“Rear Gear” ‘Tock Covers—Coolest Product EVAR?

FINALLY! A cheerful solution to delightfully cover your favorite pet’s un-manicured ‘tocks!

For a small price, you’ll see big rewards when you plaster every tush around you in Rear Gear! Designs like a Sheriff’s badge, a disco ball or bio-hazard symbol OMG!

Get yours now before the product, well, runs out! [Thumbs up]

Spanks to both Carrie W. and Elizabeth D. for the photo and forwarding the original link from San Francisco Chronicle.

Comments

1. Now there is a Wna?????? if I ever saw one

and April Fools gets better and better today!

2. And also Butt Bleen!

3. Are they like those car air-fresheners that hang from your rearview?

4. umm, wah???

[Dun. Dun. Dun. ...another one bites the dust - Ed.]

5. 260Oakley says:

Sold at Hole Foods

6. Trez4400 says:

That’s just wrong on sooooo many levels.

7. Oakley, you just KEEL me.

8. Camille says:

I prefer a discreet privacy tail.

[Old school! 8) - Ed.]

9. I ran across these on Etsy the other day while looking for dog collars – I laughed then and I laughed now!!

10. Hon Glad says:

As John McEnroe would say “You can’t be serious”

11. Rachael says:

Great, now my guys are going to demand their own personalized Rear Gear. :roll:

12. Stupid. :(
    Dogs are animals, animals have butts. People, come on, get over it. Not to mention, that cannot be comfortable.

13. OH RIGHT April fool’s day.

pbbbbbt ya got me!

14. 260Oakley says:

There should similar products for our two-legged friends who like to wear their pants a bit too low. (You know who you are!) They could be called Manhole Covers.

15. What is she gonna do with that thumb? Oh dear lord!!!!

16. Wow, do they sell those next to car deodorizor trees at the gas station? I might pick up a couple……

@Mouse –
    (pretty sure those things are tied to their tails and not….um……err….”plugged in” like a Glade Plug-In”)

17. 260Oakley – they make t-shirts with “long tails” for plumbers and the like. How funny that we were just talking about that this morning at work! :lol:

18. prinbsn says:

I thought it must be an April Fools’ Day joke, but I looked at the comments on sfgate and they’re all dated back in March. Once again the inanity of some people surpasses all my expectations…when will I learn? As said above, dogs have anuses, get over it. If you don’t want to see your dog’s, perhaps you should just get yourself a stuffed toy and talk to it…(grumble, grumble)

19. Sometimes, things like this come along that make me a little embarrassed to say I’m from the Bay Area. This is perhaps the stupidest effing product I’ve ever seen and it just totally makes me <> Sometimes people just need to keep their ideas to themselves…

20. ThadIsDumb says:

Really? Like God got Dogs butthole wrong…

Idiots

21. Sounds like something the Victorians would’ve come up with. I think the air freshner aspect though could be worth investigating…

22. Jessica says:

…God got dogs’ buttholes wrong? That has to be the most hilarious comment I have ever read! :-P

[Not to mention being difficult to say, 10 times fast - Ed.]

23. schnell says:

This wouldn’t work on my dog. Looks like they’re tied to the tail – Joe doesn’t have one! This may be an april fool’s but I swear someone already did something like this already for reals.

24. jazmella says:

Okay, so this IS an April Fool’s Day joke, right? Because…I totally forgot it’s AFD and couldn’t believe how ridiculous of a product this is…er…was? lol. Oh man.

25. Haha! Do they come with air freshener option? ;-)

26. Oh good lord, calm down people. They are made and sold by a seller on Etsy, and they aren’t glued to the dog’s anus or anything, they tie to the tail. They’re just funny, and they don’t hurt the dog at all.

Wow. Talk about overreacting…

[Are you nuffing NUFF OVERLOAD? Really??!? 8O - Ed.]

27. Melissa says:

HAHAHAHA! yes Rumi you are rightie-oh

28. Anal Bumcover?

[Close. You know what a manhole cover is, right? Well... - Ed.]

29. Miley Cyrus? you’re losing touch a little girl

30. Mary Jane says:

Stupidest product ever. What happens when the dog has to go? I’m not going to be the one who has to change it after the event.

[I bet the underside is non-stick. :lol: - Ed.]

31. DaytimeDeb says:

32. DaytimeDeb says:

Duplicate comment detected. It looks like you’re already said that! (Just checking to see if this comment gets posted, my real one didn’t.)

33. Hmm…I think “Butt-On” would be a little better than “Rear Gear”.

34. DaytimeDeb says:

Here was my original comment: I don’t know what is more hilarious — that this product actually exists, or that she is sold out! Clearly some people have too much money (please share!!)

35. DaytimeDeb says:

OK, clearly my computer, my server, and ’nuff overload are having april fools day fun at my expense. I guess my original post DID post, after all. I’m taking my technical incompetence offline, now. :-)

[LOL!! And for real, I was NOT messing with you! Maybe WordPress/Akismet is in on the fun too, in stealth mode? Who's to say?? :lol: - Ed.]

36. ICNU – I see what you did there!! :lol: Nothing like a little SNL Jeopardy.

37. DaytimeDeb says:

Not only that, but when I tried to post my comment about the message I was receiving, I got another error message saying I was posting too fast and to “slow down!” Too funny. Like I type too fast.

38. Tadpole's mom says:

Wow. The comments on SFGate and here are mostly so serious. Does nobody have a sense of humor any more?

Yes, they definitely need a Teflon coating on the underside, but come on! Do you really believe that the dog would be humiliated? (My Cocker Spaniel had a mohawk for months and months, and I don’t think she ever noticed.)

39. @Rumi – If we didn’t live in a country where an attorney general once wanted to put privacy drapes on public statues, it might not push so many buttons for we anti-prudes to see a silly product like this marketed.

But I do think we’re allowed to say we think it’s ridiculous, just like people are allowed to say when they don’t find a picture cute. And just like those of you who find this adorable are allowed to say so.

(And no, Ed., I think she was nuffing the nuffs on Nuff Overload)

[I just can't get enuff! - Ed.]

40. Looks more comfortable than a thong.

41. Nope, not any improvement over what nature gave ‘em. Regardless of any Jennifer Anniston look-alikes posed beside them.

42. I wonder if we could market human-sized rear gear for semi-nudists…

43. I’ve seen some dogs who needed a pair of pants. :P

44. Are they scratch n sniff? ” P

45. hahah .. these are awesome. :)

46. you know….I have seen alot of stupid things for dogs buts thats the stupidest thing I have and probably ever will see…….honestly people you have a poo hole to.

47. what happens when they need to poop?!

[The stool detector activates the trapdoor servo. Ploink! - Ed.]

48. Yes, I do have a ‘poo hole’. And I cover it.

49. not cool, not cool! they are animals, let them be!