The Adequate Escape

By 0600 hours, we were ready. It was agreed that Hurwitz and O’Malley would stage a scuffle during breakfast, to distract the guards and give us time to smuggle spoons under our uniforms. We then met at the east fence, where patrols were lightest. The resistance would have a stolen civilian vehicle waiting for us.

“This is Riley,” says Carrie B. “He was helping me garden. Kind of.”

Comments

1. And such a good little helper he is.. :)

2. Jimbeaux says:

Hee! Cute li’l puppyhed! *beeps nose*

3. 260Oakley says:

Riley, Ace of Spies

4. The dog-faced rock is very important for good drainage around your fence, to avoid wood-rot. Make sure you include this in your landscape plans for future projects.

5. Hon Glad says:

My Tom cat Sid has been supervising my planting of some perenials, his look seems to say “well, I’d show you the proper way to do it, if it wasn’t for the blasted lack of thumbs.”
    Which is better than my previous female cat The Honourable Gladys Amelia Anstruther,
    who after I had dug the hole ,squatted in it and peed!

6. LizzyBee says:

Took me a minute to find the pup. His head looked like a large, white rock until I noticed it was furry!

7. Andi from NC says:

I say plant more pups in your garden – way cuter than perennials!

8. 260Oakley says:

@Hon Glad
    I bet the Honourable Gladys thought you were planting peeonies.

9. Kind of early for poodles this year, isn’t it?

10. Flutterby says:

Riley Rototiller!

11. this looks exactly like my dogs and they do the same thing! I totally did a double take!

12. Carrie B. says:

It takes a lot of work to grow the elusive ‘head of maltese’ but so worth it when it ripens…

13. My cat Polly Walnuts dug up my tulip bulbs and replanted them for me last fall. I’m finding nice surprises in lots of unexpected places.

14. I think that dog is almost ready for harvesting.

15. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

no, no, NO!! Peeps (Overly Dramatic Sigh) !!!

This is the same doggeh who began our day with The Fuzzeh Wuzzeh
    Hokey-Pokey!!!

16. Flutterby says:

Wrong kind of plant… definitely not a collieflower. I know, a groaner…*sneaking off to bad joke corner, dunce cap in place*

17. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

(*snerk*)

(surreptitiously *winks* at Flutterby)

18. 260Oakley says:

Hmm, might it be a pugonia?
    (joins Flutterby in the corner)

19. Stressfactor says:

White dog. Dirt. I forsee that this will end in bathtime and pathetic wet dog….

20. TrixandSam says:

Hmm, and no one who has any sense would plant a dogwood so close to the house… (slinks off to The Corner…)

21. lol @ all the flower/plant puns… keep em coming!

22. well, at least they didn’t plant a “cat”alpa tree that close to the house

HAHAAHAHAHAHHAA…. sowwy….

23. Flutterby says:

Groaner Corner is filling up with fun peeps! Love it!

24. Someone’s gonna need a bath tonight! Mud puppy!

25. Basselope says:

“The Adequate Escape” lolz….now THAT was funny.

26. looks like a bichon frise puppy!

27. Flutteby, you sure it’s not a broccollie?

28. Muncho the cat used to help my mother plant the garden until she was ready to strangle him.

29. When the dog gets caught, does he go into the doghouse with a tennis ball to bounce against the wall?

(Great Escape ref. for those who don’t know.)

30. LOL! I didn’t even see Puppy at first!

31. Wasn’t a very adequate escape. It seems like Riley was caught before he could do any of type a nefarious deeds. :)

32. southern bell says:

This looks (and sounds) like something my bichons would do. They are very sneaky, elusive, and SMART! We have to “try” and stay 10 steps ahead of them. On their own it’s a little easier, but together…there may be another French Revolution. I guess it’s a good thing they don’t have thumbs.