I’m detecting microscopic amounts of cuteness

ENHANCE!!!

Tori S. says: “One of the biology professors at my college breeds angora rabbits. She brings them in for the students to help socialize, so they’ll be nicer pets (don’t worry, they’re not for experiments!!!) It couldn’t be better timing than right now, what with finals coming up and everything. So, a bunch of us took picture of/with the bunnies.”

Comments

1. What an excellent idea! Pet bunnies + socialization + students = win!

2. Andi from NC says:

Check out the mind-boggling “eyebrow” disapproval action! He looks so soft….

3. Jimbeaux says:

Where do I sign up for bunny socializing class? I wanna go!

4. Queen of Dork says:

Professor Bunny McWhiskers is looking through the microscope at the H1N1 virus. He’ll have a cure in mock 7. (-3). and a half.

5. I can just imagine the sign-up list for this “extra credit” activity!! (my name about 30000000000000000000000000000000000 times).

6. earlybird1 says:

Bunny socialization… the cure for angoraphobia.

7. Hon Glad says:

“Ah yes, the Gametes and the Zygotes are getting it together”.

8. Whoa!

9. harmlesslittleflea (Clare) says:

I’m a student in finals too.

WANT.

10. Trixie says:

Soooo soft. I do not approve of using that bunny’s fur to make a pillow for me, but if the bunny would volunteer to BE my pillow, I would oblige.

11. ant man bee says:

Wait — you mean to help the bunnies socialize, or the students? (I was a science nerd myself, long long ago….)

12. Queen of Dork says:

Merry Christmas! (I don’t know why I’m posting this. Sometimes I don’t even understand myself)
    But…great dancing in this video! Especially the twins! I perform that dance myself in my living room on a regular basis. :)

13. Lerrinus says:

Nicely done, earlybird1! :-)

Bunneh looks sooooo soft!!! :-D

14. @ ant man bee – I was wondering the same thing LOL!

15. wannadance says:

vanessa

not in any of the labs i worked in were rabbits mistreated or ‘sacrificed’. they helped develop
    A2 flu vaccine, as did i.

16. Queen of Dork says:

*admiring wannadance’s curtsy.* Very pretty!

17. cubbybutt says:

I am making a formal request for more pics of science-nerd bunnies.

18. Flowerdog says:

The bunny is way prosh!

(and the lady’s dress is very cute too! :] )

19. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Wish I would have had a bunny in science class. Might have actually enjoyed school more.

20. Hon Glad says:

wannadance – If curtsey’s can be sarcastic, that was one

21. N. Fritz says:

@Q of D: The ringtone on my cell phone is the Lucy and Linus theme. I get lots of compliments and getting phone calls always makes me do the happy dance!

22. Science!
    Check out the bunocular microscope.

23. Bunny sez:
    “You gotta focus this thing for me. I don’t have opposable thumbs, and my arms are way too short anyway.”

24. “I disapprove of what I am seeing through this microscope.”

25. I sure hope my professor comes in with bunnies instead of final exams. *fingers crossed*

26. And it’s especially necessary to socialize Angoras because they require daily brushings to keep all that fluff nice. I have a couple of fiber artist friends with angoras and they spin/knit/felt from them. One has a pair of rescued English Angoras named Sweater and Scarf.

27. Curtsey? I’m gonna do a Texas Dip! :P

28. fly'n bye says:

Texas dip? Velveeta and Pace Picante sauce? Sowwy, just being a smarta**.

29. fly'n bye says:

OMG! Just watched part of that video Vanessa posted, but had to stop…sick!

This is CUTE OVERLOAD !!! Lighten up girl.

30. Trixie says:

Posting a picture of a bunny peeking into a microscope crosses the line, but somehow posting that video doesn’t…. okayyyyy :O

31. Can you ban this “Vanessa” character? WTF

32. fly'n bye says:

Some people just like to be “downers.”

There must be a site for the chronically ugly at heart – maybe Vanessa should go there and be amongst her own kind and leave us ALONE thinking our happy thoughts and enjoying this site for what it is, not a soapbox!

33. fly'n bye says:

Why am I in moderation? Moderate Vanessa!

34. ShinyBlueSpaz says:

Teh bunneh is searching for teh qte molecule, made up of Hamster (Ha) and oxygens.

35. fly'n bye says:

I don’t understand how y’all can allow an inflammatory video to be posted, but put me in the broom closet in limbo here….lalalalaalaaadeeedaaaa….

36. ShinyBlueSpaz says:

And (apologies for the double post, sowee!) but nismo I agree with you entirely. Either that or there should be a bebeh animals socialization course for credit offered at all universities. Mebbe it could even be a major…

37. fly'n bye says:

bye bye, now.

38. oooohhhh, so THAT’S how they do the COXCU!

39. Up late tonight writing a paper on my personal “philosophy of science” (science education major). My philosophy definitely includes bunnies in the lab, participating in the advancement of cuteology, doling out disapprovement as necessary.

40. Hon Glad says:

fly’n bye – I hope that’s not a permanent bye on account of a troll. As for the modern
    major moderator, don’t take it personally, I think it works on certain word combos. It’s just a dumb piece of software. Says he confidently, not knowing what the hell he is talking about.

41. janet2buns says:

Dr. McWhiskers disapproves of squealing undergrads besmirching his fur with their sticky hoomin fingers. He wants to get on with his vereh important research in the field of cuteology. All this cooing and snorgling contaminates his microscope slides. When, WHEN will the stoopid hoomins learn their place???

42. LOL I can not count the times I get modified the Ed’s always pull me out eventually!

Hon Glad is right it is combos of words or symbols

43. Katrina says:

wannadance! Hi!

Love the bun-on-the-job. Every office should have at least one!

Fake it if you must Hon Glad- we listen to your every word! But you are correct in this instance-it is a dumb machine. I think we believe you so completely because of your lovely erect posture- let’s see if that got through!
    Love to all Peeps!

44. Katrina says:

Son of a gun, it did.

45. Katrina says:

I just wrote a comment with the word ‘erect’ in it, as in ‘erect’ posture. It is being moderated, as is this one, I expect.

46. Hon Glad says:

Katrina – Aten-shun, stand by your, bed office chair whutever.
    How pleasing to be semi-correct, not erect about something.
    rather than faking, it used to be called busking it.

47. Katrina says:

If you can busk a fair tune, now, say on your concertina (with or without small monkey), that would be OK, too!

Can I relax my posture now? I’m getting stitch in my side.

So, now we know at least on word that get “moderated.”

48. 260Oakley says:

Dr. Peter D. Rabbit is not here to look in no stinkin’ microscope. He’s here to inspect the Bunsen burners.

49. Hon Glad says:

Karina – at ease, but I just mean ease, no slouching. :)

50. Garsh, I hope my “posture” is good enough for this comment thread.

51. fly'n bye says:

Hey Hon Glad!. No, not gone for good – can’t stay away from CO, don’t cha know!

52. bunnylove says:

Cute bunny, but I wish people would adopt rather than get bunnies from breeders. There are so many that need a home!

53. Coreopsis Major says:

Yay bunnies!

I am at the same institution, and I took some great pictures of the same biology instructor’s bunnies at the bio picnic last year:

IMG_2606.JPG

The bunnies came to visit the library today, but I didn’t have my camera on me so we didn’t get any pictures of that. We do welcome baby bunnies in the library here, though!

By the way, the person who raises these bunnies is selling them in a very specific market for people who want to spin with hair combed from the bunnies. She’s incredibly good at educating potential buyers about the work it takes to comb the hair of these bunnies, and she does indeed suggest that if you’re just looking for a pet, one of these long-haired bunnies is not the best choice! She also adopts angoras who need new homes, on occasion. So yeah, right there with ya on the “adopt if you can” thing!

54. Tori S. says:

Thanks to everyone who liked the picture, and for the great comments too, they made me smile! I can’t take all of the credit though, it’s mostly on Cabigale (the bun in the picture), my friend in the picture, and the bio profs here – for bringing the bunnies, allowing us to bring them to lab/other locations, and for suggesting the picture setup! Let’s hear it for the faculty**!!!

The bunnies are LOVED by all the students here, and faculty and staff too. They go everywhere, like Coreopsis Major said. They are very well socialized at this point, which is good since they will have to be handled their whole lives due to their long, high-maintenance fur.

Less stressful lives for the bunnies = less stressful lives for the students!

(**May or may not be an attempt to earn brownie points during finals week! ^_^ )