Consider Your Facade Blown, Pretty Kitty

In an unusual move, “Cat Fancy Magazine” recently featured an expose detailing the necessary grooming and heavy airbrushing that goes into prepping a high-maintenance kitty for a print ad.

Let’s examine the “after” photos first:

Now prepare to be flabbergasted as we take a look at the raw footage of the very same kitty during the very same photo shoot:

Cute cats, Joyce S. and  Jesse F-A

Comments

1. *sighs* It’s always makeup and whisker mousse with these celebrity kittehs

2. This is the kind of airbrushing I can support!

That is one sweet looking wee kitteh.

3. 260Oakley says:

I’ll admit it. I only buy Cat Fancy Magazine for the Scottish Center Fold.

4. Wow, who knew makeup and airbrushing could make such a difference!

5. fly'n bye says:

ssssssssPOOOOFFFF!!!!

6. fly'n bye says:

Widdle striper looks so tie-tie. D’awwww, then ka-POW! LOL.

7. Smoosh face reminds me of Bloom County’s Bill the Cat. Yay!!

8. marthava says:

@RR – that is EXACTLY what I thought! I never knew a real cat could look exactly like Bill! lolol He appears to have a waaay lot more hair than Bill, though.

9. marthava says:

er…fur, not hair.

10. BonzoGal says:

@260Oakley: FTW!!!!!

The video cat is me in the morning… the photo cat is me from approximately 7:02am-7:43am… and then back to the video version when my “perky time” has worn off.

11. Amazing what they can do with a “Shopped” photo :::Bwahahahaha:::

12. Help NOMTOM or Prongs I am stuck in moderation

13. Is that a catnip hedgehog?

14. i used to not like smoosh-faced kitties, but now i find them somehow endearing.

15. @hyura: I’m with you on smooshed face kitties! CO gives me a whole new perspective on them…

I wonder how much airbrushing it took to turn the orange kitty into a gray one?

16. hahahahaha….nice one

17. @260Oakley You tikkle my punny bone!

18. aquasaline says:

i’m just really confused. doo da da doo da da doot da da doo doot…

19. What, next thing you’ll tell us those glamourpuss photos are shopped.

20. Mary (the first) says:

Interesting how air brushed kitteh matches his/her furniture and rug. Could be a decor decision or could be pragmatism.. then the fur balls around the house will blend in…

21. 260Oakley says:

@Theresa
    Much obliged, ma’am, but I like to think the best is yet to pun ;)

22. victoreia says:

@260Oakley: *GROAN*

Very punny; very, very punny. (Harumph!)

23. domanato says:

awww…that kitty needs botox big time…maybe a nosejob and face lift a la Heidi Montag would help lol?

24. I love that the modeling kitteh is doing the America’s Next Top Model, Tyra-taught smiiizeee, smiling with the eyyyeeez.

25. Jason A. says:

Winston?

26. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Theresa: I second the balloons and belly dancers for 260Oakley! (And that whole Colbert episode was one of the funniest I’ve seen from them recently.)

27. Hmmmm; luuks liek the After & Before piks:
    Kitteh has been perusing the makeover ads as seen in
    ‘Feline Loveliness Today Magazine’ and has been bamboozled into trying a new kitteh beauty product, ostensibly to tame her wild locks: You Like??? :wink:
    (Also, it would appear that Kitteh has changed her fur color as well,
    probably with ‘New Kitteh Hue’, or ‘Dingy Furr NoMoar’, or some similar product…..) :roll:

28. Horseperson says:

WAIT A MINUTE! the photo cat’s eyes are blue but the video cat’s eyes are amber!!! You cant fakeTHAT!

29. @ Prongs :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Sorree about the ‘after & before’ piks reference, and another ‘cat magazine’ as well:
    I abhor plagarism in any form, and I did not mean to copy any part of your intro….
    (I did not read it thru completely before I posted my comment; My Bad…..!)
    this is wut happens when I stay on CO too long……. Blaaaargh!!!!

30. cambridge_rat_mom says:

Just as I always suspected…

31. Ha ha :) That was great!!

32. Theadosia says:

@Horseperson, Paris Hilton’s eyes aren’t naturally blue either. It’s amazing what can be done with coloured contact lenses and the right shade of eyeliner.

33. Molly is a success, love seeing their pictures in magazines, is Brazilian and beautiful, the top number one, Gisele Bidchen cat´s.

34. It’s a really great thing to keep a cat (or otherwise they keep you) indoors. This feller would have a hard time with the bullying and all…think of the bullying on Facebook if he didn’t have someone watching out for him. We love those faces only a mother could love.

35. @cheshirekittehkat
    How DARE you!! I kid, kid. And “Feline Loveliness Today” magazine? SNL could write a skit around that title.

36. Bedroom eyes.

37. kibblenibble says:

I love both kitties! I do appreciate the before and after humor, however, being the mommy of a smush-faced kitty, I see the beauty in them that others perhaps do not. :-)

38. AWW :D I would just love to cuddle the little tabby kitty as well as the smush-faced kitty :D

39. @RR (7) Thanks for that! I couldn’t remember Bill the Cat’s name. It probably would have come to me around 3:00 a.m. but this way, I can go to sleep and not worry about when those two brain cells would fire together! ACK!!

40. No way is that airbrushed! The orange kitteh is the grey kitteh´s stunt double!

41. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

@ 260Oakley: I (frankly) DON”T CARE WHAT anyone else’s opin ‘
    (except your OWN opinion, ‘course) is ….

THAT WAS YOUR BEST OF CAREER

YOU MAY retire now to Bermuda.

(or to …..wait for it…….HOTmuda. Do ya see what I did there?????? HUH???
    DO YA??? HUH????)

signed,
    A hopeless Amateur
    (But an admiring of 260O’s)

42. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

OK FOLKS Here’s the thing….

I gots (among other useless amazing items) a leeeeeeeeetle phrase to impart among anyone in COland who cares to enjoy. If ya don’t care to; great; head on below me comment with all friendliness. I wanna direct this to the GALS (but prob some fellow….jist might get all worked up over it ….or not….whatev’s)….Here goes:

At a nightclub/ pub where I used to show up every now and then (here in the Northern Edge of FLA, ALSO known as the Southern Edge of GA)……
    one year at around the Halloween weekend for some reason, we were having quite a surprisingly chilly bit o’ weather (by the standards of N FLa anyhow)
    and this gal I knew had made all these elaborate bits & pieces of wonderful translucent black almost sheer fabric…..into a traditional “Persian” (not the politically correct word these days but it gives the history feeling) belly dancer/ genie from a bottle costume….Had begun planning & constructing it to the Nth degree, weeks and weeks prior.

The term she used (it was at the time, new to me; it probably might date back to the Minoan civilization for all I know…) was that wearing that sheer, translucent, flowy fabric with outdoor temperatures that were quite cold ….
    gave her “party hats” in a place where the relevant attributes are a bit more…loose and relaxed & bouncy.

okeydokey now I’m outta here bye

43. snorglepup says:

I shall now think of “party hats” when the weather is nippy.
    What did you dress up as?

44. Heee. That cat’s face is crunched. Cute.

45. That expression belongs to a kitten going on full-on cat.

46. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Grey kitty’s just a little flirt with them eyes, that’s what she is…

47. The persian kind of reminds me of Ogra from the Dark Crystal.

48. MAx is one ugly cat but it’s just somehow still adorable. This cat is a paradox on it’s own for it’s cute ugliness.

49. I did not know that Wilford Brimley had a kitty modeling career.

50. toriwannabe says:

Wow – that Botox really DOES help with frownlines.

51. The kitten photos is called Molly and I had a month old in these photos. She was very curious with cameras and why did this look when he took pictures. Which has a video where she is not posing for photos, but playing with my mother. Her beauty is natural :-)