I’ll Meet You During Intermission, Hydrant

I see you in the distance, Favorite Red Hydrant, and I’ll be with you just as soon as this yahoo behind me is done with her ridiculously embarrassing routine of – oh God, here we go, she’s cueing “Circle of Life” and calling me Simba…

Please tell us you also have a pet warthog and meerkat, Kyle M. Photo by K.D. Morse

Comments

1. PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY OMG

*runs around in circles, falls down*

[GETS MOBBED BY PUPPY - Ed.]

[...and don't think for a moment that one puppy by itself is incapable of mobbing! - Ed.]

2. eastiegirl says:

Awwwww!!! Such a cute puppeh!! WANT!

3. Gahhhhhh the earworm!!!!!!

It’s the Circle of Life
    And it moves us all
    Through despair and hope
    Through faith and love
    Till we find our place
    On the path unwinding
    In the Circle
    The Circle of Life

4. That puppy is so cute i just love labs

5. tracylee says:

those paws! that muzzle!

he just can’t wait to be king, huh?

6. I can almost smell the warm puppy fur in the sun

7. freetomato says:

Awwww – he’s gonna be a big boy – look at the size of those paws! (I love me some labs too)

8. freetomato says:

And a final thought – the only way to make that picture even cuter is if his belly was in it!

9. StormCat42 says:

O…..M…..Ga! (Anyone who’s a fan of Jack from “Will and Grace” will recognize that one..) :)

Look at those PAWS!!! And the EARS!!!

Can’t….. Resist…. NOOOOMMMMING!!!!!

*nom nom nom nom nom nom* What? *will mouf full of ear*

10. tracylee says:

oh! I just noticed you really can see a splotch ‘o the hydrant in puppers’ eye! aw, little one is staring soooo longinly…

11. Aw thats funny…Good eye tracylee!

12. 260Oakley says:

Attention tech support: I believe this puppy would like to update his I Pee address.

[c:\> ipconfig /allovertheplace :P - Ed.]

13. roar?

14. I dunno about a warthog and a meerkat. How about a pygmy potbellied pig and a ferret.

15. nose beeeep!

16. Jenn in IL says:

Love the smell of warm puppy fur in the sun…

He’s just precious. I wuv him.

17. Birdcage says:

I love tabs.

18. Birdcage says:

I meant labs.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with tabs.
    But it’s labs that I love.

19. Such a stoic expression.

I concurr on the single puppy mobbing. Been there, slobbered by that. Repeatedly.
    *and I loved every single moment of it too*

20. It’s good to be the king.

21. @Oakley: I splorted tea EVERYWHERE.

22. I is king! Bring moi my snausages peasant!

And I agree with freetomato, warm puppy bellies are the bestest thing in the world!

23. @Ed: Maybe that was alllll part of my Clever Plan ;-D

[Oh, it's understood. ;) - Ed.]

24. HOOSAWIDDOPUPPEH???

25. victoreia says:

GIMMEEEEEEEE!

26. The combination of caption and comments (editorial and otherwise) are killing me worse than the floppily patient puppykins did.

27. Puppy, you are my instant friend.

SQUEEEEEEE!

28. Hydrant I am calling yooou, oo, oo, oo, oo,oo,ooo.
    Cos I need the Looo, oo,oo,oo,oo,oo,ooo.

29. resriechan says:

@ satyr;

(heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee/ sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?)
    izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@ Hon Glad:

Very nice !! — Not THIS month’s top cinema title, but VERY nice history tidbit, there!! :)

30. resriechan says:

260Oakley: I would like to register the following, simply as mood/ response to your clevair # 12:

“eeeeeeeeeeeeeezz….a puzzlement”.

(I get the IP joke!!! I just thought that “eeeeeeezz a puzzlement” would be a fun response….kinda “Laugh-In” mood….)

And @ Birdcage:

It was very wise of you to add your clause. The TAB afficianados might cometagetchaeffyadon’ watchout…..

And finally, @ Ed, in that same theme:

“Hey Baby, NICE TABS!! Whooooo—Hooooooooooo, BABy!!!!”

Signed,
    a-HEM
    (Clearing throat & walking quietly outside the camera’s viewfinder)

31. resriechan says:

(sneaks back into picture frame to correct/ proofread)

TAGS, I meant. TAGS!!!

(looks in both directions to see whether anyone caught the mistake & made fun of me before I corrected it)

(walks away again)

32. Andi from NC says:

I used to do “Circle of Life” with my sweet kittayn Sammy (*sniff* gone to soon, RIP Sammy – but lots of excellent memories)

33. S’Funnee: I’ve had two yellow labs and a black one; and even as adults, they still retain their soft puppeh ears; they always feel like velvet, so pettable……!

34. He just wants get to the hydrant to read and leave p-mail…

35. i left a comment how cute this little guy is and its GONE ???????????????

36. Aww I imagine this is what my little (BIG) Echo looked like as a puppeh! She is a rescue so I missed out on her chubby puppy stage :(

37. Must beep nose!

… Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!………..

Ah NOW I feel better..

38. Daaaawww….

39. Resriechan says:

@ Theresa:

“And there was much rejoicing!!”
    (in the distance: “YAY!!! H’ray!!!”)

40. Now THAT’s a movie musical! ;)

41. Hon Glad says:

Theresa – Snort, who ha,ha,ha. A work colleague told me of a rather dim receptionist
    who asked her friends their names,when they called to take her out to lunch,
    “Its Anne Zeigler and Webster Booth” (a singing couple like Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddie) The receptionist rang through “Hello Rita, I have Anne Zeigler and Webster Booth for you in reception” said in nice but dim voice.

42. Want!

43. Toe-hawks!

44. That is going to be one big boy, with paws like that!
    :D

45. Looks like a cuddlekins!

46. I WANT THE CUTE LITTLEH PUPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE