THIS JUST IN: The smallest horse in the world

What is this miniature horse week? Meet Einstein, the Guinness Book’s Smallest Horse, weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds at birf!

Tizminihorses@.com is the proud breeder, Sarah V., the alert Sender-Inner.

Comments

1. i want to cuddle one…awwww…. so adorable

2. Well, just what I need, a pocket sized horse!
    *swipes*

Srsly though, how can you be the worlds smallest if you’re a bebeh still?

3. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

….eh bien, c’est adorable alors!!!

btw, does anyone happen to know how they distinguish btw one critter being
    “a SMALL horse” and another critter being “a pony”?? I THINK that something is tickling the back of my mind that it has to do with proportions (horses’ legs proportionate to the length of their back or something along those lines) but
    eh???? — whaddoIKNOW????

ONLY the cuteness.

AND, that I want one.

4. This teeney sweetie is the prototype for the hottest 2010 Christmas Toy;
    All the kids are going to want one: reserve yours without delay!!
    But you gotta call now: have your credit card ready!!!

5. Oh, REEKING cute!!!

6. Copperbat says:

Heehee the lil fella almost needs a high chair to eat!

7. d’awww! “Maybe one day I’ll carry her!”

8. Copperbat says:

O NO: You’re on track with the pony/horse differences. Ponies are usually proportionally wider-barreled, larger-boned, with shorter limbs and necks, and steeper angulation. They often have bushier manes/tails, and a proportionally wider brainpan than horses.

9. The only official difference between a horse and a pony is simply height. If the critter is above a certain height, it’s a horse; if below, it’s a pony. Pony breeds often are built a bit differently than horse breeds — larger heads and shorter legs, iirc — but the only formal difference is just the height.

I am boggled at seeing a cat-size horsey critter though! I want to help with the scratchings!

10. Purse horses: Soon to replace Chihuahuas and Pomeranians in the bags of rich girls.

11. So adorable!! (Doc’s pretty cute, too). Wonder why they named him Einstein? Don’t know if I should let Mrs fft see this, or she’ll want to buy one and put it in the guest room…

12. I was waiting for this to show up! Bestest real horse ever.

Almost as good as cartoon version:

13. Dustbunny says:

fft5305 — I think they named him Einstein because he’s relatively small.

14. @Dustbunny – LOL!! :D

15. I live an hour south of Barnstead, so I’m proud we NHers’ have set a record for the smallest horse. We do have quite a few speciality animals like llamas that are bred for their hair and for backpacking. May Einstein provide lots of love for everyone.

16. LovesDogs says:

I. WANT. HIM. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. I need to hold him and cuddle him and give him smooochies.

17. OK guys, I would like to point something out:

That horse weighs less than my MINIATURE DACHSHUND. (Who, I might add, is in fine shape and not one of the overweight belly-dragging dachshunds.) That is INSANE.

18. the bug man says:

“Hey, what are these things? Legs, you call them? Legs, hmmm… I wonder what they do. Well, they seem to do *that*… and that!! Wow, these “legs” work pretty good! Let’s see what else they can do!”

19. Seriously? Not yet? Well then… *ahem*

OMG PONIES !!!!!!!1!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!!!!!!ONE!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Awww! This is not only so gosh-darn cute, it’s appropriate, as today I am feeling a little hoarse. :)

21. Oh, the knobularity!
    He weighs less than most babies do at birth!
    I so want one, some people have puppies, I’d get me a mini-tiny-squishy cutie pie.
    Oh, if only, sigh.

22. Maybe if you didn’t poop so much you wouldn’t be so small.

23. That’s smaller than my house-rabbit!

24. BStrange says:

The little shakes that wouldn’t scare the most cowardly fly are SO adorable. And it cracks me up when a horse scratches behind its ear with its hoof no matter what size it is! AaAawWwww.

25. hehe soo cute!!:D

26. that babeh is just up in barnstead! a near neighbor – who knew???

I do luff the shake shake shake!!!

27. fly'n bye says:

OMG! Teeeeeneeeee horsieeeeee!!!

28. BabyOpossum says:

Squee equals MC-squared.

Q.E.D.

29. victoreia says:

My Ezri girl weighs twice as much as this horsie! 8-O

oh, and . . . OHMYGOD PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Jenn in IL says:

EEEEEEEEHN! The running! The RUNNING!

*falls down ded*

31. sqeeee.. wish i could hug a horsie like her :).

32. AWWWWWWW!!!!! I love Einstein!!!! Can I have him?

33. Victoria says:

this is the most adorable pony i have ever seen!!! O///////O

34. Awww my uncle Charlie and aunt Rachel are his proud owners! I can’t wait to show them that Einstein made it onto cuteoverload! They’re gonna die :)

35. EllieB says:

This is ridiculously cute, I agree, but am I the only one who notices that weirdness in the right hind leg? The foal’s fetlock hits the ground when he puts weight on it… that joint just looks odd…