What’s Your Front-door Personality?

In the online era, a knock at the front door can be an unusual event, and how we respond to it reveals our personality. Which of these common types are you?

Outgoing: You fling the door open with a hearty “howdy, neighbor!” Not even the sight of religious pamphlets or Amway samples can dim your welcoming mood.

Reserved: You’ll crack the door open a little bit, but leave it on the chain, ready to make a hasty retreat at the first sign of magazine subscription forms.

Withdrawn: You peek only through the peephole, speak only through the intercom, and haven’t been out in direct sunlight since 1998.

Knock-knock, Amelia B.

Comments

1. Ha! Sometimes against my better judgment (safety considerations, you know), I tend to be the top kitty: Outgoing.

Love the kitties, but what IS that orange thing, anyway?

2. Ok this made me really laugh out loud. Especially the hovertext. Thanks for that NOMTOM! :lol:

3. TrixandSam says:

These little beauties are just STINKIN’ CUTE!
    (And thank you NOMTOM for the Three Stooges shout-out.)

4. rapunzel210 says:

I love the Three Stooges hover text reference on the first–totally cracked me up!

5. 260Oakley says:

They are obviously waiting for the doormouse to show up.

6. you can TELL the outgoing one is an extrovert, he even dyed a red streak in his hair :)

7. i wanna see the leetle one the right get his hayd back through the hole!

and could we have teh backstory, pwease?

8. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Ceejoe: No can has backstory. We no has. :(

9. That last pic reminds me of that scene from Revenge of the Nerds where they’re canvasing the areas for places to put their homeless-housemates and the paranoid guy answers the door and talks to them through the mail slot.

10. 260Oakley says:

Behold! The Holey Trinity
    (go look it up in your catechism)

11. “I’ll need to see some identification, mom.” :D

12. hahah kitteh number 2 – the hole looks juuuusst a bit too small and it’s stretched back his forehead & eyelids!

13. Noelle (the First) says:

You forgot the “turn down the tv and pretend you aren’t home” group. Or maybe that kitty is behind the others shouting “close the door”! :)

14. #3 fo’ sho’! Thanks for making my day. This was too cute for words!

15. hahahaha i’m definitely #3 – “withdrawn” when it comes to knocks on the door haha

16. LOL I am kitty Number One Yes I fling open my door to say Hey Neighbor how are you today….. LOL Unless it is late at nightthen I am kitty number 3

Hello Hello Hello!

17. win WIN WIN :D

18. Outgoing? My first thought was “NObody sees the Wizard, not NObody, NOhow!”

19. O No he(she/it) DI-unt!!!!!! says:

@ KittyAd: I know that I KNOW that when Her Majesty QoD arrives en scene ce soir, she will join you at Door # 1!!!!

Paix a tous les gens et les animaux

20. With a head that large and fuzzy, one has to assume that kitteh #1 backed his way into that hole, bum-first.

21. skippymom says:

Oh man, I really love this. I can just imagine Eddy greeting me when I get home tonight with “I’ll need to see some identification, Mom,” and the others will be all telling him he’s a big dummy and pushing him away from the door to welcome me in enthusiastically.

p.s. Hi, Theo!

22. By far one of the cutest posts (to me) ever.

Reserved kitty is trying to ehn his head into the hole. :-)

23. O No he(she/it) DI-unt!!!!!! says:

– Y’know, you just *might* want to add a Fourth Category, titled
    “Front. Door”……What does that MEAN???”

(Y’know, for people who inhabit small rooms with only iron bars on the doors and perhaps one small window w/ chickenwire inside the glass)

24. one, two, tree!
    very cute & lovley face!

25. Withdrawn!!! So cute :)

26. eastiegirl says:

If somebody I don’t know is ringing my doorbell, I’m definitely #3!

Love this post!

27. skippymom says:

Um, Leslie? Are you, like, in jail, or something?

28. Hovertext FTW. “I’ll need to see some identification, Mom”. I am totally saying that the next time my mother buzzes my apartment.

29. Paunchie says:

Is she making a back door innuendo?

30. It must be the “catberus”….lol

31. Your captions and hover text are spot on NOMTOM!

32. TrixandSam says:

@260Oakley – excellent Catalick reference.

33. zippythepoet says:

Three Stoogie Kittehs FTW!

Genius NOMTOM, genius — capshons, hovertext and all! ROFL!

34. hellochicadee says:

This post is by far one of the cutest I have seen on here! I love kitteh # 2’s hynoptized expression.

35. @Trixandsam, are you KIDDING me? ;)

@260Oakley, bless me, kitteh, for I have sinned. :P

36. u need one of those quick add buttons so i can share this on my fb. hilarious!

37. Kitteh 2 looks cheeky.

38. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a painting?! ISITREEEAL?!

39. i think i’m type #2.

40. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

Paunchie: why deearie-me, Ah hah-uv NO uhrthleh ideeeeeeeea why
    yew would ask such a question…..

(DAGNABBIT PAUNCHIE saw thru my clever new screenname too!!!I thought I was so very discreet, subtle & opaque in my namechange)

(*snerk* and *giggle*)

41. earlybird1 says:

Hahahahaha! Adorables! I am #3 fer sure, especially this time of year when all the solicitors come out of hibernation. No thankyou, I do NOT want triple-glazed vinyl-ethylene siding with a year of lawn care. NYERHE!

42. nelladarren says:

I need those pictures framed!!!

43. omg this is so stinkin’ cute!! i’m on the verge of a rainbow barf here.

44. caligirl says:

can you nosebeep kittehs??? if so …. *very carefully beep beep!*

45. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

OMG & D’OH! and gag!!!

My item #20
    was SUPPOSED to be written to SKIPPYMOM not Paunchie!!!

Signed,
    Here’s MUD in my eye.

46. Flutterby says:

Reserved here.

47. I’m refraining from making any derisive comments about “kitties” and “holes”. We’ll let Cute Overload remain, well, cute for today.

48. O No he(she/it) DI-unt!!!!!! says:

Kat: thank you for the decision to demur. No sarcasm in my tone –truly sincere.

Peace.

49. O No he(she/it) DI-unt!!!!!! says:

@ earlybird1: but whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    nnnnnooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttt?????????

(*mischevious “troublemaker” giggle & snort/snerk combined)

50. Kitties … they are so cute, you just gotta love them!

51. Juniper Jupiter says:

Why does this remind me of the Electric Company tune, “I’m Pretty…”

“I’m pretty! I’m prettier! I’m the prettiest one of all!
    I’m tall! Taller! Tallest! You’re not so tall!
    I’m strong! Stronger! Strongest!
    I can hold my breath LONG! LONGER!! LONGEST!!!!!”

Mebbe cuz there are three kittehs? :P

52. #3 make seem quiet but it you put the tip of your finger near the hole he will show you his security system. Who needs guard dogs. Attack cat on duty.

53. To come in pleaze beep nose.

Ha Ha #3 is survelliance

54. i tend to stop, drop, and roll when people knock on the door, just to make sure noone can see me through the windows and know that i’m there.. even though the tv’s on and my dog is sitting on the back of the couch looking at me on the floor. not so good at hiding.

the good thing is, i’m teaching my dog to never open the door to strangers when daddy’s not around. :DDD

55. Hon Glad says:

Being British and overly polite, I open the door, listen to their full spiel, then say
    no thank you.
    I once answered the door wearing only a bathrobe, as I sleep comando style, I was
    otherwise nekkid. The two elderly lady Jehovas witnesses, still kept me at the door for ages it was winter and I was frozen.
    But it proves that it is partly true, that if someone steps on your foot both people will say sorry.

56. Squueeeeeeeeeze! xD

57. I’m the last one.

58. What gorgeous little faces, I could just eat them up with a little ranch dressing!

59. AWW :D I would cuddle all three little kitties :D

60. @Hon Glad :( You should of said “Sorry, but no, I am not interested.” :( I remember a friend of the family who greeted Jehovas witnesses at the door wearing a speedo :) They left in a REAL hurry :)