Adorable Baby Otter in Need of Serious Attitude Adjustment

This towel is too scratchy, and these lights are too bright! Have I mentioned that I hate when people stare?

Listen man, I’m gonna tell you one last time – I don’t know anyone named “Emmet”, and if you continue to stand here, you’re gonna get some pureed sardines thrown at your ugly mug.

Patricia S. says that Elaine and Leroy, two North American River Otters, just had the above baby at Binghamton Zoo. Photo by Lexy Roberts.

Comments

1. Wow, this otter is giving disapproving bunnies a run for their money! Cute little guy, though.

2. 260Oakley says:

Harry Otter says: B**ger off, muggles!

3. Oh no! Disproving otter! There otter be a law!

4. fly'n bye says:

Awww … wheeeskers just starting to grow, leetle clawses, beepable nose, soft fur…. maybe I’m just nuts, but I think the babeh is adorable!

5. AuntieMame says:

Wow! Who needs disapproving rabbits when you have these little guys? That much disapproval’s gonna leave a mark.

6. Saffron says:

Whiskery muzzlepowshe!

7. Nicole says:

Love it! The otter, however, is visibly unamused…

8. skippymom says:

I just scritch-scratched his chin for a minute to try to get him to cheer up, but it didn’t work. Hmm, maybe if I tickle his little tummy….

9. Skippymom, you have to play some Outkast for them. Then they shake it shake it shake it like a Polaroid pitcher. :P

10. skippymom says:

Theresa, I bow to your superior otter-wrangling skills.

11. The first picture he looks depressed, I can almost hear him say:
    Life don’t talk to me about life…

Second picture is more:
    Are you talking to me? I don’t see anyone else here…

12. BugaMom says:

LOL at Theresa and Skippymom! Thx!

13. I LOVE that his parents are named Elaine and Leroy. Am I the only one who noticed this?

14. tracylee says:

sweetiepie, your face is gonna stick that way!

15. *grump*

16. We know the parents’ names – Elaine and Leroy – but do we know this babeh’s name?

Oh, and BEEP!

17. I wanna kiss that little guy! So cute!

18. metsakins says:

In the first picture he is plotting world domination and the second is, don’t bother me, I’m plotting world domination.

19. Rachael says:

Elaine and Leroy! :D

I was not prepared for this lethal level of disapproval. But I still want to kees heem.

20. Yeah, Noelle, that was my first reaction. Daddy otter’s name is LEROY??? What a fantastic name for an otter.

21. Awwww sweet shiny fur want to smooch that little forehead STAT!!

22. victoreia says:

260Oakley FTW!!!

23. cambridge_rat_mom says:

The wild version of The Disapproving Bunny?

24. So, this little snarfflepuss says he doesn’t know Emmet Otter? That’s just crazy talk, as ALL otters know the world’s most famous otter. It’s in the DNA. See, to buy his beloved Ma Otter a gift for Christmas, Emmet formed a jug band to win the local talent show’s cash prize. Never mind the Riverbottom Gang’s electric guitar hard rock lightshow that won over the judges, as Emmet is not famous for winning. No, he is famous for learning the value of family and the powerful mystery that is IRONY. See, Emmet’s Ma ALSO competed for the same cash prize to buy her only son a Christmas gift too. They both lost in the end, but despite the hole in the washtub and still being dirt poor (without Pa Otter around since the dying), they give each other love for Christmas and got a full-time gig singing and playing together at the local restaurant. You know, if I were an otter, I’d be grumpy about Emmet, too.

25. tabbtigermom says:

I want that puppy at the top of the page! OMG, it is sooooooo cute, is that a corgi puppy? Lil’ otter is precious,too.

26. domanato says:

ha…I bet Emmet’s parents, Elaine and Leroy, are those two famous otters that hold hands in this aquarium…they’re way too loving with each other to not have those cute babies: http://shortform.tv/w/critters/otters-holding-hands

27. Binghamton Zoo? That would be the Ross Park Zoo, which was recently renamed Binghamton Zoo. Doesn’t look like they’ve updated the URL yet, it’s still http://www.rossparkzoo.com. It’s small and very personal zoo, with a fabulous otter tank. Used to go there on school field trips to see the mastodons.

28. Can’t believe nobody has said this yet, but he clearly is otterly disappointed.

29. fly'n bye says:

@Theresa, ROFLMAO at dancing otter vid! Hilarious!

30. jiffknee says:

Eee-squeal-ly-Gad!!!

31. @Fly’n bye, that’s a CO classic!

32. Hon Glad says:

Otter,” I don’t do cute, not today not any day,d’you catch my drift?”

33. otterzotterzotterzotterz!!! I love otters, especially grumpy baby otterz….

34. Redbone says:

An expression can say so much.
    “Why have you no oysters, mangy ape?”

35. bookmonstercats says:

So young and yet so world-weary.

It’ll get better, bebbeh, I promise. Just keep coming to Cute Overload.

36. Maribeth says:

I don’t think he looks grumpy, he looks pensive. Almost Churchillian….

37. ottertude!

38. Katrina says:

Maribeth-I agree!

39. dandy_warhol says:

The Binghamton Zoo is accepting suggestions for bebe otter names.

40. >:{