My Little (mini!) Pony

My Little Pony, My Little Pony
All in a twinkling spring is here
My Little Pony, My Little Pony
When did all the leaves and grass appear?

(Actual lyrics, I couldn’t make that crap up) But seriously Folks, get a load of this awesomeness:

The awesomely cool JoAnne @ Pacific Pintos Minature Horse Farm does it again. Don’t miss the Mare Cam! And if you’re really brave, the BIRTH of the mini pony above!

Comments

1. Katiedid says:

OMG! MINI PONIES!!!!!1!!!!one!11!!

2. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

I’m ded. That pony is smaller than my husky! DO WANT!

3. Will it sleep in bed with me at night????

4. 260Oakley says:

He would like to sing the My Little Pony theme song for us, but he can’t because he’s a little horse.

5. ogeminijune says:

I want to play with mini bebeh horsie in the grass!!!

6. Ozkamayawena says:

I HAVE LEGS!!!

7. Oh no you didn’t 260Oakley.

8. Check it out – a Maru-sized pony!

9. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Squeequine!

10. @260Oakley: HAHA!

11. And what is with My Little Pony items now? Back when they first came out they looked like, well, ponies. Now they’ve got bad nose jobs and look like sea creatures. Study miniature baby pony above, Hasbro!

12. Oh my, he’s about the size of my chi/sheltie mix!! I watched the birf of the rubber-legged mini bebbeh. *thud*

13. OMG TEENY TINY PONIES!!111111!1!1!111!!!!!!!!

14. kitty-crap says:

The spot on his forehead looks like the place where they screw on the unicorn horn!

15. Love how crazy bebeh antics are all pretty much the same, no matter the species.

16. A poneh you can peek up and cradle in your arrrrms!!!!!

Aw, he’s a little Shadowfax. Show us the meaning of haste!

17. THE FROLICKING!!!
    I almost peed myself from squeeing.

18. he needs some sparkles and pink hair!
    Snicker! ohhh yes and a mini brush with a flower on it colored terquoise!

19. Flutterby says:

I love watching babeh horses playing, scampering about and so full of themselves!

20. WANTS!!!!!

They be purrfect for Happy Wetnoseday! :D

21. Clearly the definition of scampering. Also, looks like he has a wee chocolate milk ‘stache!

22. Gamboling?

23. K-nobbularity!

24. I think I understand the term “pocket ponies” now.

25. Is it just me, or does his head have its own moons?

26. oh mai. what a little bulbous head you got there.

SKIPPITY JUMP!

27. “mummy! mummy! mummy! look at me mummy! mummy! mummy? mummy! play with me, mummy! mummy! mom? mummy?? mum! mum! look at me mummy!!! look at me running, mum! mummy? ma! mum! play with me, mummy!”

28. I keep thinking it’s gonna fall over on its nose from the weight of its head.

Anyone know what the music is?

29. O No he(she/it) DI-unt!!!!!! says:

@Tinky:

Luuuurrving “Skippity Jump”!!! MOST excellent (NOT in snarky juvenile tone)

and I’ll take a stab at a (?)moderately widely-researched musicologist semi-educated nickel bet, that the music is something involving Enya (performer) and someone who plays a marvelous piano something-other.

But then somebody is prob here who will nail the exact item in 4 words or less, in which case, I submit to my superior musicologist.

[Hmm, I definitely can hear why you’d say Enya, but I don’t think this is. The melody line is too simplistic, and that’s gotta be synth chorus. There’s no actual words and the notes fade from one to the next; no glissando, no separation, no variation. 8) – Ed.]

30. SO CUTE. The best part is; these cute little horses are being used to guide the blind! http://www.guidehorse.org/ OMG.

31. kokobutterbuns says:

This little fella doesn’t drop “road-apples”, he leaves “sidewalk-pips”!!!

32. LovesDogs says:

I. WANT. PONEEEEE. I. NEED PONEEEEE! *melted*

33. wow… he is so small :)

34. We should introduce him to Bee, the sproinging lamb, and watch the two of them sproing all over that lucious green meadow.

35. paulajeanne says:

I agree, he looks like there should be a spiral gold horn springing out of his forehead. Def a unicorn bebe!

36. Blue Menro says:

Loving the eye capsules!

37. The FIRST thing I thought this little guy was, was a Unicorn, too! I had to take a double-take. HA! <3

38. @ Sue: Seconded!

39. Awwwww! He frolics so joyfully!

Is it just me or is there something very peculiar about the shape of his head?

40. victoreia says:

Hmmm…….I wonder if mom would beat the weight limit on dogs in my apartment building……On second thought, I don’t have enough frolicking room. :(

(@paulajeanne: shhhh! it’s a stealth horn! it’s invisible!)

41. WANT!!!WANT!!!WA……splat…….ded from the QTE!!!

42. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

@ Ed re your reply to my # 29:

“So noted.” ;)

PS: nice musical technique vocabularic acrobatics there!!! We are OFFISHE impressed, and also appreciative!!!

43. ZOMG someone bred a pony with a chihuahua!

44. gillysirl says:

Wow I guess I’m the only one that finds that creepy.

45. @ Alex – I thought Chihuahua-pony too… has that bulbous chi head.

46. Catsquatch says:

If they would only stay that size, Id never hafta mow my lawn again…..
    ;)

47. Thank you so much for this link!!

I clicked on the Marecam and saw the birth of their newest filly LIVE, congratulations PacificPintos!! That was SUCH a thrill!! I still can’t believe it!

48. He looks like he’s trying on somebody else’s head. Cuter with own head. But still very cute!

49. [Hmm, I definitely can hear why you’d say Enya, but I don’t think this is. The melody line is too simplistic, and that’s gotta be synth chorus. There’s no actual words and the notes fade from one to the next; no glissando, no separation, no variation. – Ed.]

hahahaha Ed. Spot on. Spot. On.

oh and ELEVENTY ONE!!!!111! PONI3S!

50. KittyMarthaPoo says:

WHAT A GORGEOUS CREATURE. Lots of huggies & kissies.

51. I think the lady in the first picture is holding the remote control for the bebeh poneh!

52. oh my guhhh this little behbeh needs to grow into its’ back legs!!! how prosh!

and lovinnn the momma’s braided bangs. so unicorn-like!

53. minecritter says:

Itsy bitsy is a medicine hat pinto, too!

54. BStrange says:

Needs to wipe his chin after drinking cocoa. So cuuute.

55. cassandra says:

awwwwwwwww!!!! I’d love to call him merrylegs. I think mama pony is beautiful.

56. Surrealle says:

Adorable horse, and finally, a youtube video with music that doesn’t make me cringe. Wouldn’t quite put it on my ipod, but at least I didn’t have to mute the darn thing, lol.

57. Weird head. The foal might have dwarfism which is often fatal. Don’t get too fond of it. Sad stuff.

58. Actually he is pretty darn perfect for a miniature horse. No dwarfism here.

You want to see great, horse-like, leg to body proportions, which he has. You do not want them to look like a pony (with shorter legs). They should look like a horse that was shrunk down, but all the proportions should look right. And his movement in the video shows he is not just a pretty face, but athletic and conformationally correct. He actually has a Arabian-type dishy head, with a tiny muzzle.

He was a little anxious to come out of his dam and move to the music. So he came out a bit early, hence his smaller birth size of 13 pounds. He has filled in since we took this video at just two days old. Most miniatures are born in the 20 – 25 pound range. Yep, I am the horse breeder. Joanne @ Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses ! Thank you for your comments. They made me smile!