We got the beat

Make that—Maru’s got the beat.

Via fan Asaciel on our FaceBook page!

Comments

1. If we could combine Maru’s tail-bangin’ tamborine with Keyboard Cat’s ivory tickling, we may have something here.

2. And I am dancing to his tune…. \:D/

3. I think this is a repeat?

4. I mean no offense but I do believe, hyperbole aside, MARU IS THE AWESOMEST CAT IN THE WORLD.

5. No, Theresa, it’s a rebeat! *ducks flying tomatoes*

Maru could be an honorary member of Josie and the Pussycats!

6. Hon Glad says:

Sorry Maru, your just off the beat there, now take it from the top, watch my down beat and a one a two a one two three four.
    Message from recording booth, “Jeez, he’s no Evelyn Glennie.”

7. Maru kills me every time…more Maru please!

8. Andi from NC says:

Maru brings me such joy (esp at 5:30 am here on the east coast).

By the way, I didn’t know we could order our own Maru from Amazon – why didn’t somebody tell me!!?? *clicks over to Amazon website and breaks out plastic cash*

9. claresiobhanpr says:

I love how its just sat in an Amazon box xD

10. Christine says:

hmm….Déjà Maru?

11. Maru-sical!

12. edmundh says:

Excuse me while I browse the Amazon site to order myself a Maru.

13. Oh gosh, the latest Maru video got me giggling non-stop as well!

14. Nice product placement from Amazon. They should sponsor Maru – think of the tie ins!

15. Hey, Mr. Tambourine Cat, play a song for me…

16. When a striped cat plays it, it’s “Mr. Tabbourine Cat.”

17. I wonder if Maru is all male, if you know what I mean. It would be so nice to know he had little Maru’s in the world.

18. Kitty’s got talent!

19. marthava says:

Can there be any better way to set Monday off on the right tail, er, foot.

20. Thank you! Maru is so cute and I needed to laugh. I just lost my 14 year old cat DassBoots to complication due to diabetes. I miss him…

21. Maru is the BEST. He is so talented.

22. divinebluesky says:

Excellent! I agree, Maru videos are a wonderful way to start off a Monday.

23. happypiano says:

Gigi, I’m terribly sorry for your loss. *hugs*

24. tesstricks says:

I love watching my favorite artists’ live shows, but it’s always so sad when it’s obvious they can’t let go of their box addictions long enough to perform. :P

@Gigi: You have my sympathies, too. :(

25. Jerilyn says:

For your Monday morning alliteration: Mad Maru makes music.

@Gigi — so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

26. The internet has been around for years. Why has it taken this long to post a video of a cat’s tail playing the tambourine? Honestly, people….

@ Gigi, I’m sorry about DassBoots. Think of a memory that makes you smile.

27. O NO he/she/it DI-unt!!!! says:

….er….am I TRULY much less computer-literate than I had imagined, or ‘
    “Barooooooooooooooooooo??” Donde esta Senor Maruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu??

(Pining for the Fjords :( )

28. @ O-no
    the video is a Youtube Video Perhaps if you double click where the video is supposed to be it will take you directly to you tube.

IF not let me know I will find you a link

29. Maru has the world’s chunkiest tail ever. Like.

@gigi – I’m so sorry for your loss. We have two elderly kitties who are still pretty lively (at 16 and 19) but I know they can’t last forever. I know DassBoots can’t be replaced but I hope you’ll consider adopting another friend soon – it’s a tribute to your friend. (and that’s a great cat name, btw)

30. edmundh says:

A shoutout to Gigi – Sympathies and Hugs.

31. I love the emphatic final beat of the tail at the end.. :) Sort of makes you wonder, though, why Maru’s owner had a tambourine just sitting around the house ..

And for those of you who keep saying that you want more Maru, you can check out his website for new pictures/videos almost every day: http://sisinmaru.blog17.fc2.com/

32. Wicked says:

That video is so made of awesomeness!

33. Katrina says:

Gigi- my condolences, and yes, what a great name and do find another animal companion,you are obviously a wonderful ani-mommmy! Best wishes to you.

MARU! I adore that block of a cat.

like to think that the owner went out and got an tambourine, inspired by that thick waggin tail- they might as well put him to use-you know, like wind power!

34. Copperbat says:

Sue: I am betting Maru’s owner had that tambourine custom made and tuned just for Maru. No doubt made from the finest imported hand-bent satinwood, Alpine chamois skin, antique french millinery ribbon, and coins from the Atocha.

35. Snowpea says:

@Gigi: sorry for your loss. It always hurts to lose our furry friends. When we lost Spencer, our 7-year old ball of fluff, to cancer last year, I was bereft… He was a rescue I found half dead in the street, and nursed back to health. I figured the best way to honour him was to rescue another kitty from the pound. We still miss Spencer, but we’re happy Milo has found a home with us. He helped us smile through our tears.

@Jace: thank you for posting that.

36. Looloobelle says:

This is hilariousness itself. Kinda makes you wonder if Maru’s owner has a dayjob though…!

37. MamaLana says:

I love Maru!!!!!! Really, really!!!!!!

38. {{{Gigi}}} No one will ever replace that sweet cat, but when you’re ready, there’ll be another to make new memories with you.

As for Maru, I love the way his person plays with him. Maru is obviously intelligent and needs the stimulation. I don’t think Maru is, ahem, intact so no babies but, does he have siblings???

39. Paunchie says:

Did you guys see the climbing the shelf vid someone posted up above? THAT is freakin awesome. Come on, fatty, you can do eet! lol.

40. Maru is the best cat ever :D

41. Elsajeni says:

I am really impressed by Maru’s owner’s level of dedication. I mean, following your cat around with a video camera all the time is one thing — following him around with a video camera while holding a tambourine at the perfect angle for him to play with his tail is quite another.

42. I heart Maru Mondays…. now that would help me to face the week. Just one helping of Maru every Monday morning, please. *making with the little puppie-dog -eyes and the I’m-so-sad,-only-you-have the-power-to-cheer-me-up voice*

43. Joools says:

What cracks me up is that he seems totally unaware of the funky rhythm his tail is pounding out… I really think they don’t know their tails belong to them. And bless dear Maru, His Obliviousness can’t be bothered to figure out where that sound is coming from, and why.

44. fly'n bye says:

@Gigi, hugs and sympathy for your loss :(

45. Tigress says:

I just love this. Especially near the end, the look of “why are you putting that thing in the way of my tail?”

46. I just have to know, are those lightbulb curtains? They have a great idea!

47. mooshes smooches, maru.
    Don’t cats make the sound of maru when they’re angry. Ears back – love it!

48. Maru balancing on that tiny ledge is quite the achievement… and to play music simultaneously… well I say bravo!

49. Is there NOTHING Amazon won’t put in one of those boxes?