And the Stork Flew Away with a Hernia

There’s a new 147-pound addition at Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL!

A baby reticulated giraffe was born just days ago to mom Teesa and dad Sterling. The calf will stay with mom in an area away from guest view so the baby can be closely monitored to ensure that the newborn is nursing and growing properly. After a few months, the duo will join the other animals on the Serengeti Plain, where they will surely experience a lot of rubbernecking.

As always, thanks for the updates, Nick G.

Comments

1. Daphne Moss says:

You may admire me…

2. mischievous madchen says:

but only from a distance of my choosing…

3. Oh schweet!

4. a result of maculate conception?

5. (To Cute webmasters:just to say the Lazy Caterday slide is UNDER the cuteoverload logo and I cannot click on it)… I’m using Firefox.

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@ Snowpea: There is an error in this new header that will be corrected shortly. Thanks for letting us know, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

7. I do believe that Sterling is the best name ever for a giraffe papa. I look forward to hearing what this little cutie is named–what a great face!

8. I’m pretty sure I could keep a baby giraffe in my backyard and no one would notice (except for the babytalk). Would that be wrong?

9. 260Oakley says:

That’s so beautiful. Yes, I am a neckrophiliac.

[Um… yeah… :| – Ed.]

10. TrixandSam says:

Ooo, Oakley’s just gone blue. er…

11. 260Oakley says:

OK, so folks don’t like the PG13 pun. Here’s the rated G one:
    Bebeh says: “I’m not on yet. Giraffe to come back later to catch my act.”

12. Hon Glad says:

I wonder what TV station those antenae receive.

13. Flutterby says:

That schmile… those eyeses! Beautiful baby!!

14. JohnnieCanuck says:

She’s blue? Quick!

Can you talk? Can you cough, Oakley? No? Okay, just relax and turn around. Now lean forward a bit and let me put my fist here, under your diaphragm. Ooof! Well, there it goes. Just be careful with that eating and talking at the same time, ‘kay?

Wouldn’t want to lose our best punster, now would we?

15. That bebe looks distinctly unimpressed. The universe has a lot of nerve taking her from her warm watery world. Oh well, she can look forward to lots of necking with mommy and assorted aunties.

Adorable hoverscript Prongs (since I’m assuming you just one person, wouldn’t the correct usage be Prong? wtf – wondering thinking female)

16. Aww, you’re a reticulated giraffe! Yes you are, you are so reticulated! <3

[ :lol: :D – Ed.]

17. Squee Girl says:

SQUEE!

18. You can Make Giraffes by NECKING!?

WHY has no one told me this before!

BRB! I’m going to go make a giraffe!

19. Bookmonstercats says:

“Calves today!!!!

So young and already sporting a mohican!

“In MY young day…..*grumble….grump…*.”

20. Bookmonstercats says:

Sorry, one too many sets of inverted commas, but you know how it is when you’re old and outraged….

21. tracylee says:

d’aww cutie patootie!

22. Queen of Dork says:

Lovely! I love the bristle brush fur on the neck and how it has a perfect line of lighter color at the tips.
    260Oakley: Ha-ha! “Giraffe to come back later.” :)

23. I cant believe I laughed so hard about the stork/hernia joke….

*still grabbing my sides and panting*

24. The world is a better place with another baby giraffe!

25. to quote Lisa Simpson… you’re so reticulated! yes you are

26. @JayJ, you owe me a new monitor. I wonder if my husband will help me make a giraffe too!

27. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

Can someone help me please? I wish to construct a CO page with this Madonna and Giraffe; and place it, next to the Madonna & Rhinoceros bambino photo.

I would never again need to come to CO. I’ll spring for some soda & a pizza….
    Any takers???

28. I want a giraffe and I will name him Eddie.

29. Why am I seeing a pic of a banana slug? It’s cute and all, but it’s no baby giraffe.

30. Bebeh giraffe is all, “How you doin’?”

31. You have again said Tampa Bay when you meant Tampa. I’ll pretend water on the brain
    is cute.

32. Theadosia says:

@260 Oakley, well I snerked at the ‘blue’ pun. On the other hand I do have a fairly ‘black’ sense of humour.

33. @260Oakley: Necrophilia may be a little too blue for some, but I loved the deadpan delivery.

34. @Ray: The Busch Gardens website says “Tampa Bay”.

35. @Doggabone: Maybe because it sounds bigger or more exotic, and they’re entertainers, not mapmakers. The word Bay is not in their actual address: 3000 East Busch Boulevard, Tampa, Florida. The city’s name is Tampa.

I wanna be a cuteporter but so far I’m only a mapquester.