Why Pixar’s Live Action “RatCatouille” Never Came to Be

Remi’s every pull and push felt like delicate Swedish massage to Carl, and he fell deeper and deeper into a blissful, purr-filled sleep:

Dammit, feline! I will not go back to playing Templeton in Tarrytown’s Community Theater!

Licky’s big break came during the last scene of Scorsese’s “Departed”, Stacey L.

Comments

1. Mary (the bleenth) says:

Awwwwwwww !!

2. Wrecks143 says:

Guess it only works for rats and humans. This version is MUCH cuter though ;)

3. Tiny rat and beautiful cat playing nice. Makes you believe there’s hope for peace in the middle east :P

4. That is quite possible the most stoned-looking cat I’ve ever seen in my life.

And I love it.

Also. I want that rat. It’s absolutely adorable!

5. It’s Necoco…nezumi!?!?

6. Wah! Kawaii! I’m not sure who the kitty is, but I think my behbeh rat Matcha has been moonlighting on me…

7. I just checked and there’s no mousie on my head. :(

8. 260Oakley says:

Cat has rats in the belfry.

9. 260Oakley says:

Rat’s in for a serious headtrip.

[Rat IS the serious headtrip. - Ed.]

10. My brother’s rats used to do this to their dog.

11. Sasha's mum says:

Well, duh! If you’re looking for a puppet to do your culinary bidding … you have to pick a creature with opposable thumbs!

12. Did you read Heinlein’s The Puppet Masters? This might look *ded* from teh cute right now, but actually this is just the charming rat’s first move in taking over teh kitteh world….

13. Whoa, dude, I am, like, so totally buzzed, man. Its, like, there’s a mouse or something on my head and I’m all, like, whatever, man, that’s cool,. What say you and I, like, go out and see if we can score some cheese, man, and come back and, like, watch some Iggy and Scratchy cartoons till dawn? Maybe this mouse thing will be gone by then.

14. Doxylover says:

HA, I just watched a repeat of The Departed yesterday. You are right, Licky was right there on the railing outside the window!

15. This is your Captain squeaking: We’re now traveling at an altitude of eighteen inches, and if you look to your right you’ll see the vast kitchen floor, where many battles were fought before the historic cat/rat peace accord of 2009….

16. Mousie’s wondering how he steers this thing.

17. Chanpon, ROTFLMAO!

18. Dude, what’s that big thing on your stomach?

19. I looooove cat smiles.

20. :twisted: That mouse would have the stuffings pounded out of it by our cat, Dooley :twisted:

21. Mary (the first) says:

I’m crushed that Prongs edited my name just because of unfortunate timing vis-a-vis when I saw and therefore commented on this lovely photo. I would be all in a huff about it but these guys are TOO sweet to maintain any huff for long.

22. Matahari says:

This brought an instant smile to my face!

23. chillcat says:

That is one beautiful, sweet kitteh face! Lucky for da schmoush!

24. Rats Rule! Need I say more?

25. sarahdearest says:

That cat looks like he’s been celebrating 4/20/10!!!! : D

26. I love those rodents on a cat’s head. It might become a trend! Here are two more, from a while back:

Has anyone got more links to similar images? :)

27. You guys are idiots, the reason this rat is on the cat’s head is because it has been infected by a parasitic protozoa called Toxoplasma gondii. If you don’t believe me, do your research. Here’s a link the wikipedia overview of T.Gondii – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

“T. gondii infections have the ability to change the behavior of rats and mice, making them drawn to rather than fearful of the scent of cats.”

“Studies have also shown behavioral changes in humans, including slower reaction times and a sixfold increased risk of traffic accidents among infected males[12], as well as links to schizophrenia including hallucinations and reckless behavior[13]. “