much . . .

22. The hovertext KILLED me.
    I can’t stop watching it. Both dog and tortoise seem so utterly unfazed by the sheer lunacy of their shared situation.

23. Colleen says:

A dog riding a tortoise while a human films them… it’s just like the food chain! Somehow!

24. Birdcage says:

I ….. um ……. wow. For some reason the theme from the Love Boat is in my head, and there’s a joke there somewhere that I can’t quite draw together into words ….. come aboard, we’re expect yoooooooooou………. talk amongst yourselves.

25. This looks like alot of fun !

26. This seems vaguely familiar. Oh yeah I sent it in :(

27. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Josh: My apologies! I had stumbled across this on my own, but I’d be happy to credit you as well.

28. Queen of Dork says:

I wish I had such random things happening in my driveway. It’s quite wonderfully unreal and strange. It some how made me feel like I’m in some Alice and Wonderland type of place.

29. Queen of Dork says:

Oops: IN Wonderland. Time for sleep. My brain is tired.

30. I have a tortoise–who is nowhere near that big–who would stomp up behind my late cat and, well, goose him. Cat being cat, would get all hissy and grump off about 10 ft, only to get goosed again. It was quite clear that Buddy (tort) was pestering Babylon (cat) for his own amusement. Who knows what goes through the minds of tortoises? But they have minds, oh yes they do.

And, at the end of this vid, I believe the tort is going to investigate cameraman’s toes, because that is what they do, and then tortoise was going under car, hence ‘uh oh.’

31. I enjoyed the video, except for the HORRIBLE CLOSEUP of the drooly-looking tortoise face. *shudder*

32. Thanks Mike. I keep a tally of “internet cred” so it helps.

33. @Birdcage, it does scream out for some kind of 70’s theme music, doesn’t it? And thanks for giving me the Love Boat theme ear worm, too. (walks off shaking head to get theme out of ear . . . )

34. Jerilyn says:

Is this a new take on the Tortoise and the Hare? No more “slow but steady wins the race.” Now it’s “Hop aboard the tortoise ferry for the win!??!!”

35. Ohmygoshsofreakin’funny!!!! The deadly serious look on that doggy’s face! Hope! You’re killin’ me ovah heyah! Hope is saying, “I cannot reply to your inquiries. I am on a serious mission. Please stand aside.” Crazy dog.

36. The road is loooong, with many a winding turns…..

37. theotherMolly says:

How does this video have that ultra-bright pinky light of 1960s 8mm vacation movies? I love it.

38. Fleurdamour says:

The tortoise and the hair

39. @Molly,
    The video editing software that comes with many computers has a filter on it that will give that classic look. I have it on my machine that runs Vista, and I know my sister’s Mac does as well.

I love the whole…strangeness…quality of this video–including the 8mm film filter.

40. Hon Glad says:

Goggie, “Next time I’ll arrange the get away vehicle”

41. MamaLana very cool video… :)

42. The gentledog’s mode of transportation: it may not be very fast — but it is very dignified indeed.

43. S/he’s giving that turtle the strength training work out of a lifetime!

44. It’s the rare Canis Tortoise, mortal enemy of the Homo-Camel-Leopard.

45. Sort of like riding a NYC bus– if you got out and walked, you’d get there faster. :P

46. i think CO needs a new “he-ain’t-heavy-he’s-my-brother” tag. this is at least the second posting that could use such a tag!!! okay, so two does not a buttload make…..still!

47. this is a metaphor

we is the puppeh

cuteoverload is the turtell

annnnnnnd…discuss

48. superboymom says:

Love them! I think that tortoise might be a Sulcata . . .they start out the size of a half-dollar and if you see one that size you WILL die of the cute! But they can get to be over 100 pounds and live many decades.

49. carolina says:

Stupid. Not cute.
    Is CO getting a bit desperate?

50. flutterbye says:

Wha?? Why does someone always have to make a stupid comment?

51. flutterbye says:

@blair… we’re just along for a fun ride!

52. I wonder how Carl feels about it?

BTW, awesome hovertext!! and @Fleurdamour, GREAT pun!

53. I don’t think “stupid” and “cute” are mutually exclusive. Isn;t that where “reeeedonk!” comes in?

54. What kind of dog is that? She’s so cute!

55. I also sent this in, but I don’t mind not being credited since you found it on your own. lol this is too cute!

56. Catsquatch says:

ok, so Im watchin this thinkin “You have Got to be kidding me.” and “I wonder if they trained the turtle with doggie treats.” when the AD comes up for Dog Training School, at which point I begin to wonder what dog training school trains dogs to ride on tortises….

Bizzaro aminules….

57. lov this!!! i feel bad 4 the turtle though……..:):):) 8)

58. SHOUT OUT!!!!!!!
    BABY OTTERS R SO CUTE!!!!!
    PS:gogreen8) 8) :D :b

59. Does anybody else think that The Random Turtles would be a great name for a band?

60. Oh my goodness! I’ve got to put this on my blog, Animals Standing on Animals!

61. MamaLana says:

Tory, your Animals Standing on Animals! is hilarious and wonderful! Love it!

62. Random Turtle ?

What does that mean? I mean, dog was just happening to be hanging outside and there was this parade of big *ss turtles and he was all like, hey, I’ll catch this one…

Not computing… *zit*

Are there a lot of these turtles around, and the dog just likes to ride this particular one? Or was this just the one for the day? Does he sometimes ride other turtles? Where the heck is this anyway? If it is just this one, how does he tell the difference? Does this happen a lot?

Memory overflow error