Gearing Up for Opening Day

In honah of this uhpcomin’ seasin, allow me to do my impression of two of my all-time fahvorite playahs:

Nomah “You Broke My Heart” Garciparrah…

and

Manny “I’ll Let Manny Be Manny as Long as Manny Keep Boston Happy” Ramirez…

He needs an old-school Johnny Damon mullet, Caroline McG.

Comments

1. Rally cap ferret!

2. I truly love that time was time was taken to create a tiny, ferret sized baseball cap. I’ve known a few hardcore Red Sox fans in my time, (but really, are there any other kind?) and this little fella totally fits right in.

3. He’s got such a beepable nose.

4. earlybird1 says:

OMG, it took me forever to figure out the first photo. It tewtally looks like a ferret head on top of a human neck and shoulders. Then again, I did just wake up. Whoa……

5. earlybird1 says:

Plus, the tacky glue on the table was making me suspicious…

6. Where is Big Papi?

Wait a minute…I need to have a brief interlude:
    YANKEES S*CK!

OK, back now. :) :) Sorry,

7. He’s got season tickets at Ferretway Parck.

8. chanpon says:

Ferret even has the appropriately grumpy, disillusioned look in the first pic. Classic!

9. O NO (he/she/it) DI-unt!!!!!!??? says:

no no no peeps you’ve MISSED THA point!!!

Ok, sure the critters are adequately Qte (maybe even an A+) but the REAL qwershtyun is:

“WHERE”s Von Zepp????”

(Likely answer: Fennway Park, or at Spring Training Camp raht heah in FloRIda!”

10. Rachael says:

earlybird1: It still looks like a ferret head atop human neck and shoulders. And I’ve been up for hours. :)

Cutest ferret-fan I’ve ever seen.

11. Andi from NC says:

The cap rocks – especially when in the rally posishe!!

12. the “boston accent” is terrible… (who says fahvorite??) but the pictures are great!

Go Sox!!!!!

13. But Manny doesn’t even play for Boston anymore. Go Sox!

14. 260Oakley says:

Bet ferrets would be great at stealing bases.

15. It’s a brand new cap. I know by the tacky glue on the table. He probably used to be a Yankees fan.

16. eternalhearts says:

I’m in love with you.

17. bee bee says:

Wicked cute, guy.

18. OMG!! That’s my close friend’s ferret. His name is Pickles!!!

19. Excuse me, I mean her :p

20. But – but– it’s blue!

Reminds me of this Onion Story:
    Manny Ramirez Likes Red Sox’s New Blue Uniforms

21. PS My fanny is in the seat for Mets Opening Day!!!

22. Did you know that April is Adopt a Rescued Ferret Month??

Yay for ferrets!

(Note there is a ferret named Amy on that page)

23. OMG, ferret overload! There’s been more ferrets in the last few weeks then I remember in a looong time on CO!

(this is of course AWESOME!)

24. Stolen bases would all turn up under the bed…

25. Oh my god. If that ferret was in a hockey jersey, this picture would be absolutely perfect. As it is, it’s still a 97.38%.

Ferrets = Win.

26. @Saffron, are you a Yankee fan???
    Check this!
    Report: Yankees Trademarked ‘Yankees Suck’ Chant In 1996

27. @Theresa….awesome. You know, where I live, you can get onesies for your bebehs that say “Yankees s*ck”. :D

28. Let’s go, Yankees!

29. CatViccer says:

First pic ferret’s lil arm across the chair is crackin me up! Kinda looks like my dad leaning back over the seat on family trips, “So help me if I have to pull this car over!”

30. Thanks for all the love guys! Her name is Pickles, but i mostly just call her babygirl, and i actually made this hat for the 2007 season (GO SOX!), but we kept it til now as a good luck charm.

ps. I’m not sure about all the former players mentioned in the paragraph (i, as a true sox fan, obviously would not have mentioned either of them, but i would have added that she’s almost as cute as Pedroia was last night)

GO SOX!

31. yeah! go sox! SUCK IT, yanks!!

32. Noelegy says:

Not into sports, but how cute is this, seriously? And I love the name Pickles for a ferret. Or anything else, really. (Yes, I’m an “Oblongs” fan.)

33. actually shes named after the drummer from metalocalypse, but i love the oblongs!

34. dr. berthaservant says:

cardinals!

35. Rockies? Anyone? Come ON, you can admit they have sortakinda decent pitching NOW, can’t you?

And Pickles is an artiste! :)

36. niether Damon nor Ramirez has played for the Sox for awhile now.

37. (like i said, i didnt write the paragraph, i wouldnt have mentioned that jerkoff damon especially)

38. Officer (Original) Mel says:

OMG. I lof it so moishe!

Go Sox.