Morris the Cat’s ’85 Yearbook

Favorite Quote: “Why don’t you take a picture? It lasts longer!”

Nickname: B.C.O.C.

Likes: Simple Minds, Cosby Show, Shermer High, Flux Capacitors

Dislikes: New Coke, Jefferson Starship, Edna’s Edibles

Time Will Tell: Compact Discs, Mike Tyson, Oprah Winfrey

Frankie says relax, Larissa A.

Comments

1. Oh yeah, pop that collar. Where are the Ray-Bans?

2. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

3. The new version of that book’s coming out… Preppy Handbook…

4. oops — meant to add — fashion is on the 20-year cycle. It’ll come back again…

5. don’t you forget about me!

[I'll be alone, dancing, you know it baby - Ed.]

6. *scribbles in yearbook* H.A.G.S!! Stay sweet!!! <3 DKN

7. Walton! You’re famous!

8. I love the cliche “jock” head tilt. Adorable

9. Decathelon says:

These are the best pictures taken of anything in a polo shirt. From now on, only this cat is allowed to wear them.

10. What a handsome puss!

11. I don’t understand how peps manage to put clothes on cats, mine would not stand for it!

Love the Breakfast Club reference! :-)

12. Linda SF says:

He is TOTALLY dreamy!

OK – So pit bulls and Aussies have their scarves. All Tabbies need knit shirts with flipped up collars.

It’s all about the accessories, people!

13. Natalie says:

I completely and totally saw Emilio once I read the hovertext. Prongs FTW! Love it! *Judd Nelson fist raise*

14. Hay guise! In honor of the ’80s, OPENING DAY, and brown-eyed handsome men, I give you:

15. Dr. Emile Schoeffhausen says:

Um, Dick? I’m sorry…Rich? I have a question for you. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

16. Rooanne says:

That is one Cool Cat.

17. kibblenibble says:

Gorgeous cat! ☺

18. Nice picture:)

19. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

If I understand this link correctly,

it will give youse guyz the lyrics to tha wirrm [ ie le chanson], but this link will
    not play the song. The album was recorded/ released approx Feb of 1981.

Without further ado: The STRAY CAT STRUT!!! (offstage: TAKE IT !!)

20. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

eeez confooosingk….

I tawt I wrote a comment & a link w/ nothing objectionable but now the comment no esta posted…. HUH??? Que Pasa, man???

Totally weird, man………………

Signed,
    Puzzled.

21. I am truly terrified that I got every single 80′s reference.

22. I remember this dude! Never missed a Springstein concert! Used to ski with him up at Killington – used to be in a ski house back then. I think he lives in Tucson now, 3 kids in college, golfs weekends..

23. Of course he is a jock… but the way his mustache curls makes even a geeky girl like me have the hots for such a tabby!
    XD

Why oh why do we allways fall for the beautifull bubbleheads!?

24. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

er…”Edna’s Edibles????”

Signed,
    Still Puzzled

25. chanpon says:

Needs Member’s Only jacket casually slung over shoulder.

26. LibrarianJessica says:

I just got the B.C.O.C. (big cat on campus). Nice one, Prongs.

27. He’s so much cuter than my high school boyfriend.

28. Dobermama says:

That’s the only cat I’ve ever seen who looked totally unperturbed to be wearing clothes.

29. 260Oakley says:

Tomcat Cruise in Frisky Business

30. Preppy mc Preppington! This is a cat after my own little New England Heart. I hope you get into Meowvard!

31. Kitty, guys: When you grow up, your heart dies. :cry:

32. Jessica says:

Aww, it’s Walton!

33. Shermer High School. LOL

34. WHERE did they get this little polo?!?!? I MUST HAVE ONE (to torture my own cat with, of course)!

35. Ritalin Smoothie says:

”Edna’s Edibles????”

“Take the good and take the bad and take them both and now you have . . .”

36. The bizarre thing is that I’m feeling kind of intimidated by this cat. Like he’s gonna stuff me in my locker.

37. Queen of Dork says:

LibrarianJessica: Oh! Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering what the BCOC meant. You can tell this kitty totally knows how gorgeous his eyes are. And the turned up collar is so cute on him!

38. that cat can definitely rock the striped polo shirts.

take it as a compliment, most people can’t. :)

39. melissa says:

this cat reminds me of my preppy cousin

40. The *only* reason I am not immediately making this pic my facebook avatar is because I can’t decide which photo is better.

41. What a handsome young man!

42. Popessa says:

Those are the best senior pics I have ever seen! I hope he sits next to me in trig class this week!

43. He looks great except he is missing the mullet!

44. ADD A KITTY WIG

45. BabyOpossum says:

“Happy Birthday, Samantha. Make a wish.”

(cue Thompson Twins)

46. Lindsay says:

Aw, a meowbutts wearing clothes! I demand cats in people clothes wearing wigs and other accessories! For pleases?

47. gatita bonita says:

But he’s not wearing any pants…. (shhhh!)

48. “…and then the flare-gun went off in my locker!” Such the perfect picture. Too cute for an adult comment.

49. Frankie *say* relax. And…. *shudder*

50. fish eye no miko says:

Re: “Edna’s Edibles”: It’s a Facts of Life reference.

51. OMG not ONLY did you post the most awesomest cat on campus.. but you also quoted from one of my all time favourite movies (ever) TWICE!! I’m at loss for words, THAT’S how cool you just got Prongs! X-D

Oh.. and I had to find a clip of Andy from The Breakfast Club!

52. Jerilyn says:

Too cool not to be a frat cat… Musta been in Kappa Kappa Mew?

53. OMG Walton is famous!!

54. Bro Kitty has a Fan Page on facebook peeps!

Check him out!

If the link doesn’t work, you can just search for Bro Kitty. You can see photos of him in his Easter best!

55. @QoD, a ballet moment for you.
    Watch the “tiger” on the left:

56. Noelegy says:

Sigh. So many memories! Back when clothes were silly, hair was big, and music was good. Class of ’88, here.

57. Ugotogal says:

Walton!!!

I love this little dude so much.

58. Mud Bug says:

OMG Theresa !
    I almost needed to change pants I laughed so hard !
    I SO want to be in a ballet! Oh Me-eg (in a sing song voice) When are the C.O. Ballet try outs ??? I wanna be a tiger !!! (Pretty please with Maru on top !)

59. Um, nice quote, Baby Opossum, but wrong John Hughes movie. It’s easy to confuse the Molly Ringwald characters as they were always flustered, underappreciated and always pretty in pink. (cue Psychedelic Furs…)

Purrrrsonally, I never went for the jock type in high school (class of ’87 here), but this little stud muffin is rockin’ that polo.

60. LifeCoach says:

I KNEW he would like the Cosby Show! & I KNOW he will come around to Jefferson Starship…I just know it. I think he made an appearance on the Facts of Life.

61. Oh come on ladies. We know that we all have a little part of us that’s still waiting for Jake Ryan to pull up in his little red trans am. Or making furniture in PA, whatever.

Beautiful, beautiful kitty.

62. Walton is famous now!! he’s really moving up in the world! :D

63. Walton!!! He’s so awesome!

64. O NO (he/she/or it) DI'UNT!!!!! says:

—The Psychedelic Furs!!!! –

I had SO forgotten that band’s name. Good memories, those!!

65. This isn’t funny and I demand that it be removed IMMEDIATELY.

Larry Lester

66. Sweet niblets, Walton is famous now!!

Yeah!!

67. Trez4400 says:

definitely better looking than any guy I dated in the 80′s

68. StormCat42 says:

Oakley and Jerilyn – great punnage!!!

Class of ’85 here, and you totally made me want to leave work, go home, and watch every movie John Hughes ever made!!! And yes, I have to admit I would still like to see Jake Ryan pull up in a car… But then I’d like to be alone with Judd Nelson in a closet too… Ahhhh sweet memories… *sniff*

69. Valerie says:

LOL….to the Tom Cruise reference…lets see him slide across the floor in his socks!

“Just take those records of the shelf I sit and listen to them by myself…todays music aint got the same sol(aint that the truth)…

Gotta love the 80s…people complain but they were doin it too LAMO

70. 1985 was the year I graduated from high school as well! I’m not so sure compact discs were around yet, but everything else is DEAD ON, especially the upturned collar!! :-D

71. Emerson says:

Thanks, Theresa.

72. ’84 hear…and Wolfie, nope…CD’s were not around yet.

73. Blossom says:

I am in love.

74. He is adorable, and I love him. I especially love the ‘thoughtful’ expression in the second picture.

75. StormCat42 says:

Nope, CD’s weren’t around then… I can’t even really remember when they first came out…

I remember having a stereo with a tape deck… I always had a tape in there, just in case I heard my fav song coming on the radio… I would run over and hit “record” as fast as I could! LOL I also remember that Sunday was THE day because Casey Kasem’s Top 40 was on!!! Man, those were the days… So innocent and simple… *sigh*

76. Valerie says:

Middle 90′s cds came out

77. Guys, CDs have been commercially available since 1982. I didn’t have a CD player myself until around ’87 or ’88.

78. OMG, he is sooooo Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air!

79. Kasia!
    But I don’t think he’s gonna bust a move like this:

[I've never seen that. That was... 8O ... actually kind of awesome. - Ed.]

80. BabyOpossum says:

Um, Yo NT Mel, I’m real happy for you, and I’mma let you finish…but Sixteen Candles was the best John Hughes movie of ALL TIME.

(And yeah, I can keep them sorted out. These were the movies that dominated my pre-teen and teen years, for glaven out loud. To me this kitty says Jake Ryan Dreamy. That’s all.)

(And yes, I know that “for glaven out loud” is a Simpsons reference.)

81. StormCat42, I can remember doing that as well! I had a wonderful hi-fi stereo left behind by my older brother when he moved out, and the speakers sat on top of the bookshelves in my room. I had the little portable tape recorder set up next to one of the speakers. And I used to put this dorky sign on my bedroom door that said “QUIET PLEASE! Recording in session.” One of those mix tapes I had from back then had my little brother barging in on the middle of a song and me shushing him furiously.

LOVE the flamboyant tiger danseuse! But what are tigers and elephants (Indian) doing in the Arabian Dance? This song brings back memories from high school, when we always played selections from “The Nutcracker Suite” at our Christmas concert. My best friend played oboe–the only oboe in our small concert band (not orchestra)–and she had solo on the Arabian Dance.

82. cubbybutt says:

the look on this cat’s face is just so darn earnest!!!! he needs a good mush!

83. Padfoot_Lives says:

Jake Ryan would NEVER have turned up his collar, and he drove a red PORSCHE not a Trans Am but neither useless factoid (my head is full of them) changes the fact that this cat is gorgeous. His eyes match his shirt!

84. @Noelegy, while we’re at it, what are the tigers doing wearing turbans and sunglasses? And don’t they look suspiciously like Chester Cheetah?

85. Did all of y’all not notice the CLEAR Breakfast Club references (2 of them)?? I mean.. C’mon son! Love loved LOVE 16 Candles, but no way José is this cool cat the Jake Ryan type.. he’s a straight up Andy (the Jock) from The Breakfast club. Just sayin’!

86. *Sings to Morris*:
    “Why’d you hafta be such a heartbreaker, etc……?” …….. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

87. MamaLana says:

What a sweet face.

88. Love the popped collar. If he were in High School, he’d def. be the captain of the football team LOL

89. i think it is new fashion for summer :)

90. bookmonstercats says:

We don’t have “jocks”, and if we did, I’d have been too geeky, four-eyed and frizzy-haired to ever date one, but I’d have developed a really hopeless crush on this one.

91. Theadosia says:

CDs were definitely available in ’85, because in ’84 I made friends with a girl whose father was a stereo fanatic and an ‘early adopter’. His CDs were all of classical music and I remember having to sit in the living room for the great ceremony of listening to the latest CD. I do think it was a while before they started to be used for pop.

92. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Thanks for that ballet moment! I still have tears streaming down my face! :)

93. GIGGLE :lol: Kitty looks like he/she is saying “Ok, you had your fun. Now get this shirt off me.” :lol:

94. Tubular.

And I swear this cat looks almost human with that shirt on.

95. I’m flashing back to a pair of pink plaid Bermuda shorts I owned in 1987. And a band trip. And the song that went “Boom boom boom, let’s go back to my room.” Good times.

96. This cat remind anyone else of Anthony Michael Hall in 16 Candles?

97. Paunchie says:

That cat has gorgeous green eyes. I love them.

HATED the polo shirt 80′s thing with the popped collars. But then I was a bit of a goth girl in the 80s ( class of 86) .

98. Catrina says:

How anyone gets a shirt on a cat is beyond me…..

99. Paunchie says:

Back in the day, we had actual ALBUMS made of vinyl, and TAPE players in our cars! Iffin’ a boy kinda liked ya, he’d make you A MIXED TAPE! I was proud of my “record collection” which I am still rebuilding in digital format. Even using the word “album” feels dated now, eh? But what about when an artist had a theme or an actual concept for an entire record of 10 or 12 songs or whatever, and an idea about how they should fit together, follow one another? A certain cohesion, whut?

Nowadays the kids don’t have the attention span for that, I think. (grouchy old lady grumbling)

100. Very cute and handsome ginger cat!

101. Paunchie says:

I’m glad someone else left comment #101 so we aren’t left with that grouchy old lady grumbling. . .

102. ILOVEHORSES says:

I can just imagine a whole cat school thing to go along with this…

103. @sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

its a wannabe!@(x.p

104. @its a wannabe, Elvis!

i wanna take it home!!
    (.xp

105. good job making your cat look like a college bro! hope he doesn’t start binge drinking, and picking up underage tabbies… hehe