Uncanny Cat Cookies

Has your cat ever done something so ridiculously adorable that you’ve involuntarily exclaimed, “Oh, I could just eat! you! up!“?

Well now you can! And without being branded a blade-brandishing barbarian! Yes, all you have to do is send your favorite photo of your beloved Paw Pouncington to Anne, and in return you’ll get this:

Thin Mints may be tasty but they pale in comparison to these gems, Anne J. Cookie photos taken by Lynn Helmly, and cat photos taken by Mary Remiyac.

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

2. Not enough things are “cat” flavored.

3. I love that the first set of cookies even got the “Bowie eyes” right- nice detail!

4. Hot Tams says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! the last little pussy wasn’t very pleased.

5. (Although I think they may be Turkish Angora-flavored…)

6. GypsyWillow22 says:

I want to send my kitty in but when I click on Anne V. it doesn’t do anything.

7. Reminds me of “Feed the Kitty” when poor Mark Anthony thinks the kitty has been made into a cookie. ;)

8. These are adorable, but my cookies come with real cat hair flavor. Top that.

9. Queen of Dork says:

Yummy!

10. You mean “branded,” not “brandished.”

11. I want to send in my kitty, too! How do I do that?? The “Anne V” link doesn’t work. :-(

12. Genius, Anne V.

13. FYI, the link doesn’t work. I want cookies!

14. Those are so cute! But I’d feel bad eating one, kind of like a cannibal (“cattibal”?)

15. mintyheart says:

Deckard Canine, i think it’s the language of teh qte…. or snorglish…or whatev.

16. BirdiesMom says:

I want some tortie cookies of my own – please fix the link!

17. Brian in Toronto says:

Everything looks and tastes better with cat hair.

Are Manx tailess versions available ? Otherwise I would have to bite them off first.

18. It’s “branded.” To brand something is to label it. To brandish something is to thrust it out aggressively, as in brandishing a sword.

[Fixed now. Better? ;) – Ed.]

19. Rosewolf says:

Ahh! Too cute! I have kitties to send in for cookies! :D

20. LOL The last kitty rocked!!!

21. #1 photo looks exactly like my Tee (look at my avatar) not a Turkish Angora because he has a very thick undercoat. I don’t know what he is except he’s BIG and he can stretch a single meow for a whole minute when he wants treats.

22. aww the first white kitty looks exactly like my first cat gebu …. he died about 9 years ago after having a bad seizure … except his green eye turned greyish colored when he was about a year old and he had a grey Eeyore looking tail and grey tipped ears. as a i recall how we got his name ge for green and bu for blue i still miss him to this day. the funny thing about him was he mewed a lot as a kitten then when he got older he would just chirp when he wanted something and his fur was soft as rabbit fur and he had a stuffed panda bear i nicknamed pandy-andy that he would carry everywhere. awhile ago i found a pic i drew of gebu and panyd-andy when i was 10. sorry for the long post the pic of the kitty makes me reminisce about gebu.

23. Those cookies are the cat’s meow!

24. @Meaghan, you said “thrust out aggressively” (making a beeline for the Snickering Lounge :lol:)

25. Resriechan says:

@ Meaghan # 18: THANKS
    for doin’ the whole Grammar Accuracy Thing!!!

I AM A GRAMMAR GEEK IN MY DNA but so often I worry about gettin’ beat-up in the schoolhouse playground if I shove my substantially-sized schnozzolla,
    in & make the suggestions that I want to make all day every day.

WOULD YOU BELIEVE that CNN ANCHORpersons, ferGod’ssake, use the vocabulary terms “nukeYOOLAR” and “ATM MACHINES” and “PIN NUMBERS”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH I WANNA
    (oops I better censor my ackshual wished-actions, or the FBI will be knock-knock-knockin’ on….etc etc)

Signed,

In Summary:
    THANKS for the grammar geeks, in Many of Us Librariologists
    (incorrect term used in IRONY, in that one case)

OH — PS: PROPER PROPS also to Ed’s, who DID THA FIXX!!!!!

**MWAH!!*

26. Resriechan says:

oh no the compooooooooooter moderated my very politely phrased thinggie

AND IT WAS A THANKYOU NOTE

help?

27. Queen of Dork says:

ann: What a lovely memory of Gebu and Andy Pandy.
    Theresa: I’ll meet you in the Snickering Lounge, kay?

28. Resriechan says:

@ Ann re Gebu & Andy Pandy: RIP at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Thanks for telling us about them. We abso appreciate the wonderfulness of furry, scaly & otherwise non-human companions, here @ CO …

29. The link to Anne’s site is now fixed in the post.

Or just check it out here:

30. Eek! Where are the third cat’s pupils? She looks cross-eyed at first glance, but the “pupils” are really her nictitating membranes.

31. Mary (the first) says:

Not to get too picky but kitteh # 2 looks like a tortoiseshell, not a tabby. As for the cookies, I didn’t notice Bowie eyes on the kitteh until I saw them on the cookies.. and then took a better look at kitteh.. excellent!

32. I am sooooo ordering these!

33. Theresa, you and I are on the same wavelength: I thought of “Feed the Kitty” too! Excellent cookies, most deliciously Cute.

34. thanx Queen of Dork and Resriechan one of these days i want another white kitty. i have to to say gebu was a unique cat he also loved water esp water leftover from a shower. i would also put him on my shoulder and feed him bits of this frozen blueberry toast my mom bought all the time it was like a blueberry muffin but toast form.

35. Resriechan says:

ann you are SO welcome & I wish I could take away your missing them for you.

One followup question: is the word GEBU a Japanese word, by any chance?

My family lived in Japan two different times in the 1950s & just before 1970; my dad was a jet fighter pilot (yup, really honestly; he flew ‘em off aircraft carrier battleships both during the Korean and during the Vietnamese conflicts). The only Japanese words that I know are a few of the numbers and a few of the honorary terms. You might infer that my screenname here is related to my family history as “chan” is the term that traditionally Japanese have used to refer to “the little kid”,,,,,or some such interpretation….

36. Paunchie says:

That first kitty is SO pretty!! She looks so soft. And she must be a SHE, right?

I love that cartoon. I like it when the dog scolds the kitten going “mm mm mm!” wagging his finger, and the kitty starts swatting at it. At which the dog goes awwww, and hugs the kitty. Cute.

37. Evangeline's Upstairs Maid says:

What a CLEVER idea! I wish her huge success; it’s a darling idea. They’re wonderful, those cookies; I mean to keep her information handy. I’d LOVE a sweet Evangeline with my cuppa tea (have to go now, Mistress needs her treats).

38. In our house we have long ago conceeded the battle of clearing cat hair and now we just consider cat hair as a condiment and carry on.

39. Wow, the icing is really cool for the calico meowbutts. It would be easy to make a cat cookie for my kitty, he’s black and white :-P

40. Resriechan says:

(waves)

Hi Paunchie!!!

Was this your FIRST time, seeing that cartoon? Surely NOT????

or are you simply thinking through what you noticed long ago?

41. RE:Resriechan : no Gebu is not Japanese it does sorta sound like it, we just made the name up because of his 2 different colored eyes.

42. I want to eat all the cookies!!YAM!!

43. pink ear triangles in frosting nom nom nom

44. I don’t know why Marc Antony’s mom would wear 15-denier black-seam havana-heels with, what’s more, those shoes just to do the vacuuming, but I can’t be the only one who feels permanently warped by (this and) everything Chuck Jones ever did.

45. AWW :D Those kitty cookies look too cute to eat :D

46. Paunchie says:

Oh no, Rezzie, I recognize that cartoon from when I was a tot. I used to love Saturday morning cartoons!

47. FYI, “gebu” is a Malay word means fluffy, a rather apt name for a cat IMHO.

48. dr. berthaservant says:

I vote for nommable raisin toe beans!

49. How could you possibly EAT those! They´re so cute, I would never get myself to actually eat them. :)

50. Those are so adorable! love, love, love!!!

51. Patito Gigante, haven’t you ever seen June Cleaver? She vacuumed in pearls. But I’ll agree with you that Chuck Jones definitely saw a very interesting universe.

I wonder if these cookies contain a certain percentage of cat hair? REAL cat owners wouldn’t mind!

52. Went back and looked at the photos again. Nope, couldn’t eat. Then again, I always felt weird eating Easter chocolate bunnies.

53. White kitty is given look my kitty gives when you interrupt his bird watchin!

Cookies look too cute to eat.

Shhhhhhhhhh #3 is sleeepping! Hard life to be a cat. :)

54. fish eye no miko says:

Aw, this is a neat idea! Does she make cookies of other pets?

BTW, David Bowie doesn’t have different colored eyes, they’re both blue. But due to an accident, his left pupil is permanently dilated. Here’s an excellent image of his eyes that shows what I mean. (I hope the html works…)

55. lol thats ahdorable! x 10000000! do they make different animals haha?

56. Flutterby says:

@Neopatra, thanks for the Marc Anthony cartoon! Brings back very fond memories of when cartoons were fun, funny and had a moral!

57. What a great business idea! I hope she branches out and does dogs too. :D

58. I have a cat that looks like the first set, and silentK is right. He is a Turkish Angora.
    I’ve nicknamed mine Brat. (not his name)Spoiled rotten and lords over my 3 other kitties.

59. Did people know its a rarity for a male cat to be a calico? Discuss.

60. cultjam76 says:

It’s also a rarity for torties to be male. Basically the vast majority of tricolors (calicos and tortoiseshells) are female. The males are always sterile.

And the vast majority of ginger tabbies are male. Don’t know if the females are sterile like male tricolors …

And the cookies are precious. I wouldn’t want to eat them but my sweet tooth would eventually get the better of me. >.<

61. Dogs are available if you send a “conversation” to the seller on her website.

62. Also, you forgot the gravy.

63. I have had Something Sweet Shoppe cookies and they are delicious!

64. With regards to Silentk’s comment (#3), I just want to nerd out on you guys for a sec. What Silentk is referring to is a condition called heterochromia (having two eyes of differing colors) which many people mistakenly believe David Bowie to also have. David Bowie does NOT actually have heterochromia. Due to a childhood accident, one of his pupils is permanently dialated.

However, a famous celebrity that DOES have heterochromia is Christopher Walken. So I guess you can call them “Walken Eyes”. :D

65. SomethingSweet’s cookies are even more delicious than they look! You will not be disappointed!