That is One Smitten Kitten

I considered getting Kermit or Woodstock. Hell, I even considered getting Snoopy. But then I realized that when you decide to get a tattoo, you should immortalize something really important to you.

Well someone thinks pretty highly of himself, Ant. Original link can be seen here.

Comments

1. Evil mirror universe kitty.

This is so beautifully…. what’s the word? Meta?

2. Maybe I should get a George Clooney tattoo on my face?…

3. wow… how cool!

4. Yo Dawg, I heard you liked cats…

5. Quine Cat!

6. 260Oakley says:

Cattoo, for the statement that lasts furever

7. Dang that’s cool. I got a monkey on my back. Not really, but I thought it would be fun to say.

8. fly'n bye says:

Awesome markingks! Gorgeous kitty on his back – luff teh fluffy tailio on it.

9. o m g!

10. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

My Shadow

I HAVE a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
    And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
    He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
    And I see him jump before me, when I jump into the bed.

The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow-
    Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
    For he sometimes shoots up taller like an india-rubber ball,
    And he sometimes gets so little that there’s none of him at all.

He hasn’t got a notion of how children ought to play,
    And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
    He stays so close beside me, he’s a coward you can see;
    I’d think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!

One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
    I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
    But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,
    Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.

AA Milne, Now We Are Six, 1927.

11. HomoDM says:

“Mother”

12. Wow.

13. MandyMo says:

Ha! @fft5305 Excellent idea! If it works, I’ll be getting a Charlize Theron tattoo on my face.

14. caitlin says:

Recursive kitty is recursive!

15. :lol: @ caitlin

16. now there… is a matchinks, if I ever saw one!

17. Shadows normally follow in the front, sides or the back, never on top, not sure what happened here.

18. scooterb62 says:

phat cat tat!

19. Jeff, maybe the light source is underneath kitty–you know, like HoverCat.

20. Kiragirl says:

OMG, that is so cool!!!!

21. Kiragirl says:

@scooterb62, very funny!!!

22. cherrydumpling says:

As Mom would say, “this is proof that God has a sense of humor.”

23. It’s like the Vashta Nerada on Doctor Who! (Definitely an all time favorite 2 parter)

24. Meta-kitteh!

25. hahaha nice!

26. Very meta.

27. Mary (the first) says:

@Heather and the B.T.’s, THANK YOU. Very sweet. I loved A.A. Milne as a child (long ago!) but didn’t remember that poem. The kitteh is lovely, too.

28. That’s awesome!

29. skippymom says:

He is matchingks himself?

30. He’ll regret that tattoo once they break up.

31. Marci B says:

Very Cat-tastic, it must a one of a kind breed of cat….Zerox Cat….LOL:)

32. skippymom says:

And Heather, thank you for the A.A. Milne. We read When We Were Very Young over and over; I’m not all that familiar with Now We Are Six, although we had that one too. (An evil stepmother stole my copies of both of them, with my grandmother’s inscriptions in the front. Every time I think of this my heart hurts a lot. Time to go back and look at at the Cute, for relief.)

33. Kitteh sez that she thinks she’s being stalked;
    but every time she turns around and looks: nobody is there……! :shock:

34. bookmonstercats says:

@Heather and the Boston Terriers, thank you so much. I learned “My Shadow” by heart at infants’ school, millenia ago, and I’d forgotten all about it until now.

What an amazing kitteh.

35. Sorry to be such a pedant, but in fairness to the wonderful Robert Louis Stevenson, he, not A.A. Milne wrote “My Shadow.” (It’s from A Child’s Garden of Verses.) A. A. Milne wrote a verse on a similar topic, though, called “Us too” (“Wherever I am there’s always Pooh. There’s always Pooh and me.”) But it isn’t specifically about shadows.

36. (Of course that should have been “Us Two”)

37. Rooanne says:

Wow. Cool Cat tat.

38. DreamspinnerCheryl says:

I need a good photo of our Max. He has a doggie on his lower back, and a kitty on his upper back/neck/head. Hurry Mother’s Day, and the new camera my DD has promised me……

39. slywlf says:

So cool! My Boyz – brothers from the same litter – also have odd markings – one has an almost perfectly round spot on his shoulder, the other has an almost perfectly square spot on the same shoulder ;-)

40. RACHEL says:

That is frelling awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. edmundh says:

+1 Internet @caitlin

Every ceiling cat has a basement cat within.

42. kokobutterbuns says:

Best thing I’ve seen all damn day.

43. camille says:

Janet is correct – Stevenson, not Milne. Still a sweet poem, though.

44. chanpon says:

Kitty on a kitty on a kitty….

I think parallel dimensions have been opened with this cat.

45. Seriously, I thought this was my cat Probie. He also has those two-fer markings and the same coloring.

46. eikoleigh says:

I’m speechless. That’s cool.

47. Fuzzalina says:

LOL @Trixie!! I wish I’d thought of that. I think Steve-O’s tattoo is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I’m not a tattoo fan, but I like his attitude, every one of his tatts is guaranteed to make you laugh. I also like that he has the words “Your Name” tattoo’d on his butt. I’m sure it’s there to win bets at bars as in “I bet you I have your name tattooed on my butt”.

48. Oh – this is just tooo cute. Thank you for sharing, I like laughing.

49. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

Janet, I stand corrected. I copied it off of another unnamed website and the way it lists the poems doesn’t make it clear as to authorship.

I did, however read A.A. Milne as a child also.

Mr. Robert Louis Stevenson should have his due and proper credit.

50. “‘Cause remember… wherever you go, there you are.”

Or: “Wherever I go,/I go too/And spoil everything.”

Also, upon re-reading “My Shadow” for the first time in about 15 years, I didn’t immediately reminisce about happy childhood lazy reading afternoons, but instead suddenly realized, “Hey, you can totally sing that to the tune of “I have a little dreidel”. Ok, you kinda have to rush some of the wording, but still…

51. So cute. I have a cool cat tat on my calf with a kitty who looks like he”s coming at you. It’s my fave of them all. Not literally on my “calf”!

52. Wow… this is so cool!!!! :D

53. :D AWW :D What a cute pattern on a cute kitty :D

54. Hon Glad says:

Me and my shadow, strolling down the avenue
    Me and my shadow, no one else to tell our troubles to
    and when it’s twelve o’clock, we climb the stairs
    we never knock, cos nobodies there
    Me and my shadow, strolling down the avenue.

Song lyrics I just happen to remember.

55. You’re so funny