Greetings from Camp

Dear Mom and Dad: I like Camp Wannasnorgleya. It is pretty fun, mostly. Some nights I get scared and wake up clinging to a counselor, but it’s mostly pretty fun.

Once they pry me off, we all have breakfast. The cook is named Mr. Walter. He only knows how to make macaroni and cheese. That’s OK, I like macaroni and cheese.

After breakfast, we do activities. My favorite is Computer Camp. My instructor is Mr. Russell, who knows a whole lot about computers even though a judge said he’s not allowed to use them anymore on account of how smart he is.

After a fun day, we get to have dinner. Tonight, I’m earning my cooking merit badge by helping Mr. Walter make macaroni and cheese.

Then we tell ghost stories around the campfire. Tonight’s story is “The One-Eyed, Peg-Legged Pirate Ghost with a Hook Hand Who Likes to Hide Under Campers’ Beds and Kidnap Them When They’re Sleeping, Especially Baby Baboons.”

You may remember this cutie from an earlier post. Thanks again, Jamin C.!

//UPDATE: By oh-so-popular request, here’s that picture of Jamin again! //

JaminAndMajoca

Comments

1. Monkeh!
    Monkeh-eeeeeeeee!
    Monkeh!
    Don’t you know you gotta
    Snorg the monkeh!

(Aww, I wish Theo was here)

2. chanpon says:

We’re just trying to be friendly.
    Come and watch us sing and play.
    ‘Cause we’re the young generation,
    And we’ve got something to say..

3. Hon Glad says:

Monkey see, Monkey do
    Monkey is a looking at you.

4. This is so adorable, the photo comments made me laugh a lot too. And I saw the older pic where the monkey was first shown…that guy is cute >_>

5. da bellee!

6. Scout C says:

Look at that little tummy! How adorable!

7. Where is HAWWWWWWWWWT Jamin C. not in the picture??? :p

I’d like to see my cute money with my hot man!!!!!:D

8. I meant to say WHY

9. @sandy: I just was about to say the same – it`s like “cute, but I`d rather have sugar (aka J.C.) with it”. :-)))

10. I never went to camp as a kid but I would go now if J.C and Jasmin were there!

11. I would be a volunteer counselor at Camp Wannasnorgleya–assuming that I’d get to snorg the monkey at least once per day.

This is a great post, although I too vote for at least one photo with Mr. “Easy on the Eyes” Jamin in it.

12. oh my god, where do i sign up for camp wannasnorgleya?
    i MUST go!

the pic of him sitting on the log just KILLED me!!! aaaahhhhhhhhnnnnn.

13. Lady Pamela says:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

14. domanato says:

this monkey is so cute!

15. Mrs. Catlabash says:

Aw, little baby babbo looks so worried in that last picture! I guess I’ll have to go to Camp Wannasnorgleya immediately to help him not be ‘fraid of the ghost stories ‘n stuff. And maybe kiss his belly.

16. where’s the hot guy?!?!
    that monkey really is so adorable though. omg.

17. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Update: Because so many people asked, I added the earlier photo of Jamin to this post, so you can just scroll up and sigh. ;)

18. That guy is beautiful.

And the monkey’s cute, too.

19. tracylee says:

well helloooo Jamin! (wink, wink)

oh yeah, and cute monk too, whatever

20. Sigh…we are so shallow…sigh…

21. Noelle says:

Damn, that boy is F.I.N.E.

22. paperback writer says:

Is the man single? He looks like he’d be a good dad;)

23. violet says:

I love primates. Sigh
    Sign me up for camp.

24. NTMTOM, outstanding post! Love the captions. So how old is this babeh baboon now? He’s so adorable–the thumb-sucking-cute-belly-giant-worried-eyes photo is deadly! (And Theresa, I agree, I miss Theo too!)

25. I’m so jealous of the monkey

26. Rooanne says:

Hmmmmm, something’s a little off about Camp Wannsnorgleya. That orange jumpsuit. the screaming pot. Mr. Russell not allowed on computers……I’m thinking, I might not want to send MY innocent little primate there.
    Then I saw Jamin. If he is still around, it’s all OK.
    yes … shallow…

27. Personally, I’d rather not have a monkey butt on my laptop. The rest, though: ADORABLE!

28. Heather says:

Great captioning, Mike! I loved this post of yours. And: “I’m gonna wake up on somebody’s leg tomorrow. I can already tell.” Priceless.

29. Ah, yes.. how could we ever forget the original posting.

30. Everything about this post is just sooooo good – and yep, sign me up for camp

31. Oh this is so previous, I love the camp story and photos.

32. happycat says:

-Sigh- the original posting…the comments…the sighing….the comments…ah, shallow is good sometimes….

33. Best. Photo-story on CO. EVER!!!!!

34. Megan L. says:

Jamin is a cutie. The monkey too. Is there a cuteboyswithmonkeys.com site?

35. A. Non! says:

And “Oh this is so previous” is my new catchphrase.

36. Dawww teh little baboon is sooo adorable. I love the little guttulance picture.

and awww awww awwwwwww melts into little pile of goo!!!!!

37. A. Non! That made me have a really good chuckle….If I may, I’d like to use it too!
    “oh, this is so previous”….I’m still laughin’!

38. whothefcares says:

gorgeous.

39. Cute but I seriously hope Mr. Dashing Debonair over here isn’t working at an exploration camp for oil/diamonds/etc. things that exploit the environment and cause this poor little monkey (among many other animals) to be orphaned…

40. Thanks for adding the photo of Jamin, NTMTOM! You totally rock.

41. Ah yes, I remember this monkey – especially the redinkulous hot guy in the photo. I do declare.

But the monkey is soooo cute. Where can I find this camp?

42. hirish says:

Thanks, NTMTOM, for the ultimate Monks’n’Hunks snuggle pic.
    I’m not a fan of reggae, but I could be Jamin. I wanna Jamin wid you.
    And M for the buzzkill.

43. marthava says:

Oh yeah…. Jamin. :D

44. This is my dream come true! Gorgeous guy holding baby monkey. Ok, so where can I find this heavenly camp??

45. Any updates on the wee minkey and her man? I hope both are doing well and are still together. She looks very bonded to him. Must . . . have . . . updates??

46. pushy mcshove says:

time for a new category: hawt guys with baby baboons.

47. The photo of Jamin was already there (thank you!) by the time I checked in, so when Lady Pamela said:

“oh my goodness….that last photo is sooooo adorable. Those eyes are mesmerizing….I just want to wrap him up and cuddle him like a baby!!! and snorgle his fuzzy tummy!! and go nom nom nom on his ears!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!”

…. I didn’t think she was talking about the monkey… and I kind of agreed….

A.Non, I’m glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read,

“Yeah, I’d be waking up on somebody’s leg, too, if I went to camp with Jamin . . .”
    And I definitely agreed.

48. I liked Theo’s suggestion of category name from the other post: Nests in Chests. It could cover cats ‘n racks, monks and hunks, etc.

49. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Dash (and anyone else who asked): I’m sorry, but we didn’t get any more information about either Jamin or the baboon. Sorry about that.

50. Oh dear heavens. I think that I need to make a call to Dateline on Mr Russell.

51. CO makes me so happy. Thanks, NOMTOM and commenters–I haven’t had a belly laugh like that in hours!

52. Lindsay says:

Hey yo I’m newly single. Who’s the money cuddler in the lower pic? Is he looking for an ltr?

53. In that last photo, I’m having a muuuuch harder time deciding who’s cuter. Seriously.

How does our little bundle of furry cuteness get so close to the fire without his tail going *poof!*?

54. kibblenibble says:

*looks at Jamin and thinks, Yeah, I can see where Camp Wannasnorgleya gets its name.*

55. Laureling says:

Baby monkey!!

56. OHMYGOD. MARRY ME, JAMMIN! YOU ARE GORGEOUS.

57. bagoguts says:

I vote for a “Cute Boys and Their Monkeys” section in CO, with Jamin as the charter member. Makes me wanna howl at the M-O-O-O-O-O-N!!

58. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

bagoguts: At this point, not only would Jamin be the charter member, he’d be the only member. :) But because you asked, here’s a new section for Cute Boys and their Monkeys, and I promise you, if we ever get another cute boy and a monkey, they are so in:

59. Jamin, so hot.

60. Well, thanks NTMTOM for the follow up! We will commence thinking no news is good news and that the wee monkeh was loved and spoiled and lived happily every after with her strapping provider/protector/warm lap in which to snuggle. I can only assume that someone who took such lovely baby pictures would make sure that the precious little doodlebug remained in good care.

61. Mmmm, Jamin. Mmmm.

From now on it’s peanut butter & Jamin. Scones, clotted cream & some Jamin. Jamin here, Jamin there. Jamin, Jamin everywhere. More Jamin, please. Let’s just have a Jamin summer, can we? Tonight my dreams will be Jamin.

Somebody stop me.

62. Copperbat says:

i <3 Jamin

63. oooohhhh…she has an outie bellehbutton!

I just want to snorgle that belleh. And Jamin.

64. What bribery do I have to offer to get the email of the cute boy with the cute monkey?

65. Franca says:

Awwww! So adorable! I want to marry that guy… uummm I mean cuddle that monkey

66. MandyMo says:

Oooo, I would happily snorgle the monkeh (am I the only one who saw the bellybutton in the 5th photo?! Sweet fancy Moses!) And then I’d have some dirtybad fun with Jamin. :D

67. I don’t like monkeys, but you could feature Jamin anyday!

68. So do we call it “Monks n’ Hunks” or “Baboons n’ Beefcake”?

69. bookmonstercats says:

NOMTOM @#57, I like hirish’s idea of “Monks’n’Hunks” category better.

Funniest post, though. The baboon version of Alan Sherman’s “Hello Muddah, Hello, Faddah”.

70. Rachael says:

I’m hopelessly in love with that adorabuhls and deeelectabuhls young thang. And the baboon too! :D

“I’m going to wake up on someone’s leg tomorrow, I can tell already.” Pleeeeeeeeze let it be MY leg!!!!

71. bookmonstercats says:

I vote “Monks’N’Hunks”. Jamin is too cute to be “beefcake”.

Funniest post. Reminds me of Alan Sherman’s “Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah”.

72. Alice Shortcake says:

He can wake up on my leg any time he likes!

The monkey is also cute.

73. Rhea’s post @ #47 – hahahahaha :D

74. Emerson says:

These are the best comments ever.

75. Jessica says:

Do you think Jamin’s ears are burning right now? :)

76. The guy is still the best part…

77. mrsgilmore says:

nomtom, you are seriously killing me with the hovertexts today. butt-like typing detected? i totally had a coffee spit take.

and yeah, dude is delicious, but the monkeh is anerable.

78. Andi from NC says:

That little monkey is such a cutie pie and the text and hovers are perfect (as is Jamin…)

79. divinebluesky says:

Excellent photo story NOMTOM. I like imagining you poring over pictures with the wheels turning in your head, coming up with such fabulous, creative, and CUTE! entertainment.

80. nicole says:

not only is the little guy adorable, but the guy holding him isn’t bad looking either, i think i am in love!

81. mandy_Reeves says:

forget snorgling the monkeh I wanna snorgle the hotteh!

82. Megan T. says:

♫♪ Haven’t you always wanted a Monkey? ♫♪

Yup. I’d definitely take Jamin too…

83. Awww! Sweet little baboon.Jamin is HAWT!

84. Last picture–I wouldn’t mind waking up on HIS belly.

85. dutifuldaughter says:

Those are a couple of prime primates, there.

86. Monks’n’Hunks — I love it! You guys crack me up.
    Jamin ——- so.hot.

87. Catwhisperer says:

Am I the only one who think Pic #5 should be included in the “Cute or Sad?” category?

88. Beeboo says:

I think all these comments are totally out of line. You are objectifying that person and it’s not ok. This site is for innocent pictures of cute animals, not for hooting and cat-calling. If those comments were made over a woman, the nuff-patrol would have bludgeoned all the guys into whimpering submission by now. Hypocrites.

89. Birdcage says:

He’s Jamin! (jamin, jamin, jamin…..)
    I wanna jam it wid you!
    We’re Jamin, (jamin, jamin, jamin ……)
    And I hope you like Jamin, too.

90. Katiedid says:

So CUTE! And the baby monkey isn’t half bad either ;D

91. StormCat says:

MrsGilmore – I too, loved the butt key strokes!! That was the funniest one to me…

And I find the number of folks on here admiring the gorgeous young man, very amusing!! Here’s my question, has he been rescued? Does he have an older brother? Young father? I mean, really… It’s hard to find a good man out there, and to find one that’s willing to help save a cutie patootie like this little Baboon? Bring ‘em on!!!

92. Heather J says:

I want to snorgle and tickle and smooch and lerv on him… and the monkey too!

93. Re: Monkey photos: 1) CUTE 2) cute 3) cute 3) cute 4) cute 5) CUTE 6) *OMG* Cute and HOT! Who is this man, and where can I (and his apparent legions of other fans of hot men who love animals) find him!?

94. Wow! That man is attractive! There’s something about males showing affection to animals…

- A Dyke

95. Rachel says:

ahahaha, can there be a new category for “cute brown haired boys working in foreign countries holding baby animals”? because I’d be all over that.

96. fly'n bye says:

This post is keeeling me – side-splitting laughter at comments, hovertext and thinking of all the hearts set a-flutter by monk and hunk, mine included. Most excellent post NOMTOM!! BRAVO!

Thanks for giving this old phart’s heart a kick-start this morning!

97. Kiragirl says:

oooh, can I go to Camp Jamin? we be jammin’ we be jammin’

98. if there is a god, jamin and i would be together

99. Sheila says:

OH, NTMTOM, This was the best picture telling story, I have ever seen on CO.
    ROTFL, thank you for the laughs:-)

100. Cute monkey. He seems very contemplative. The guy mostly looks a little creepy.

/Another dyke

101. errrrr….i’m not looking at the cute monkey…duh

102. Prush Princess says:

I’ll take one of those- referring to Jamin

and one those- referring to the monkey

and some chocolate chip cookies please

103. I can’t help thinking that, if Jamin’s in baboon country and needs a fan in the tent (an electric fan, rather than all his fans on this site), that he’d really be more comfortable if he took off that shirt. And I suspect that I am unanimous in this.

104. (I'll do anything NTMTOM tells me. Anything.) says:

This was a great one to wake up to! cute baby and cute boy… and funny comments.. yes, all around good. Thanks to all .. esp. NTMTOM for reposting Jamin :D

105. Mary (the first) says:

0ops..forgot to change my name back.. heheheheh

106. NTMTOM, your caption storytelling capabilities have no equal. Brilliant.

And while I love that you created a “cute boys and their monkeys” dealio, I have to say that if we have Cats & Racks, then the far more fitting name would be Monks & Hunks. Equal opportunity objectification. :)

107. No, equal opportunity objectification would be “Monks and Packages”, but I’m not asking for that.

108. super adorbs!

109. Lyssiee says:

damnn that is one hot man ;D

110. still aaaaawwwwwwww for both of them:)

111. ShinyBlueSpaz says:

Can someone please tell me what Jamin does for a living? I’m a college student planning on going into veterinary medicine (I adore biology, chemistry, medicine, and bebe aminals), but my dream is to be able to travel to remote places and work to help exotic/endangered species. Any idea? Because whatever this handsome man does for a living it looks like hes doing it right!

112. men who love animals are the hottest of all.

113. Jimbeaux says:

Havin’ a really bad day. Brother just put in the hospital. I could really use a hug from a li’l monkey about now. :(

114. Pic #2, Lol! Is that Bernie Madoff?

115. Until today I thouight monkeys were not tender…Thanks!!!! You are CUTE!!!

116. @Jimbeaux: well, I’m nawt a cute liddol monkey; but this is from me…..
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Jimbeaux & his Brother }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ prayers, happee thots, & sunbeams to you ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

117. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@catinapastlife: That’s a good point! That picture does look like it was taken in a monks-imum security prison. (snerf, chortle)

118. I would like to snorgle Jamin, please. Hellooo, Jamin…

119. ilikechocolatemilk says:

OK, as with the last Jamin post, I’m going to request a “Pups n’ Pecs” category. While our hero here is holding a primate not a pup, “Cats n’ Racks” contains pics of much more than cats; including: ferrets, birds, a snake, squirrel, lemur, hamster, guinea pigs, sugar gliders and lastly a stuffed beaver. So, “Pups n’ Pecs” please, as a place for the photos of all the good-looking, animal-loving guys that are on CO. I know Jamin is not the only one.
    NTMTOM – awesome story as usual!

120. Baby monkey is darling, but that guy is hotter than a smokehouse in July.

121. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

(quietly here bcuz I know
    that I”m outnumbered by the gazillions of the other team, but…………………
    GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!)

(please continue the above interjection, ad infinitum.
    Or, if you prefer, ad nauseum)

(thank you.)

122. Who is the beautiful man holding that baby baboon? He looks so familiar….like a dead ringer for Gael Garcia Bernal, or someone equally beautiful. Maybe the lovechild of Bernal and James McAvoy…

123. Daphne Moss says:

LOL@Sarah….you are right him ;-)

124. Sheraprncesofpwr says:

Pictures are sooo cute. I wish we had an update to the story. I hope this orphaned baboon wasn’t “adopted” for a short amount of time then released into the wild. An adult baboon lacking fear of humans could easily equal death for the baboon. I also hope the pictures being posted are of a camp of animal behavioralist or some sort of positive group and not poachers or anything a long those lines.

125. Jimbeaux says:

Thank you cheshirekittehkat … It’s gonna be at least another day til the test results come back on my brother, but the hugs helped, and I’m sure he appreciates them, too.

126. Oh lord, you bought back the Jamin. That’s just not fair. How is a girl to concentrate at all now when you bring in the Jamin at the end of all that cuteness… stupid shiney white teeth and adorable grin… I’m not even going to mention the pecs…

Mmmm pecs…

127. heleen says:

WOW… a human in tha pic and nobody = complaning!
    Can you give that cute man and monkey a POPSICKLE :- )

128. Jamin *heavy sigh*

129. angela says:

What a hottie

130. metsakins says:

24 hrs. later and I’m still laughing at the bedtime story. but then again, I have no life.

131. dainty says:

I was all ‘aww a monkey’ but then I saw Jamin and now the monkey is much less relevant to my interests

132. WHAT A HOTTIE! I mean….clearing thoat…what a cute monkey….

133. Seriously, I`m thinking about printing that J.C.+Baboon-Pic on a shirt…need a new nightshirt anyway…

134. audreyienz says:

he is pretty. sigh.

135. @audrey: very, very deeeeeeep sigh. :-)

136. Pearl Gourami says:

I want to see what’s under that baboon in the last picture.

137. This was such an adorable set of photos!!!

138. @ Pearl Gourami: I want to BE the baboon in the last picture.

@ averagecowgirl: good idea for a nightshirt. Nice thought, going to bed with Jamin on your chest.

I still think he’d be more comfortable with that shirt of his off…. If it’s too snug to remove easily, I could help.

139. tell this contributor to keep sending them. so cute!

140. Hon Glad says:

Jamin is a bit shy,and is “ow you say” not so good at English. So I am sending this message for him.

“Ladeez, Ladeez, vu Amerikanish Ladeez are zo for ward. I feel vu want to trap me and take me back to your lair, like zee big spidey in ‘Zer Count of zer Rings’. To woo me, you must be more, ow you say Hon Glad” “subtle Jamin it’s subtle” “sank you, be more suttle, we ave a leetle meal togezser, we drink zer vino, zen we see eef
    we are simpatico, non?”

the above is the all purpose foreign accent, feel free to use it. Available on line
    @www.ackzentsareus.com

141. I was impressed by your blog is very impressive

142. The plot thickens... says:

Per Buzzfeed.com:
    Jamin C. says: “This is me with my baby baboon Majoca at our exploration camp in eastern Angola (west Africa). Her mom was killed so I adopted her!”

143. Finley's Mom says:

He is so cute.

And the monkey’s not bad either.

144. Janette says:

Please, forget animals. Make a blog about Jamin. With daily photos. Please.

145. human > baboon

146. As someone who knows and comes into regular contact with baboons, I can tell you that this animal has only 2 options ahead of it -> life in a zoo (unlikely) or having to be put down.

Adult male baboons are not pets, they do not have the relatively gentle ‘hierarchical’ societal structure that chimps or gorillas have.

An adult baboon is a scary animal, its social position in the group is to be defended violently. That means anyone: child or adult /human or animal that upsets its perceived balance (e.g. taking food at the wrong time) can be attacked.

147. Jamin on that Guy says:

Holy crap, that guy Jamin is smoking hot. Who is he, why is he in Africa? Why doesn’t Nat Geo or Animal Planet have a show that follows this guy around yet? Do we know people at Nat Geo or Discovery who can turn this into a reality?

WoW.

Want.

148. *faints*

Jamin is so very very hot.

149. kirsten says:

so adorable. my question is…WHO is the CUTE guy in the last picture!?

150. @ Andymo: Not sure if it makes a difference, but the baboon baby is actually female. Also, without knowing the circumstances, it’s hard to say what her future is.

Looks like she’s having fun, for now.

151. Ohhhhhhh myyyyy. Jamin is so good looking!