THIS JUST IN: ‘Chunk’ the Groundhog

Look, I know this pic is not the BEST PIC in the whole world until you focus on THE EAR ACTION and the fact that this is a Groundhog NAMED ‘CHUNK’!

Just enjoy it, Brandy G.

Comments

1. Squee! Nibble nibble nibble those ears!

2. Resriechan says:

BEST GROUNDHOG NAME EVAH???

Discuss amongst yerselves!!!

Tomorrow’s topic: is this named AFTER a Ben/Jerry’s Flavah; or is Ben/ J’s starting a Chunky Groundh (no; never mind. )

(sigh)

3. Who’s complainin’ about picture quality? That nibblicious ear and plush two tone fur more than make up for a questionable amount of blurry pixels.

4. Chunk of butterfinger! Must nibble on Chunk!

5. aaaaaahh bebeh hoggeeehh!
    want eeeet!

6. forsakenbeast says:

Holy cow! I’d nom his little earsies, but I’m afraid they’re too small (and CUTE!) to do so! Maybe I’ll just flop him over and rub his wee fuzzy belleh!

7. Oh gosh, the cuteness. Gah!

8. ahhhh! too cute!! sooo teeny!

i like how his body shape in this pic is like a heart :)

9. 260Oakley says:

Full name: Chunksutawney Phil.

10. Hon Glad says:

Chunk….more a little niblet and the manufacturer has put on far too small a set of ears.

11. I like calling them whistlepigs instead of groudhogs sometimes…whistling pig sounds cuter than a hogger of the ground.

12. Andi from NC says:

@260Oakley – as usual, high quality punnage!

The ears!!!

13. Micro ears are delishous.

14. earlybird1 says:

NOT TO MENTION the leetle pink feets! *nom*

15. Birdcage says:

Can I call him a peeg? You know how much I like that word. Hawg, peeg, same ting!!!!! I lurb heem.

16. How much ground would a groundhog hog
    if a groundhog could hog ground?

A groundhog would hog as much ground as it could
    if a groundhog could hog ground.

17. Lerrinus says:

Awwww! :-)

Outstanding Ovations on Oakley!

18. crazy weinerdog lady says:

Squeee! I’m diggin’ the teeny whiskers and nosey action! I could just pop him in my mouth!

19. I would very much like to nom on those leeetle feet.

20. 260Oakley FTW!!

He had me at Chunk but the teensy earrage is too much qte to handle.

21. That’s it, I am now a Chunk-aollic!

22. Ears don’t get to be pants-hanced. That’s just messing with reality too much! :(

Cute pic, tho!

23. I want to see him do the Truffle Shuffle.

24. Oh, you mean his ear. I read that fast and thought, wtf?

25. It’s a woodchunk!

26. So much better-looking than Phil! And look – eyes closed, so he will NEVER see his shadow. Bwahahaha…

27. Is the name Chunk a reference to Goonies?

28. How much Chunk could a ‘chuck Mom nom if a ‘chuck Mom could nom Chunk?

29. holy cow! who’da thought that one of those big ol’ fatties could start out so teensy?

30. What a chunky morsel!

@HP Snerk!

31. I’m sorry but those ears are not even big enough to nibble.

32. Baby chucks are the best! A few years ago a momma chuck had a couple babies under Mom’s porch. We enjoyed watching the kids play on the lawn; they rolled around like puppies! Sadly, they ate everything including Mom’s purty spring flowers. So chucks are no longer welcome under the porch, in fact there is a very unwelcoming wire mesh keeping them out. But I’ll always remember those two beebee chucks rolling around as if they didn’t have a care in the world.

33. WOW.

34. PS IT IS SO the best pic in the world!

35. This is one of a great many photos that makes me just scratch my head and wonder how people find themselves in so much more exotic animal lives than mine. What have I got? One hilarious, obese, middle-aged cat with vampire fangs and a rotten attitude. Don’t get me wrong, he’s the light of my life, but he’s just a cat. No pet squirrels, no newborn woodchucks, no mom cat nursing a fawn.

36. i didn’t know groundhogs started out so adorable.

37. I’d have bet money that the alt text was going to be: “Heeeeey yoooou guuuys!”

38. Is there a special cuteness category for an animal whose whole body is a perfectly-shaped oval?

39. Is that elbow squidge?

40. Lula Mae says:

Neopatra, there really should be an eggstra category!

41. I LOVE CHUNK!!!

42. OK, based on the ensie wiensy ears and those really-needs-specticles eyes, I’m saying that is a gopher (Geomys whatchacallit), not a ground hog.

43. That has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

44. Amanduh says:

I loff him.

45. Katrina says:

Chunk is a hunk.

46. What a cute little boo-boo! I love baby animals…I love woodchucks or groundhogs or whatever they are called. So chubbular.