// Update – These fine photos are not from Natalist, but from Peter Hasselbom’s Flickr. Check out may many more awesome shots here.//

To all the fine Moms out there who lick us clean every day—Thank you!

Beth C. found these and many more great shots over at Natalist Peter Hasselbom’s Flickr!

Comments

1. All these pink noses. In my mind I can hear my own mom saying “Blow,” whilst holding a Kleenex up to my face.

2. I love Kitty #2 toofless yawn.

3. STINKIN’, STINKIN;, I tell you!!!

4. soooo what I needed when finals are getting me down.

5. Queen of Dork says:

Pic two is all, “yaaaaaawwwwn.” (now I’m sleepy)

6. Oh My God. The best. The very best.

7. Whoa, if you think these are cute, there are some amazing ones behind that source link!

8. Michelle says:

Aaaah that’s too cute for me to handle!!!

9. chanpon says:

OMG, snuggled cat head in picture #3 = head explosion! Darn, you self-less moms! Producing such squee-worthy bebehs everywhere. I bow to you in defeat.

10. Camivette says:

OMG PONIES!!1!!1!!11 I want to kiss them!

11. meoowmom says:

Oh happy Caturday!!! And yes mommies make the world go round.
    I was so happy to see these lil bundles of yummies. #3 had a bellie
    that I wanted to Nom.
    #1 has the nose and cute tongue action
    # 2 looks snug as a bug in a rug
    #3 is the most prosh with the lil hint of bellie!

12. earlybird1 says:

That mama kitteh is gorgeous! She looks like a mountain lion! And seriously ppl, you have GOT to click on the link to the other pics. TOO CUTE!!

13. victoreia says:

I’d comment on the overwhelming cuteness, but my head has exploded……

14. ViolaDeLesseps says:

Leetle Abyssinians!!! The adorabuhlest things ON THE PLANET!!!

15. Julie S. says:

*cuted to death*

16. victoreia says:

@QoD: how’s HRF doing?

17. Picture #1 and the line “who lick us clean every day” made me think of my mom who is gone now and who tried to clean my dirty face once in a crowded store by wetting a Kleenex on her tongue (that was before those little wet napkins).

I’m sorry that I embarrassed you by shouting “Stop spitting in my face mom!”
    I miss you.

18. What beautiful cats! I’m just in love with that color.

19. Melissa says:

God. Help me.

20. Hon Glad says:

Gigi – My Mum would say gives us some spit, I’d spit on her hanky and she’d clean the ice cream/chocolate/gloop from round my mouth.
    Love the last picture milky content.

21. @Hon Glad and Gigi, I was leaving a restaurant with my dad one day, and he said “Hold up,” took a look at me, took out the hankie, licked it, and gave me the spit wash right in the middle of Broadway! I was in my thirties. :P

22. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

I saw picture number TWO and proclimed, “Oh My God!!” My husband asked me, “What about your God?”

Now I know there is one.

CUTE beyond CUTE. I think that is the best picture I have ever seen on here. EVAH.

23. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

And just when I thought the pictures could not get better I went to Natalist.

OH.MY.GOD.

I’m done for. I was a certified dog lover. Now what??!!

24. Such beautiful pics! Especially the belly at the end. Oy. Thanks for the post, Miss Meg!

25. Katrina says:

Just wonderful, Happy Mother’s Day, Peeps! Happy Mother’s Day Peep Mothers!

26. Katrina says:

Just came back from looking at the other photos- “wow” is right!

27. Hon Glad says:

Theresa – LOL is some what over used, but when I read about your spit wash,
    I did just that lol. :)

28. Queen of Dork says:

victoreia: HRF is fine. He’s busy bossing me and my daughter around. I tried to take a video of him so I could post it but he kept leaving. When my daughter got home, she was wondering why I took a picture of the carpet. I was like, “well, he was sitting there seconds before I snapped that photo.”

29. @Hon Glad, you can’t take him anywhere.

30. MamaLana says:

Mama looks like an Abyssinian (with the coloring of a Mountain Lion). Soooooooo cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!

31. Queen of Dork says:

I just showed these pictures to my daughter and her friend who is over here. Now we want to adopt a kitten. Crap. SamKitty will never agree to this plan.

32. crimson says:

I don’t know what an abyssinian is but I WANT one!!

(Sadly, I don’t think the dog would approve.)

33. Leilani says:

Oh. Oh. The tears. The mama kitty reminds me of my sweet little Tiki cat who’s now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I know she’s visiting with my own Mommy, too, ‘cos I told her to go look for Gramma when she left me. I miss them both so much, but I was blessed to have them. I’ll catch up with them some day; but in the meantime, I’ll love seeing beautiful pictures like these which remind me so much of them.

34. Yay Moms!!!!

If only I had a real life kitten to snorgle….oh wait, I DO! :-)

35. These are such amazing shots! They make me melt! I found more photos here. The photographer’s name is Peter Hasselbom. Awesome!

36. WaffleCat says:

GO TO THE LINK, PEEPS! Do not ask why, just go! Great…now I’ve squeed all over myself! :)

37. flutterbye says:

@Wafflecat LOL at squeed all over yourself! I almost peed myself laughing. Hilarious.

Absolutely awesome fotos, both here and at the above link.

38. bee bee says:

HHNNNG

39. So adorable!!

40. that was a cute cat and the kitten is so cute.

41. If you think the photos at Natalist are cute, you should see the photographer’s (Peter Hasselbom) Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_hasselbom/collections/.

I am dying of cute!

42. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Abys are da bestest! I miss my Aby girl.

44. Mary (the first) says:

Yep, the other photos at Natalist are wonderful. I can say there’s never met a kitteh I didn’t love, but objectively, some are truly more gorgeous than others. These guys are amazingly cute.

45. Ded. And 1000x ded. I. am.

And gone to kitty heaven. :D

46. What breed of cat is that, looks similar to a lynx without the pointy ears.

47. Madame X says:

You just GOT to go to the photographer’s Flickr page: the kittens are stunning and the photography is exquisite!

48. I love it when the kittens are so small that the top of their head is all round like that… Loves.

49. So cute I can’t not hardly stand it… and I’m a puppy person!

50. flutterbye says:

Had to come back and see this again, as it was so bootiful yesterday for Mother’s day. I was catatonic from it most of the morning, but finally came out of it long enough to get my mopping chores done. Now, I think I’ll head back to the isle of catatonia!

51. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Mother Spit – the universal face cleaning solvent.

52. What fantastic photos this guy takes of cats!! So beautiful!

53. I could just nom all those toesies & nosies all day! Sweet!

54. Annapolitan says:

I’m glad someone else mentioned Peter Hasselbom’s photostream at Flickr. These photos were appropriated by the Natalist website and it’s Peter Hasselbom who should get the credit for them. I have been enjoying his photos for years.

55. I’m done for, I’m a goner. I’ve been cuted to deth! Looked @ link & decided I need to have them all, all. I will not settle for less. I don’t remember the # but the one hiding the kitteh guffaw slew me!

56. those abyssinians are really cute with their gigantic ears. yoda-looking!

57. Paunchie says:

I came to say, Mama cat’s coloring is beeee-utiful! And she looks like a mountain lion! But others have already said that. Erp.

58. The pinkitude of that tongue on that yawning kittle is all the thanks I need!

59. Scout C says:

Even though I’m so allergic that I pretty much stop breathing when I’m around kitties, this little one might just be worth the anoxia.

60. Katrina says:

If mother spit can’t get it off, nothing will, LeAnn.

61. I always wanted an Abyssinian, but am almost certainly doomed to a succession of shelter cats. Purebred+Gorgeous+$$$ vs. mutt+practically free+homeless. Can’t get around the math. Even if the last one came home with fleas.

62. wannadance says:

what affects me the most is the intense emotion in both mom and kits. one might say i am anthromorphizing this but i don’t think so. it’s not just the faces but also the body language. no difference between these mommas and human mommas in positioning and touching and gazing. universal love of some sort. makes you think that souls reside in kittens, feeling lucky.

63. we can has cuteoverloaded the link

64. AWW :D Those pictures make me want to cuddle those kitties all the more :D

65. Katie Kat says:

OOOOH!!! Abyssinians are my MOST FAVORITE-EST!!!!! Look at those Bebe’s! You just made my Mother’s Day that much better!

66. sundragon says: