Sunday Wrap-Up: MeMe the Internet meme

The most popular post of the week was checking in on MeMe, the Japanese* kitten star with his own books, DVDs, shirts, pillows, mugs, you name it! Apparently, MeMe is an Exotic Shorthair [Smooshicus Facicus] and has managed to entrance beellions of peoples.

*Natch. Oh, and more pics, like MeMe bath time here.

Comments

1. mintyheart says:

isn’t his head a bit too small for his body?

2. Tiny needle-like claws ready for deadly cuteness attack.

3. kibblenibble says:

teh peenk tongue…teh sharp, scawy clawses… *sigh*

4. Between Maru and MeMe, Japanese cats shall be the end of me.

5. Oh Meg, the bathtime photos are hiliarious! God Bless Japan!!

6. Adorable! But I still like Maru the most… my favourite smooshy-face kitty :)

7. What exactly is happening here????!!

8. An Exotic Shorthair!? So she’s Winston’s cousin!!!

9. It’s international MeMe mayhem.

10. that cat is so beyond adorable its hard to put into words.

11. leaves of cat grass says:

dedly!!!! but imagine in fish-eye lens!? i don’t think i could handle that level of cute. i would give anything to hear that little mew…. beep.

12. MamaLana says:

That is just too freakin’ cute it is!

13. Teeny Gozer says:

Is MeMe that rarest of kitteh-cats, a male Calico? My common off-the-street female Calico (who has very similar markings but a non-smooshy-face) wants to know!

14. :D AWW :D I would just LOVE to cuddle and snorgle MeMe :D Me and everyone here that is :twisted:

15. Her own books, DVDs, etc, I’m pretty sure. A male calico is technically possible, but exceedingly rare and only occurs as the result of an extra X chromosome.

16. Well, even if MeMe is male, he’s probably sterile. Or a chimera.

I’m not really a big fan of smooshed face cats myself. But cats are nice all around so at least he’s got that going for him.

17. Ozkamayawena says:

Only in Japan would someone photograph, circle, then pixelate, cat poop.

18. I let Google Toolbar translate, with hilarious results.

“Hi. End. It was easy to me – quiet well.

I also wet cute. . . Spit your child! – Pleasant.”

19. victoreia says:

@ShinyHappyGoth: you mean an extra Y chrosome, but I getcha.

20. That bath picture is just too much.

21. His paws remind me of the “Treeee starrrrrr”s from The Land Before Time… :)

22. ^ Thank you Oz. As much as I love, LOVE MeMe I was all, “Are they really showing us the poop?” :D

Ya gotta admire that kind of devotion. Can’t get enough of MeMe posts though!

23. This is very random but when I looked at that kitten’s face I immediately thought of Charlie on Flashforward (the little blond daughter of FBI agent Benford). She often has a worried expression that looks just like this kitten! Am I crazy or does anyone else watching the show think so too?

24. misscrisp says:

The pixelated poop is redonk. Was about to link it! Meme is super cute but almost ~too~ anime for me. I was also thinking she and her mother resemble Koi fish. Mighty pretty, and those amber eyes!

25. I think if MeMe lived in my house I might actually eat him or something.

26. FYI — meme is a SHE! calico coloring = female! :)

27. Flutterby says:

Claws = prongs. I think of the cartoon cats when their claws pop out and make that cartoon-y *poing* sound.

28. Seeing that much cuteness makes me tie-tie. Must seep now & have beautiful kitty dreams.

29. Oh my, Uncle Fuku is not amused!

30. aggiebot5 says:

@victoreia A male calico would be XXY rather than XY, so extra X. In humans, this condition is called Klinefelter’s syndrome.

My genetics teacher would be proud of me for remembering…

31. “Ekizo from strong oil, shampoo, and you do not like”

heeeee! She’s so widdle!

32. A cup of kitten, a dash of vanilla….

the smooshed face variety make the best cookies!

33. I dunno….I kind of miss Maru-mayhem. He has his own book too, you know. And I’m pretty sure there’s no poop involved.

34. AnnCanCanCan says:

I’m almost afraid to ask, but what happened to the OTHER kittens?

35. AnnCanCanCan, I wouldn’t worry – seeing how well MeMe is loved by her humans, I bet her siblings got some very fine loving homes too. But maybe not their own websites. . . MeMe’s humans are pretty far out-there, even by Japanese CuteOlogy standards.

36. so funny!